Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I never thought I'd hear the NRA shoot down an idea for more guns in public. I guess Trump really is a miracle worker.
    Hehe. They are not the radical gun organization the liberal media tries to make them out to be. They believe in responsible gun ownership and safe operation of firearms, which they do offer also.

Is this all really still about guns? Let's ignore the fact that shootings and violence happens in Europe all the time, where guns are illegal, and in many places not even officers have guns.

This is an ISLAM problem. If you don't think so, then you haven't educated yourself enough on what's happening in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hehe. They are not the radical gun organization the liberal media tries to make them out to be. They believe in responsible gun ownership and safe operation of firearms, which they do offer also.
    that's why after sandy hook they fought assault weapons bans, background checks and waiting periods.

0/3 on the care score card m8
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Credit for what is normally accepted by most people. That alcohol consumption in a bar and the one drinking having a firearm is not a good mix. Makes no difference who says it, it is good to support that statement. Even tho it is legal in some states and there have not been a major increase in firearm incidents as a result of such laws that I am aware of. Like in Ga. I do not think it is a good ideal however.
    So, even though it's pretty basic common sense, you think we should give them "credit" for realizing that?

Do you want to hand out medals to people that can both walk and chew bubblegum at the same time as well?

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBigBoss View Post
    Is this all really still about guns? Let's ignore the fact that shootings and violence happens in Europe all the time, where guns are illegal, and in many places not even officers have guns.

This is an ISLAM problem. If you don't think so, then you haven't educated yourself enough on what's happening in the world.
    let me know when even Europe as a whole has more mass shootings than their are days in the year, let alone any one country or any several countries that equate to USA's population. That would be staggering news in Europe and would be a real reason for the downfall of the EU
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    that's why after sandy hook they fought assault weapons bans, background checks and waiting periods.

Citation needed.

10+ Year Old Account

And for difference reasons than you are implying. Assault weapons are no more deadlier than a lot of other semi-auto rifles are. Certain weapons are already on a ban list and for good reasons. But this is getting into a gun control topic again and we have a mega thread for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Citation needed.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_co...chool_shooting
    jesus after
    About 2,560,000 results (0.52 seconds)
    Idk what I'm gonna do with the rest of my day and my massive research expertise... maybe I'll go to work for the FBI....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    So, even though it's pretty basic common sense, you think we should give them "credit" for realizing that?

Do you want to hand out medals to people that can both walk and chew bubblegum at the same time as well?
    Credit for supporting something right? Of course. We do that all the time in many other applications. Why would you argue not to, unless you have a political axe to grind?

Why do we need a new thread for everything that trump says?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBigBoss View Post

No. It is Radical Islamic ideology that is the problem. Not Islam as a whole. The Old Testament has some pretty harsh things to say also when it comes to how to treat your enemies and some sins. But we do not blame all Jews because of some who are radical enough to take those commandments literally.

Credit for supporting something right? Of course. We do that all the time in many other applications. Why would you argue not to, unless you have a political axe to grind?
    Because it is, like I said, the equivalent of chewing bubblegum while walking. I just naturally assume that, if you can do both of those things individually, you shouldn't need a medal when you prove you can do both of those things at the same time.

"Today the NRA put their underwear on before their pants. Let's give them a big round of applause."

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it is, like I said, the equivalent of chewing bubblegum while walking. I just naturally assume that, if you can do both of those things individually, you shouldn't need a medal when you prove you can do both of those things at the same time.

"Today the NRA put their underwear on before their pants. Let's give them a big round of applause."
    Chewing bubblegum and walking to is highly unlikely to lead to your death. :P Where as drinking in a bar while carrying a firearm has the chance of causing serous injury or death. Your comparison falls way short.

Chewing bubblegum and walking to is highly unlikely to lead to your death. :P Where as drinking in a bar while carrying a firearm has the chance of causing serous injury or death. Your comparison falls way short.
    So it's even less impressive that the NRA figured that out. Thanks for setting me straight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_co...chool_shooting
    jesus after Idk what I'm gonna do with the rest of my day and my massive research expertise... maybe I'll go to work for the FBI....
    Where does it say they fought against background checks and waiting periods?

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's even less impressive that the NRA figured that out. Thanks for setting me straight.
    You are welcome. You do not have to be smart to figure that out. But it is still the right stance to have.

You are welcome. You do not have to be smart to figure that out. But it is still the right stance to have.

Well, then I guess we have to give the NRA due credit for not being pants-on-head retarded. Using the same metric however, Donald Trump has just shown that he is pants-on-head retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Where does it say they fought against background checks and waiting periods?
    Congressional action
    Proposed assault weapons ban
    Main article: Assault Weapons Ban of 2013

On January 24, 2013, Senator Dianne Feinstein and 24 Democrat cosponsors introduced S. 150, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 (AWB 2013).[25][26] It was similar to the expired 1994 federal ban, but differed in that it used a one-feature test for a firearm to be considered an assault weapon, rather than the two-feature test of the 1994 ban.[27] Gun-control advocates said the stricter test would make the weapons less appealing to gun enthusiasts.[26] In addition, it would have banned:

the sale, transfer, importation or manufacture of about 150 named firearms;
    firearms with "thumbhole stocks" and "bullet buttons";
    the importation of assault weapons and large-capacity magazines;
    and large-capacity ammunition feeding devices (defined as those capable of holding more than 10 rounds).[27]

It would have grandfathered in weapons legally owned on the day of enactment and exempted 2,258 specific firearms "used for hunting or sporting purposes," of which only 33 were semiautomatic centerfire rifles.[27][28]

Feinstein wanted the grandfathered firearms registered under the National Firearms Act, which currently registers machineguns, silencers and short barreled shotguns.[29][30][31]

On March 14, 2013, the Senate Judiciary Committee approved the bill, though it was not expected to clear the full Senate or the House.[32][33] Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid decided to leave the proposed ban out of the broader gun control bill, saying that it was unlikely to win 40 votes in the 100-member chamber and that it would jeopardize more widely supported proposals.[34][35] On the morning of April 17, 2013, the bill failed on a vote of 40 to 60. It was supported by Democrat Reid and Republican Senator Mark Kirk, but 15 Democrats, one independent, and all the Republicans except Kirk voted against the ban.[34]
    Proposed universal background checks

The Manchin-Toomey Amendment was a bi-partisan piece of legislation sponsored by Joe Manchin, a Democrat, and Republican Sen. Pat Toomey that would require background checks on most private party firearm sales.[36] The bill known as Manchin Amendment No. 715 was voted on and defeated on April 17, 2013 by a vote of 54 - 46 because in order to pass it needed 60.[37]
    Do you honestly want me to look into the voting and show you what party voted for what? just how much hand-holding do you need, friend?
    if you give me your number I can call and read it to you if you'd like.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-21 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, then I guess we have to give the NRA due credit for not being pants-on-head retarded. Using the same metric however, Donald Trump has just shown that he is pants-on-head retarded.
    Well, I agree what he said was not too bright as a politician. He needs to learn to play by the rules of political correctness based on public opinion. This is where he could learn some things from Hillary. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you honestly want me to look into the voting and show you what party voted for what? just how much hand-holding do you need, friend?
    if you give me your number I can call and read it to you if you'd like.
    But that does not say what specifically the NRA was opposed to. I can see them opposing some parts of the bill. Namely the one reducing the criteria for a assault weapon from 2 items to 1 item. This would broaden the field of eligible rifles by a large amount. While I am not oppose to background checks for private sales I can see where they would be. As those will not reduce the amount of gun violence by any appreciative amount and only hinders the right of the person to sell their possessions.

I think they would look at those bills and feel like it is a start to even more restrictions to the point of violating the 2nd Amendment down the road. Which one of their duties is to protect that right.

Not saying I agree with this and I am not personally a member of the NRA. But knowing their position on such topics, I am not surprised they opposed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Nothing obvious about it. It's like he's trying to be Ted Cruz, who is actually good at using weasel words, but just failing miserably.
    So do we want a good liar or a bad liar as president? Hmm, choices choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.