Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    There is nowhere to move. Society has expanded across the entire globe. There is no escaping its reach.
    This is basically false. There are plenty of regions so untraveled that, even if a nation DOES claim ownership, it's impossible for them to enforce it.

Your issue is you don't want to LIVE there, because it's inhospitable and there's no access to services and so forth.

In short, you want to mooch off the benefits of being a citizen of a modern society, without taking on any of the duties of citizenship. That isn't how anything works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Do you have a source?
    Of course he doesn't, he's just saying moronic bullshit because he wants to be an antisocial halfwit who didn't go to school.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    What's stopping you from leaving exactly?
    Leaving where? There is nowhere to leave to escape societies reach.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is nowhere to move. Society has expanded across the entire globe. There is no escaping its reach.
    like i said go visit some Tribes in Africa there u can have your society free shit and u can run around naked too and no one cares thats great!

We're up to our armpits in the home schooled. They never go to school except maybe college.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leaving where? There is nowhere to leave to escape societies reach.

Again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples

Yes there is.

I'm sure that at least some of those kids are going to want to move out of the area where they live as they get older. Education is their ticket to freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    He can't leave. If he moved to some remote location he wouldn't have internet access and he wouldn't be able to come here and make these bs threads.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    He can't leave. If he moved to some remote location he wouldn't have internet access and he wouldn't be able to come here and make these bs threads.
    And literally nobody would miss him.

/angry fist shake
    I was gonna say that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is basically false. There are plenty of regions so untraveled that, even if a nation DOES claim ownership, it's impossible for them to enforce it.

Your issue is you don't want to LIVE there, because it's inhospitable and there's no access to services and so forth.

In short, you want to mooch off the benefits of being a citizen of a modern society, without taking on any of the duties of citizenship. That isn't how anything works.
    Yes, I don't want to live in an inhospitable region, but I don't want to mooch off society either. I think there should be a fair amount of hospitable land turned over to the people in each major society that no government owns, and the people can do with it as they please. That seems like a more fundamental right of freedom that granted to our very distant ancestors many centuries ago, and that type of total freedom should exist for people that want to exist society in search of their own way of how they want to live their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    uses internet and electricity and hates society.

is hypocritical piece of shit.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Yes, I don't want to live in an inhospitable region, but I don't want to mooch off society either. I think there should be a fair amount of hospitable land turned over to the people in each major society that no government owns, and the people can do with it as they please. That seems like a more fundamental right of freedom that granted to our very distant ancestors many centuries ago, and that type of total freedom should exist for people that want to exist society in search of their own way of how they want to live their lives.
    The problem is that very few people would actually want to live there.
    Beta Club Brosquad

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Your true colors are showing. I gave you a link that shows many groups living on hospitable land. If you really wanted to you could find a place to live.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you want to leave civilization there is nothing holding you back. Go forth with only your rod and do what you want to do. The rivers and trees wait for you!

Who said that I wanted to be a citizen? I never asked to be one, it was forced on me from the beginning through a potentially unwanted social contract.
    Nobody, you can leave for another country that better fits your lifestyle.

Education is too important in today's age for the most basic learning to be neglected. Reading and writing for example are useful no matter who you are. Productivity, jobs, and all that aside, we don't want our next generation to go uneducated which will only bring down the future. It's important that they know the Earth revolved around the sun, that 25% = 1/4, and even basic government knowledge. All of this should be known by everyone.

The moment you allow parents to keep kids from school, expect many kids to go uneducated and ignorant on the ways of life. No, if there is one thing I can agree on; basic education should be mandatory.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    And literally nobody would miss him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    /angry fist shake
    I was gonna say that.
    Now, now. Nanook threads aren't so bad - there are plenty of arguments against enforced schooling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Amazing how many people don't seem to realize that school is primarily to teach kids how to fit in, obey rules and conform to expectations, rather than to "educate". Actually learning stuff that's relevant is an occasional, secondary benefit.
    ^This
    /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    I've always questioned the compulsory nature of education. Available? Sure, but not compulsory.

I dont have any kids so I dont really have a stake in this. But if I was a parent who disagreed with this, I'd just tell my kid to get himself suspended constantly. Walk into class and tell his teacher to eat sht, refuse to do any homework, etc. ( but not tell anybody I told him to do it)

And then when CPS asked me why he was acting out so much " dunno dude. i punish him and he just tells me to go f off."

EDIT:I even did that some myself when I was that age. School bored me, so when I wanted some time off, i'd do something to get suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Now, now. Nanook threads aren't so bad - there are plenty of arguments against enforced schooling.
    And none of them are supported by anything more than "It's what people did hundreds of years ago". So....no, there are no VALID arguments against forced schooling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I've always questioned the compulsory nature of education. Available? Sure, but not compulsory.

I dont have any kids so I dont really have a stake in this. But if I was a parent who disagreed with this, I'd just tell my kid to get himself suspended constantly. Walk into class and tell his teacher to eat sht, refuse to do any homework, etc. ( but not tell anybody I told him to do it)

And then when CPS asked me why he was acting out so much " dunno dude. i punish him and he just tells me to go f off."
    And you would have that child taken from you in a heartbeat for being a shitty parent.