Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    People on this site learn to write with their other hand just so they can be left on something else besides their politics.
    That sound you hear? That's the sound of everyone clapping with just their left hand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Smudgeguard?
    Mind blown I never knew these things existed but I mainly use ball pens nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Be resourceful.
    When you're good at it, you can be left handed and become President. you can even give workshops about it
    look
    I went to a workshop a few years back were I learned some nifty tricks but indeed Obama is a fine example.
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2016-06-20 at 11:27 PM.

As a right-handed ex-Junior AA baseball player who had many left-handed friends growing up, I have a thing or two to say on the matter.

Being left handed is an advantage in many sports, including baseball. Southpaws have the advantage of already facing first base when they’re at bat, can more easily keep an eye on first base when pitching and can cover a large amount of the field when playing in the outfield by having their glove in their right hand. There are specially designed left-handed baseball gloves available (worn on the right hand so you can throw left-handed).

Other sports that offer an advantage to lefties are fencing, boxing and tennis - your opponent is going to have to adjust to most of your strength coming from another angle which grants a significant advantage in a 1on1.

So yeah, just like with autism there are upsides to being a leftie.

im a lefty as well, left hand dominant for a lot of things, although i am ambidextrous

i use my right hand for a lot of things related to sports and strength, although breaking my wrist in half a few years ago has limited my right hand, so my left has taken a bigger place than before.

i am much more coordinated with my left hand, and notice myself using it a lot more than my right for smaller intricate tasks

One article I read said left handedness was good for war, if you had a knife or a spear it gave you and advantage against the right handed types.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I know it is, but it's true.
    No it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I'm left handed. Ink hand sucks. I just learned to deal with it.
    Just get a pen designed for left handed people.

I'm left handed, and have dealt with ink hand... binders... desks... etc :P Scissors (manual can openers) make my hands hurt, but you learn to deal. Everyone in school always thought I was nuts (except for other lefties) because I used to turn my binders upside down, or wrote on the back of loose leaf paper. It was pretty common for me to turn in things like that, too. Drove a lot of my teachers insane lol

I used to get pretty bad wrist pain do to writing with the 'lefty hook', managed to train myself out of that. I've tried doing things with my right hand... but even with practice I still fail pretty horribly. Only thing I can do with my right hand is use eating utensils, except for a knife... can't cut up my food with my right hand :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Left Hand Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that ever sucked about being lefty is trying to hand write a full paper without smearing the lead everywhere. Not really an applicable problem today.

I gawk at lefties that need a left handed mouse and the like.

Oh, and I would like to throw all left handed desks into a molten fire.

The left hand path is that of the Devil. That's a bad thing in case you needed to be told.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    Recently I have been working on my projects but I my studies I have found that I as a left handed person face minor nuisances from writing pens and drawing boards to tools and other things mostly for right handed people I cant blame them since right handed is the majority of the world.

Are you left handed or ambidextrous or right handed and have experiences with left handed people like myself?
    Left hander here... I'm not sure how / why you'd ever consider a pen to have a specific orientation. Spiral notebooks, right handed scissors and that sort of thing, you just get used to.

If you really REALLY want to get annoyed, start playing guitar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    The only thing that ever sucked about being lefty is trying to hand write a full paper without smearing the lead everywhere. Not really an applicable problem today.

I gawk at lefties that need a left handed mouse and the like.

Oh, and I would like to throw all left handed desks into a molten fire.
    I have two left handed Razer Naga's. One I use, and the other is a backup in case the first breaks (in case the company stops making them).

It's neither. It's a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    As for me, I was initially left handed before I was "corrected" to be right handed way back in the early 80s.
    If I'm understanding you correctly, my father says something similar happened to him as a child. He was left handed, but very early in childhood had his hand smacked anytime he tried using his left hand as his dominant hand, writing, eating, etc., so he was "corrected" (as you say) into being right handed. I think because of that, in some way to compensate, he went out of his way to make my little sister feel special for being left handed and encouraged her.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'm primarily left handed, but I guess somewhat ambidextrous. Write/draw/throw/etc with left hand but I use mouse, scissors, and most things specifically made for the right hand with my right.
    I'm the exact same way, except I use scissors with my left hand. Only thing I really use with my right hand is my mouse, but besides that, i'm mostly left handed.
    Last edited by BarelyLegalBear; 2016-06-21 at 03:08 AM. Reason: fucking typos

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If you really REALLY want to get annoyed, start playing guitar.
    I've of the opinion that playing left handed guitar or golfing left handed is primarily a thing because lefties, or SJW righties made it a thing. I concede that I could be completely wrong about this, but which hand strums and which hand holds down strings isn't a left/right thing. It what ever hand you started using early on to do those tasks. So I would understand it's very annoying to go back and forth between right and left hand guitars, but seems like if a lefty learned right hand guitar, they would probably have been fine. Why does the dominant hand have to strum or pick?

For golfing, seems the same. how you hold your hands and what direction you swing the club doesn't seem to matter to your dominant hand so much as how you learned to swing to start with.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm left handed as well, though as most left handed people do, I've learned a lot of things as if I was right handed. I play just about all sports right handed, except I throw a baseball or football with my left hand. I play guitar and bass on right handed instruments. I also play on a right handed drum set, though I use an open handed playstyle. Technically, I'm ambidextrous when it comes to drumming as I switch hands constantly depending on how I feel like playing, but my comfortable go-to way is the left/open handed position. I loved to drum.

On a fun side note, five out of the last six presidents were left handed as well as many of the people they ran against.
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2016-06-21 at 03:17 AM.

i was left-handed as a kid, it changed as i got older. now I'm somewhat ambi.

supposedly it makes you more creative?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's wrong-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I've of the opinion that playing left handed guitar or golfing left handed is primarily a thing because lefties, or SJW righties made it a thing. I concede that I could be completely wrong about this, but which hand strums and which hand holds down strings isn't a left/right thing. It what ever hand you started using early on to do those tasks. So I would understand it's very annoying to go back and forth between right and left hand guitars, but seems like if a lefty learned right hand guitar, they would probably have been fine. Why does the dominant hand have to strum or pick?

For golfing, seems the same. how you hold your hands and what direction you swing the club doesn't seem to matter to your dominant hand so much as how you learned to swing to start with.
    If you train yourself to do so. I think that for most people who pick up a guitar with no prior knowledge, one of the two orientations is going to feel much more comfortable to them. For me, it was lefty... I can't even strum major chords right handed.

Drumming posed similar issues, but this wound up working to my benefit in a way. When I picked up drumming (again, completely self taught), I found that I was right handed in terms of my overall approach (right hand on hi-hats, left on the snare), but I would start any sort of roll or fill with my left hand. Additionally, my left foot was the dominant one. After a few years, I was running into some technical issues playing like this, and basically decided to re-teach myself from square 1. I now play drums just as a right handed player would, though my left hand and foot are still capable of much more speed than my right hand / foot are.

The advantage is that I can play with a pretty good amount of ambidexterity, lead double bass patterns with either foot easily, etc.

I use to hate writing as a left hander my handwriting was said by some that it is not that readable (the cheek lol), I have found swan neck pen which has improved my handwriting to help me to form my words a bit more neater, It is worth a try

[QUOTE=zephid;40981256]No it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Just get a pen designed for left handed people.