Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    How does Tyr's Hand of Faith interact with loh reduction from talents and artifact trait interacts?
    600 secs * 0.3(if you have the legendary gloves) * 0.7(if you are speced Unbreakable Spirit) *0.7 up to 0.4(artifact trait being capped to 6/6).

Need to see the legendary vendor ingame again to verify cap purposes, but the above should give you a rough idea.

Deleted
    So full trait/talent/legendary would make it be less then 90 sec cooldown. Thats prettty damn good for a 1.6million heal.

So the general consensus seems to be that Holy Paladins (Ret aswell according to other sources) will suck in Legion and be very boring. I don't know about the suck part but I did play a bit in PTR and it was pretty bland but then again it has been for a long time. I don't know what I want to do in Legion, I've always been a Holy Paladin since Wrath but I feel like I might be going Druid this time around especially because Balance seems very fun and would love to have it as an off spec. Sigh, I just hope I don't make a mistake like I did in WOD and get bored halfway through HFC and regret rolling Paladin. I feel like this time around that's more likely and seems it would come a lot faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerLOL View Post
    So the general consensus seems to be that Holy Paladins (Ret aswell according to other sources) will suck in Legion and be very boring. I don't know about the suck part but I did play a bit in PTR and it was pretty bland but then again it has been for a long time. I don't know what I want to do in Legion, I've always been a Holy Paladin since Wrath but I feel like I might be going Druid this time around especially because Balance seems very fun and would love to have it as an off spec. Sigh, I just hope I don't make a mistake like I did in WOD and get bored halfway through HFC and regret rolling Paladin. I feel like this time around that's more likely and seems it would come a lot faster.
    I'm not entirely sure there is a "general consensus" that holy will be terrible unless I'm the minority and there are hundreds of people who hate the spec that I don't know about. Personally I think holy has been much more interesting than on live through alpha and beta. I haven't tried ret in several weeks, but when I did I did not like it, but then again I'm generally not a fan of ret period.

Deleted
    It's just as braindead and boring as WoD holy, just in a different way. I mean I guess I can play it but when this is supposed to be the expansion of class fantasy and making cool and unique specs, I'm left wondering is this really the best they could come up with?

So far I've enjoyed my Holy Paladin on beta I'm not a big fan of the proximity mastery, but hopefully it all plays out well in raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPonderevo View Post
    It's just as braindead and boring as WoD holy, just in a different way. I mean I guess I can play it but when this is supposed to be the expansion of class fantasy and making cool and unique specs, I'm left wondering is this really the best they could come up with?
    Just as braindead? I don't find myself spamming HS and FoL until the fight ends. You have a couple more cd's you can use depending on talents, and a couple more abilities to use in different ways than you might be used to on live, but in what ways is this current iteration on holy "... just as braindead..." as live. There is no way in hell it is as the simple forehead slam healing it currently is on live. In regards to class fantasy I'll give you that, it doesn't seem quite like it could be, but then again I don't give a damn about class fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainess View Post
    So far I've enjoyed my Holy Paladin on beta I'm not a big fan of the proximity mastery, but hopefully it all plays out well in raids
    With the current room sizes and mechanic managing there is for most of the fights I'm not really sure you will have to worry much about the new mastery. So far I haven't ran into issues where I couldn't position myself to get near perfect efficiency out of the proximity by either standing in melee with double beacon or positioning myself to cater to one side more than the other using lightbringer with the beaconed tank allowing the mastery to spread to a degree to the other raiders on the other side of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    With the current room sizes and mechanic managing there is for most of the fights I'm not really sure you will have to worry much about the new mastery. So far I haven't ran into issues where I couldn't position myself to get near perfect efficiency out of the proximity by either standing in melee with double beacon or positioning myself to cater to one side more than the other using lightbringer with the beaconed tank allowing the mastery to spread to a degree to the other raiders on the other side of the room.

Makes me curious about what the assumed efficiency on our mastery will be for tuning. E.g., if we're tuned around 50% effectiveness with mastery, it would make a good hpal who can get 85% + mastery efficiency very strong.
    Last edited by Spazzix; 2016-06-21 at 04:42 AM.

I did manage to get through my artifact quest, but it was VERY close. I'm not sure if I wasn't healing smart enough, if it was my gear, if it's overtuned... Did anyone else have any trouble? I'd like to know if I need practice or if it's just tuned that high.

On the beta, I am at ilvl 850 and have been doing Mythic + dungeons at +6. I have enough crit on my gear to have my crit rate at 50%. That means HS will always crit and always generate IoL. With IoL I have been using FoL on the tank. This has proven to be effective for heavy tank damage and I use LoD and HP for AOE heals, augmented by LotM and BF on the party when needed. I have been using the Negalar Fare trinket and alternating between Bottled Hurricane (for AOE) and Bleached Skull Talisman for crit stats. I will typically use Aura Mastery and Tyr Radiance early in the fight, and Avenging Wrath during burst times or when something goes wrong.

I am hearing pretty good feedback on paladin healing as one of the preferred classes for Mythic + dungeons. I think mobility is till a weakness, but I am learning to use all of our instants (HS, LoD, BF, HP ... ) as I am moving around.

50% crit sounds like a lot for what I assume is not far from starter gear. What are your other secondaries at? Curious to have a reasonable baseline for stats. I know they said secondaries will scale slower throughout the expansion, but I didn't they'd start that high.

Deleted
    Full artifact for holypalas looks fun. WIth power of the silverhand there is barely a limit how strong that holy shock can be, seen crits above 10million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    I did manage to get through my artifact quest, but it was VERY close. I'm not sure if I wasn't healing smart enough, if it was my gear, if it's overtuned... Did anyone else have any trouble? I'd like to know if I need practice or if it's just tuned that high.
    If you let the npc's drop to low hp it used to get kind of hard to kill all the stuff. They might not do a lot of dps but they sure could tank quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Full artifact for holypalas looks fun. WIth power of the silverhand there is barely a limit how strong that holy shock can be, seen crits above 10million.
    Yea, but since they removed the ability to do dps with it, the majority of the power of PoTSH unavoidably goes to overheal. They need to increase the proc rate and reduce the amount of healing saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeathebelle View Post
    Yea, but since they removed the ability to do dps with it, the majority of the power of PoTSH unavoidably goes to overheal. They need to increase the proc rate and reduce the amount of healing saved.
    That's what I've noticed about it. I refer to it as Tyr's Gift of Random and Unavoidable Overhealing.

The timing on it can be a little clunky, too. When the buff procs, how long you have to do the healing that gets added, how long you then have the bonus in place after the first buff ends, where your HS is in its cooldown cycle, etc., can be a bit awkward to juggle all of those. I suspect an addon will help with that, though.

The animation is awesome, though. The golden glow on your character is nice.

In BETA, I was doing a quest and received a buff called 'Might of the Silver Hand', which does 100% more damage to undead.
    Can someone tell me where this buff comes from?
    Here's a link to the wowhead: http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=2198...he-silver-hand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    In BETA, I was doing a quest and received a buff called 'Might of the Silver Hand', which does 100% more damage to undead.
    Here's a link to the wowhead: http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=2198...he-silver-hand
    Hmm, I assume that's our artifact random proc? Like the warrior's occasional val'kyr res, or Ret turning demons to piles of ash?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    50% crit sounds like a lot for what I assume is not far from starter gear. What are your other secondaries at? Curious to have a reasonable baseline for stats. I know they said secondaries will scale slower throughout the expansion, but I didn't they'd start that high.
    Crit 50%, Mast 35%, Haste 4%, Vers 4%.

This taken alot of Mythic, Mythic + runs so that every piece has high Crit.

This is the Artifact hidden proc against undead after killing an undead target.

I got that same buff as well. I'm pretty sure it was when I was doing the Uther portion of the Ret Artifact Quest with my Holy Artifact. We don't really have many Undead enemies in the Broken Isles, but it's still a cool interaction.