Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait angry about Hillary Clinton’s claims that they 'fund terroris

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7088296.html

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have condemned Hillary Clinton’s accusations after a mass shooting in Orlando that the two countries are among those that need to stop “funding terrorism”.

Speaking earlier this week in Ohio, Ms Clinton unveiled her plan to defeat Isis and said: “It is long past time for the Saudis, Qataris and Kuwaitis and others to stop their citizens from funding extremist organisations”.

Her comments came shortly after a 29-year-old gunman who pledged his allegiance to Isis and burst into a gay nightclub in Orlando, shooting dead 49 people and injuring 53.

John McCain says Obama 'directly responsible' for Orlando shooting
    In letters addressed to Fairfax Media, the two embassies in Canberra, Australia, said they strongly objected to Ms Clinton’s call that they should “stop supporting radical schools and mosques around the world”.

“Accusations leveled against the Kingdom of being lax or of supporting extremism fails to recognise the Kingdom's leadership role in combating terrorism,” the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia wrote, as reported by Canberra Times.

The Saudi embassy said that Saudi Arabia suffered 26 terrorist attacks in the last two years, and has a “national priority” to stop the “men, the money and the mindset that foremost extremism, especially violent extremism”.

It added that the government ensures that mosques do not incite extremism or collect money and transfer it abroad into “the wrong hands”.

The letters from the two embassies come after it was revealed that Orlando gunman Omar Mateen had made two pilgrimages to Saudi Arabia before he opened fire in Pulse nightclub.

Saudi Arabia has faced increasing anger as a classified report from the US government after 9/11, read by a select few politicians and still unavailable to the public, has revealed links between Saudi Arabian officials and the hijackers who took down the Twin Towers.

Human rights organizations have criticized Saudi Arabia for using "counter-terrorism" to crack down on peaceful activists, and it has one of the world’s lowest rankings for media freedoms.

The Kingdom also still employs the death penalty: Amnesty International recorded at least 158 executions in 2015 alone.

The Kuwait embassy said it had “come a long way” to help “dry up terrorist funding sources“ since it was liberated in 1991 by a US-led coalition from an Iraqi invasion led by Saddam Hussein, and that Ms Clinton’s comments “do not comply with reality”.

Amnesty International has also criticised Kuwait for passing a recent law to require all citizens to provide DNA samples in the name of combatting terrorism.

In her speech in Ohio this week, Ms Clinton vowed to make it a priority to "stop lone wolves" from committing atrocities, by working with allies abroad and doing more to support domestic law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hm the truth seems to hurt right? Or as we in germany would say: Betroffene Hunde bellen (affected dogs will bark)
    Last edited by Tabrotar; 2016-06-20 at 05:51 PM. Reason: typo

Well reading your quote here all she alleged was that citizens of those countries were funding terrorism, not the countries themselves. That's a pretty mild criticism. Hardly anything to get upset about. Especially considering that those countries and their Wahhabism has been allowed to take root for far too long in the Muslim world. Islamism is the third evil totalitarian ideology of the modern era that we need to defeat. The problem is we aren't fighting it well enough. For example: why do we allow Saudi Arabia to be a country? Also. Why are we selling them the best weapons available in the world? (Well I know the answer: money and oil. But you get my point.) But considering how dragged out the conflict versus the second evil totalitarian ideology was (the Cold War) I guess us being off to a slow start for the past 25 years kind of makes sense. Especially since there's still some leftovers from that evil still present in the world. But I'd say the time is right to up our game vs #3.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You know what? Fuck Saudi Arabia. Fuck Kuwait. Fuck Qatar. Fuck the UAE. They are a bunch of bastards and deserve NOTHING. The only reason as to why they even exist is because they have oil.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

What country hasn't funded terrorists at some point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    What country hasn't funded terrorists at some point?
    Certainly not the US, the land of free, world peacekeeping, and stuff..

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Saudi royal family members directly fund AQ for some time?

Yeah... They can be angry all they want...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Didn't Saudi royal family members directly fund AQ for some time?

Yeah... They can be angry all they want...
    no the US funded OBL at first, when he was a good guy.
    Also the US have over 6 bases in KSA and kuwait, yet they are terrorist trying to attack the US ? would killing american soldiers in your back yard makes more sense than shooting a club in the us ?
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Certainly not the US, the land of free, world peacekeeping, and stuff..
    Well, it makes it difficult to fund terrorists when they keep funding other terrorists who are killing our terrorists and taking their stuff. We want to keep your costs down ya know? So if we could all just agree on which terrorists we're going to fund, that'd be great thanks.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

We all know what they do, we all know about their terrible human rights or lack of it, yet we continue to trade with them and i live in the uk.

Deleted
    Good, call these scumbags out on their scumbaggery.

Well shit while she's at it she can send back all the cash those same countries donated to the Clinton Global Initiative as well.

But let's be real, she doesn't give a fuck about what she's talking about here. This is a shakedown.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

we know Saudi Arabia is the biggest founder and provider for wahbiesism (SP) the militant teachings of the Muslim religion. They literally have camps that are indistinguishable from Osama Bin Laden's alquidea (again, SP) camps, they are just the flavor of middle eastern spice we can tolerate... apparently they hang their prisoners at dawn, and ISIS hangs their prisoners at noon.... the two societies just will never get along, because they have nothing in common..../sarcasm

sigh....
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Well shit
    Trump is literally setting up new businesses in Saudi Arabia and you're getting upset about conspiracy theory level nonsense?

Can't say I'm surprised
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Well shit while she's at it she can send back all the cash those same countries donated to the Clinton Global Initiative as well.

But let's be real, she doesn't give a fuck about what she's talking about here. This is a shakedown.
    literally everything is a shakedown with the Clinton's... politically... the Don was just okay with financial fellatio.... seems he caught wind of the fucking scheme that is the American politik* circa 1970-present.

I wonder what changed...
    http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/fecfeca.shtml
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-21 at 04:45 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

10+ Year Old Account

To quote the late "Big Daddy" Unruh, "If you can't eat their food, drink their booze, screw their women, take their money and then vote against them you've got no business being up here."
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Trump is literally setting up new businesses in Saudi Arabia and you're getting upset about conspiracy theory level nonsense?

Can't say I'm surprised
    Pretty well documented who has donated to them so unless you've got something to actually say throwing around the idea that it's some conspiracy theory level nonsense is pretty much a joke. Even hardcore Democrats know Hillary is a pay for play type, so if that's news to you then you might want to get out a bit more.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

funny this bitch talking about funding terrorists when that's all she's been doing for YEARS.

then again she murders americans, laughs at a rape victim and sold half our Uranium to the russians for millions smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    literally everything is a shakedown with the Clinton's... politically... the Don was just okay with financial fellatio.... seems he caught wind of the fucking scheme that is the American politik* circa 1970-present.

I wonder what changed...
    http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/fecfeca.shtml
    I'd say a good majority of things are a shakedown for the Clintons, or a pay for play setup. I don't think Trump is any different for the record, and don't buy the idea that he's only just used the system in front of him while despising it. I do think that unlike Clinton he could see another way forward, though whether or not that way forward was a giant pyramid scheme in itself would be in the details, but Clinton is so laughably predictable in what she does and who she does it with because she's not all that smart and only knows the power moves in the game. She's literally incapable of doing things any other way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    To quote the late "Big Daddy" Unruh, "If you can't eat their food, drink their booze, screw their women, take their money and then vote against them you've got no business being up here."
    Exactly her to a T, no doubt.

I'd say a good majority of things are a shakedown for the Clintons, or a pay for play setup. I don't think Trump is any different for the record, and don't buy the idea that he's only just used the system in front of him while despising it. I do think that unlike Clinton he could see another way forward, though whether or not that way forward was a giant pyramid scheme in itself would be in the details, but Clinton is so laughably predictable in what she does and who she does it with because she's not all that smart and only knows the power moves in the game. She's literally incapable of doing things any other way.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly her to a T, no doubt.
    spot on analysis of Hillary in my eyes, with the caveat that she will use all powers at her disposal to get what she wants. she had all the power going into this primary and look at her now....she's about as appealing as raw liver/onions. and her ONLY rallying cry is "we might end up with trump"....

That's her message....this woman that's been deep in politics for the last 40 years.... all she can say is "I'm not Trump".
    once you get passed that, you're splitting hairs to find the differences their donors actually want. woman card/maybe women's rights has given no indication she'll continue Obama's Lazare-faire attitude on marijuana... (hopefullly) she's such a shill she can't even make up her mind on throwing marijuana users in jail or not and shes been campaigning for 40 fucking years.) what the fuck people find "progressive" about her baffles me.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-21 at 05:31 AM.