Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Highmountain gives you the most experience, IE it'll get you to a higher level faster, why is this important? Because it gives you in some form killing power (I know zones scale with you) but it gets you higher ilvl relics for one which will be your biggest problem leveling with mythic gear. You probably wont be using any Artifact Power outside of when you visit the campaign to pursue it (if you do).

Now lets also consider, its going to be swarming at 12am, but its going to die down by about 4-5am. You start off at high mountain because its the easiest zone to complete with the most linear path and abundant experience. Zones should be dead by the time you start the campaign and head to Val so you'll run into very little threat with Val. Then Azsuna and you'll be so far ahead of the pack at this point that Stormheim should be a snore and eases you into hitting 110 very quickly.
    I think you have a couple misconceptions that could hurt your leveling speed. First off, there's no pack to be ahead of in Legion. Outside of the very first zone done as soon as the expansion launches, every zone will be fully saturated from start to finish.

Not sure what server you play on, but I play on Stormrage, and I can guarantee zones won't be dead by 5:00 AM. They'll be swarmed 24/7 for at least the first 2 weeks. It's just how it is because people level at different paces. For every person that wants to go go go at midnight, there'll be somebody just starting at 5:00 AM because they think it'll be a clever way to level competition free.

Can anyone tell me if Legion leveling is similar or a lot different from WoD leveling?

Will there be main questlines that needs to be done before you can move on to the next zone(if you want to, I know they scale with your level), or is there no such thing?
    Will I see "disconnected" quest hubs on the map or are all quest chains/quest hubs connected(unlike MoP I think)?
    Are there bonus objective areas?

When I first head out to start questing, do I pick up a starter quest for each zone in Dalaran?
    How do I end up in Dalaran? Will I pick up a quest in Stormwind/Orgrimmar first of all?

I see some of you discussing in what order you will do the zones. Aren't you losing a lot of traveling time if you jump back and forth instead of just taking them in a clockwise/anticlockwise manner?

If I want to start leveling my gathering professions as soon as possible, do you have any tips for me where to start(does it even matter)? Best zone for skinning(quest mobs that other people will be killing)?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think you have a couple misconceptions that could hurt your leveling speed. First off, there's no pack to be ahead of in Legion. Outside of the very first zone done as soon as the expansion launches, every zone will be fully saturated from start to finish.

Not sure what server you play on, but I play on Stormrage, and I can guarantee zones won't be dead by 5:00 AM. They'll be swarmed 24/7 for at least the first 2 weeks. It's just how it is because people level at different paces. For every person that wants to go go go at midnight, there'll be somebody just starting at 5:00 AM because they think it'll be a clever way to level competition free.
    This isn't what I saw in WoD. Highmountain has a good completion time, you need to take that into consideration as well. So now you're offsetting different starting zone times as well, you can finish high mountain in about 3 hours, probably less. I think its one of the faster zones to complete as well which would put you on a fragmented schedule with people who started off in other zones, Stornheim definitely being the slowest.

The number of people who start at 5am are very few and far between, and the major herd of players from 12am will die down by 2am on average. You see this every time with any game. Diablo 3 being a prime example as well.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    This isn't what I saw in WoD. Highmountain has a good completion time, you need to take that into consideration as well. So now you're offsetting different starting zone times as well, you can finish high mountain in about 3 hours, probably less. I think its one of the faster zones to complete as well which would put you on a fragmented schedule with people who started off in other zones, Stornheim definitely being the slowest.

The number of people who start at 5am are very few and far between, and the major herd of players from 12am will die down by 2am on average. You see this every time with any game. Diablo 3 being a prime example as well.
    D3 and WoD both had very unstable launches which caused lots of people to go to bed in frustration. The Cata launch was relatively stable and there were people active at all hours of the day on my server. I'd bet money Legion will be a stable launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am actually a 6/10 in hype for legion. Though i don't exactly trust blizzard to make a good expansion anymore

It went down with the world server.

D3 and WoD both had very unstable launches which caused lots of people to go to bed in frustration. The Cata launch was relatively stable and there were people active at all hours of the day on my server. I'd bet money Legion will be a stable launch.
    That all depends. I'm reconsidering my leveling though now for warrior campaign. Think I'm forced to start in storm which will slow me the fuck down
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

I have always been the type who could care less about world/server firsts for raids as I haven't been into raiding since the end of BC. I always liked seeing who one my server would get the server first max lvl race and class achievements but lost interest in those after my brother and I both got server first max lvl DK in WotLK. Since then, people have started to exploit and gimmick themselves to the top of the pile and that just killed my interest.

I'm hyped but in the mean time I'm playing FFXIV and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    I would be hyped. But spend too much time playing Overwatch.
    So much in this post.

Personally, I've never really cared for the race. It causes early burnout and just seems like a waste of effort. I'm going to take this expansion as casually as I can.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Deleted
    Legion is like, the exact opposite of WoD. Whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen, but I'm hyped as fuck for World of Diablocraft.
    This sounds like they went all out of the "extending content life" to the max fuck I hate RNG in wow if I wanted that in a Blizzard game I d go and play D3. The issue I take with wow and the RNG in it is that unlike D3 it has RNG but none of the RNG is gated or limited you could farm forever for whatever you want huge fail to go ham on it here imo.

And lets not even talk about the "class fantasy" they droped that faster than a person would drop hot shit if it was put in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    This sounds like they went all out of the "extending content life" to the max fuck I hate RNG in wow if I wanted that in a Blizzard game I d go and play D3. The issue I take with wow and the RNG in it is that unlike D3 it has RNG but none of the RNG is gated or limited you could farm forever for whatever you want huge fail to go ham on it here imo.

And lets not even talk about the "class fantasy" they droped that faster than a person would drop hot shit if it was put in their hands.
    Yah, loot can now get up to +50 ilvls from Titanforged and scales, mythic dungeons scale endlessly, class campaign takes weeks to finish, artifact traits get ridiculously expensive.

Its one hell of a grind.

Every announcementz and alpha/beta stuff lead to same direction : moar grinds, moar rng and mooooree pruning. What's to be hyped?

(And I never cared about world/realm firsts)
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2016-06-21 at 05:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I remember since BC there has always been hype about world first Max level, bets on guilds that are going for world first raid... Etc...
    Hype on world first <New Class>, <New Race> etc...

I haven't see threads about what are you doing to preping for race to 110, which quests you will hold onto to turn in right at launch, etc...

Am I just blind?
    Most of the player base either left, waiting to see if Legion is the best expansion yet or fucks no longer given. WoD did a lot of damage it broke what little trust/faith remained for many.

7+ Year Old Account
    World firsts have never been officially tracked, just server firsts.
    Yeah that's what I meant. Thanks.

It's a hell of a lot of fun and I like being OP. That's really all there is to it. I enjoy the content playing at my own pace. My pace just happens to be ludicrous speed.
    - - - Updated - - -

Cool cool....yeah sure if that's your version of fun far be it from myself or anyone tell you how to play the game you are investing your own time into. Nothing wrong with that....we just have different means for enjoying the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Cool cool....yeah sure if that's your version of fun far be it from myself or anyone tell you how to play the game you are investing your own time into. Nothing wrong with that....we just have different means for enjoying the content.
    Hahaha, I know it sounds crazy but it's true! I go like, really ham on it. It's kind of become a ritual that me and some friends of mine do every expansion launch. Before the expansion launch we get everything ready, hundreds of pots, food, flasks, ~500k-1m gold at least and we plan out our leveling routes. We get our preferred rations set up beforehand, (I prefer all natural fruit juice) then 30 minutes before launch we all get on voice chat together. Then we race to max level as fast as possible. Sometimes we're solo, sometimes we group up, depending on what we think will be most efficient. Then at max level we just play the game. Blow the fuck out of some heroic dungeons and just have a good time.

I know I take it too seriously; I mean I actually go on a diet and start working out more a couple months before launch just so I can push harder. Honestly though that first ~3 days of an expansion where we just go absolutely fucking ham is some of the most fun I've ever had in a game and it's something I really look forward to.

I don't fault people that don't play the game this way. I mean, I usually take an alt back through the questing later once things have died down a bit, just so I can take things slow and read all the quest text.

Deleted
    The wow dream is ded im going to bring it back Make wow great again !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, losing interest to be honest as I didn't expect features I've enjoyed about the game to get reverted or pulled out from under my feet again.

Dungeon changes

PVP looking like a shitfest

Bloods not BoA as they should be

I think I'm better off sticking with FFXIV (with its harder dungeons and can random any raid I want fail or success be damned) with its no restrictions on dungeon/raid content. Friends are trying to get me to play it again but I don't like when a company changes shit that doesn't need changing outside of doing it for a chest thump.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The only thing that could get me hyped right now is legacy servers.

Everything else I just know will be meh. Blizzard is unable to produce quality content anymore. More doesn't always mean better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.