Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Celestial breath is hot garbage, and effuse trait is weaker than LC trait.

That's why you go for revival trait after you get dancing mist.
    Feel the same about Revival trait. Revival is quite bad in 5mans so not gonna get that one so fast, gloryfied mass dispell. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alectra View Post
    But going the path on right would mean that we would only have 1 major trait for a long time if you take Artifact Power cost increases per trait into consideration. Are the big traits that bad? You could have 2 of them before the raid opens, because just skilling into the left side is like 240k artifact power less for getting the second major trait. So in the end it would be 15% Essence Font + the Cocoon thingy vs. Celestial Breath
    So sad atm because i really hoped i could have the breath finally D:
    It's 100% down to hps. Dancing Mist is better to go for after getting +3 seconds on ReM, compared to the Revival trait.

Celestial breath is worse than Revival trait, so it's the last trait we'll be going for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Feel the same about Revival trait. Revival is quite bad in 5mans so not gonna get that one so fast, gloryfied mass dispell. :P
    Both traits are bad in a 5 man. Revival trait is significantly better than celestial breath in a raid setting however.

i was assuming the revival trait is worse O.O
    here is me trying to do math (823 IL stats on beta) please correct me if this is wrong since i am very bad at it xD

Celestial Breath heals 6 allies for 70k over 3 seconds = 420k per Breath
    Revival heals for 160k per person. Trait adds 30% over 6 seconds which is 48k*20 for mythic sized groups = 960k

Breath has 30 seconds while Revival has 3 minutes CD
    so you would get 6 Breaths in 1 revival which means: Breath 420k*6 = 2520k vs 960k Revival

And that would basically mean even if half of the healing was lost (hits not enough people/overheals) it still would be better hps wise than the revival trait.
    That difference would be even bigger if you only get to do 1 revival in a fight but the fight lasts longer than 3 minutes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alectra View Post
    i was assuming the revival trait is worse O.O
    here is me trying to do math (823 IL stats on beta) please correct me if this is wrong since i am very bad at it xD

Celestial Breath heals 6 allies for 70k over 3 seconds = 420k per Breath
    Revival heals for 160k per person. Trait adds 30% over 6 seconds which is 48k*20 for mythic sized groups = 960k

And that would basically mean even if half of the healing was lost (hits not enough people/overheals) it still would be better hps wise than the revival trait.
    That difference would be even bigger if you only get to do 1 revival in a fight but the fight lasts longer than 3 minutes
    Breath has 30 seconds while Revival has 3 minutes CD
    so you would get 6 Breaths in 1 revival which means: Breath 420k*6 = 2520k vs 960k Revival
    Revival is (600*20)0.3 = 3600% total spellpower from blessing each 3min.
    Breath is 270*6=1620 per use and we can use it 6 times per revival that leaves it at 9720% total spellpower of a 3min period.

Revival will probly not be cast on cooldown while Tea is more likely to be always be cast on cooldown.

The talent that puts Renewing Mist and Enveloping Mist on Life Cocoon has been really, really good for me so far. Since I'm going that way anyway, Might as well get the Revival buff in the Golden Dragon, also.

Also, for what it's worth, Revival is starting to feel not completely horrible as my gear is getting better, but it's still not great.

Breath is 270*6=1620 per use and we can use it 6 times per revival that leaves it at 9720% total spellpower of a 3min period.

Revival will probly not be cast on cooldown while Tea is more likely to be always be cast on cooldown.
    Alternately, since Revival is more likely to be used as a scheduled raid cooldown, you're more likely to get the full value out of it (although maybe the hot is too small and slow and will get sniped by other heals). Breath requires you have 6 targets requiring healing within a 12 yard cone of your face, which is somewhat situational, while Revival has no positional requirements. You also probably won't delay TFT to wait for the people around you to need healing, since Breath is a side benefit, not a main component of TFT. The revival trait is more likely to be critical healing while Breath is more incidental healing. For progression I'd rather have the critical healing, and by the time things are on farm we'll probably have access to both.

Anyway, I think the main point is that both of them are pretty lackluster and really don't provide that much healing or change our gameplay, especially compared to Mists of Life and Dancing Mists. With the current way the spec is set up, it would probably make more sense for those to be the golden dragon traits instead.

Deleted
    Does RT make celestial breath any better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitens View Post
    No, rising thunder adds a 30sec cd on celestial breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitens View Post
    Only by the fact that you're more likely to be in melee/near more players.

-

I find it funny that even with massively overpowered ReM we were still *just* competitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post

-

I find it funny that even with massively overpowered ReM we were still *just* competitive.
    Once that rem bug gets fixed, we are gonna need some buffs.

Edit:
    All the golden traits are roughly at 2-3% each of your total healing with the current REM.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-06-21 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

You actually have to hit 6 people for it to be good.

During most testing RT logs, this isn't exactly possible, that's why Revival trait is better.

- - - Updated - - -

-

When they fix the bug, i'm assuming that would only put us behind shamans and holy priests. Honestly both classes do way too much healing atm.

EDIT: from the holy priests I tested with, only shamans are ahead, and shamans are broken xD.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-06-20 at 11:12 PM.

I don't find hpriest to be much of an outlier - shaman is broken and druid is still very strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find hpriest to be much of an outlier - shaman is broken and druid is still very strong.
    Maybe it was just the holy priests I played with. I found it was the opposite, druids sucking and holy priests dominating.

Shaman are another story. I think they're by far the best healer atm. Both utility and hps wise.

Tranq and HTT still doing 50-100% more healing than Dhymn xD

Divine hymn may be weaker (not by the amount you just said unless you're completely terrible) yet holy pretty much smacks all specs hps wise if you have any clue of what you're doing. I'm a good 10-15% ahead of everyone else on my logs, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1842&wipes=1 in case you're curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Divine hymn may be weaker (not by the amount you just said unless you're completely terrible) yet holy pretty much smacks all specs hps wise if you have any clue of what you're doing. I'm a good 10-15% ahead of everyone else on my logs, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1842&wipes=1 in case you're curious.
    yeah I noticed this.

following this thought, good monks will still do competitive hps with RT. However bad monks in logs today were already falling behind everyone hps wise, so i can only imagine how poorly they'll do post-bug fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    1-2 minute pulls where you're spamming PoH doesn't tell us much

Yeah, about that.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...05&end=5124867

Select all of the healers' mana.

It turns out the total healing done on this pull (the last and 6 seconds short of longest pull) is in inverse order of how much mana is left for each healer. Disc had 70% mana, did least healing. Druid and Paladin ended around 37% mana and the Paladin did quite a bit more healing. Then we have the Shaman down around 24% mana, clearly doing the 2nd most healing, and Isheria OOM less than 2 and a half minutes into the fight doing the most healing.

This is a good showcase of why getting balance idea from these types of pulls is horrible. The boss was at 59% health, arguably the only person playing even remotely conservatively enough to last the entire fight was the Disc Priest.

In fact, this log actually suggests that everyone is pretty well balanced if they played out the fight normally instead of spamming their heads off.

So does every other healer in other logs as well because the point is to stay alive long enough to see the fight, i can show you a paladin that spam flash of light for the same amount of duration in another log as well or a druid that spams rejuvenation and wild growth or a shaman that spams chain heal and there will be almost no difference since all of them oom at the 2 min and a half minute mark.

Possibly the wrong place to ask, but here goes. Has anyone made a working macro to combine TFT with Healing spells? The one I've made works fine EXCEPT when attempting to cast EnM and EF on the move; I get "Can't do that while moving".

Here's the macro:

#showtooltip Enveloping Mist
    /cast [modifier:alt] Thunder Focus Tea
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][]Enveloping Mist