Thread: Solo-queuing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really think about it until last night when I was queued with a buddy who's level 124 and one who's level 9 (yes, the levels do make a difference in experience and understanding what an appropriate counter is based on their comp. (Think picking a D.Va over a Winston for attacking the sniper back-line)).

I think part of my issue is that when I play with friends I generally do better because we communicate and pick complimentary heroes, whereas when I solo, it's a group of individuals playing, instead of a team. For example, I'm much less effective while sniping if I don't have someone warning me about that genji who's making his way back towards me. When I solo-queue I suck because it's kinda just me playing (with people who may as well be bots for how much we talk/type).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No they should not. You should adapt to the circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

Never really had a major unpleasant experience per se. Had games I'd rather just forget but it happens.
    i do adapt to the circumstances the problem is he rest of the team doesnt, and thats the problem since this game is heavily team based

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    nice logic

then groups SHOULD only be grouped with other groups once that has been patched "You should adapt to the circumstances."
    Well yeah you should. By adapt I mean try and work with your situation as a solo player. If your team isn't willing to work with you then that is their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    i think solo players should be matched with solo players and people who group up should be matched with people who group up
    No they should not. You should adapt to the circumstances.
    Afaik, they are. Groups are primarily matched against other groups, if it's less than six, other appropriately sized groups or randoms are slotted in to fill the space.

15+ Year Old Account
    If your team isn't willing to work with you then that is their problem.
    It's also your problem if you notch up a loss because you roll a healer (to try and balance the shitty team) and you're paired with two Hanzo's, a Bastion, and two Soldier: 76s who all refuse to counter the enemy setup.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Just another reason why this game is overpriced and not for solo queues it has 0 teamplay if not a full group and 0 fun at that. Not mention the super shitty servers with the same specs that had people in a uproar over battlefield 4 but now that its blizzards game we dont care about that its all good and its no problem that you are getting killed or hooked behind walls and cover.
    Last edited by Unrealsiego; 2016-06-20 at 02:51 PM.

I'm playing solo 95% of the time. My friends play only a little now and then. Sometimes we get steamrolled, sometimes we steamroll over the opposite team, but usually, there are some very even fights, and it's often down to Overtime on both sides for attack points.
    Mother pus bucket!

It's so much more fun to queue with even 1-2 friends, that way you can vent your frustrations about noobs. Which is great, by the way, especially when that noob is myself.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

It's definetly down to luck. I think the matchmaking system might still be trying to cope with all the data they collected and they will be perfecting it for sure. For now it's so much more fun to play with at least one friend. At the very least you can laugh at how bad your team was :P

Things to note when trying to enjoy solo queue;

-Stop worrying about the comp, you won't get some Cloud 9 competitive comp, you're likely going to have to roll with whatever your teammates feel like playing.
    -If you jump to support because no one else did, be kind if your offensive heroes can't kill a damn thing. It's going to happen.
    -Don't feel forced to play a certain role, pick things you have fun playing. This one I learned quickly on. I will play Mercy if I think it will win us the game from time to time, but I won't bust a vein trying to constantly take over the underused roles every single minute of the game. The stress is just not worth it for these non-ranked matches.

Biggest problem I have with solo queue is there's always two idiots who want to be double hanzo, widowmaker, reaper ect and they drag the whole team down because they're a pair of fucking idiots. Just finished a game with no tank and two reapers, I could of switched if I wasn't playing support...People's stupidity is unending.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I'm playing solo 95% of the time. My friends play only a little now and then. Sometimes we get steamrolled, sometimes we steamroll over the opposite team, but usually, there are some very even fights, and it's often down to Overtime on both sides for attack points.
    I have a similar experience so I don't really get these claims that you can't have fun solo.

I mean, if you get super mad every time you have a crappy or trolly game and blow it out of proportion then yeah, solo will suck, because you get those sometimes. But just as often you get good or even games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I have a similar experience so I don't really get these claims that you can't have fun solo.

I mean, if you get super mad every time you have a crappy or trolly game and blow it out of proportion then yeah, solo will suck, because you get those sometimes. But just as often you get good or even games.
    It's because people have this dumb mentality of "no one plays support so i must pick Mercy (by the way, in Russian localisation Mercy is called Angel, nothing important about it, i just like it when localisation team actually does its work instead of simply using transliteration when direct translation doesn't work) while i don't even like her playstyle hurrrr". No, you don't need a "healer" in every game, and you don't need a "tank" in every game, and yes, double Hanzo is viable when enemy is 200 HP hero heavy without Torb and Reinhardt (even he is not a problem on a second point of hollywood, for example, because there are plenty of ways to lob scatter over his shield, and double scatter murrdurrs everything behind him).

Double reaper is great strat for when you have Mercy and enemy team is really tank heavy (read: no sniper, D.Va, Reinhardt/Hog, Lucio for support, which is really common situation for king of the hill map)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-06-21 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Solo queue mostly because the one person I know got it for ps4 instead of pc. :<

Mostly fine with it except the times when I choose to support and people run off to do their own shit instead of the objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's because people have this dumb mentality of "no one plays support so i must pick Mercy (by the way, in Russian localisation Mercy is called Angel, nothing important about it, i just like it when localisation team actually does its work instead of simply using transliteration when direct translation doesn't work) while i don't even like her playstyle hurrrr". No, you don't need a "healer" in every game, and you don't need a "tank" in every game, and yes, double Hanzo is viable when enemy is 200 HP hero heavy without Torb and Reinhardt (even he is not a problem on a second point of hollywood, for example, because there are plenty of ways to lob scatter over his shield, and double scatter murrdurrs everything behind him).

Double reaper is great strat for when you have Mercy and enemy team is really tank heavy (read: no sniper, D.Va, Reinhardt/Hog, Lucio for support, which is really common situation for king of the hill map)
    Honestly if my teammates are good players and aren't afraid to swap heroes to counter the enemy I don't care what comp we wind up with!

P.S. You mean her name is Angel in English or Russian? What's wrong with the Russian equivalent of mercy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if my teammates are good players and aren't afraid to swap heroes to counter the enemy I don't care what comp we wind up with!

P.S. You mean her name is Angel in English or Russian? What's wrong with the Russian equivalent of mercy?
    Perhaps there is no equivalent name, and translating the word would just give you something ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account

Exactly, yesterday we were rekt by a team without *gasp* neither a healer or a tank! Seriously, it was, like, 2 s76, 2 lucio, junkrat and genji. After getting the first point on dorado, they repicked into something more convenient, but anyways, it was like "wtf is happening why everyone is taking so much damage", our Mercy couldn't keep up with damage (and being constantly pushed around by Genji, because, yes, we didn't had the Hog or McCree to stop him, har har silly us).

In English her real name is Angela, and Hero name is Mercy. In Russian Mercy translates as a verb "Милосердие (милость, сострадание, пощада)", which doesn't work really well as a name. In English Mercy is a noun. So they went for her real name (Angela), because it (duh) fits her theme and doesn't create any conflict with translation, and since name Angela (in Russian Анжела, or Ангела, or Анджела) looks (and sounds) like noun Angel ("Ангел"), they made her Hero name "Ангел" and completely scrapped her English "Mercy" Hero name.
    I mean, they could simply do what Russian gamers usually do when play competitive games - use transliteration of a name instead of translating it (e.g. using "Мерси" (Mercy) instead of "Ангел" (Angel)), but they didn't, which is really nice IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had some pretty good games today when I solo queued. But yeah its kinda silly how some games where you either steam roll or be steam rolled.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2016-06-21 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I has some pretty good games today when I solo queued. But yeah its kinda silly how some games where you either steam roll or be steam rolled.
    While I agree that you know when you're being 100% outclassed, I'm finding now that very often it's a matter of momentum. You can simply lose a game before your team has its shit together. This becomes really apparent in the 2 of 3 take and hold maps, where same players, same teams; one can win round one 'too easily' then the other team rolls the next two rounds. Similarly you can be rolled all the way to the last checkpoint on defence, then hold out for 6 minutes+ without it moving any further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Exactly, yesterday we were rekt by a team without *gasp* neither a healer or a tank! Seriously, it was, like, 2 s76, 2 lucio, junkrat and genji. After getting the first point on dorado, they repicked into something more convenient, but anyways, it was like "wtf is happening why everyone is taking so much damage", our Mercy couldn't keep up with damage (and being constantly pushed around by Genji, because, yes, we didn't had the Hog or McCree to stop him, har har silly us).

In English her real name is Angela, and Hero name is Mercy. In Russian Mercy translates as a verb "Милосердие (милость, сострадание, пощада)", which doesn't work really well as a name. In English Mercy is a noun. So they went for her real name (Angela), because it (duh) fits her theme and doesn't create any conflict with translation, and since name Angela (in Russian Анжела, or Ангела, or Анджела) looks (and sounds) like noun Angel ("Ангел"), they made her Hero name "Ангел" and completely scrapped her English "Mercy" Hero name.
    I mean, they could simply do what Russian gamers usually do when play competitive games - use transliteration of a name instead of translating it (e.g. using "Мерси" (Mercy) instead of "Ангел" (Angel)), but they didn't, which is really nice IMO
    Not sure I'd complain about a lack of a healer in a match with two 76s, the heal they drop is pretty strong so as long as you're sticking together and they're using it, you should do alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not sure I'd complain about a lack of a healer in a match with two 76s, the heal they drop is pretty strong so as long as you're sticking together and they're using it, you should do alright.
    Never mind the two Lucio's they're also saying they had...