Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Couple years ago I was annoyed with a prune. But now... I am more annoyed by all those 1-3 minutes cooldowns and often many of them are highly situational and do the same stuff with only slight difference (for example 2 damage reducing abilities for druids, 2 interrupts for DKs). I'd rather have less of those abilities, but have some charges on them.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    No, if you want to play a 5 button character, there is Diablo3 and HotS for you.
    I wish people would stop saying this - it's completely meaningless.

Diablo 3 is a dungeon crawler, while Heroes of the Storm is a MOBA. They're entirely different games when compared to an MMORPG, so suggesting that someone goes to play one of them is wildly beside the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    WoW doesn't have the combat mechanics to make up for the loss of so many abilities. This isn't elder scrolls online where the general mechanics of combat make up for the low number of abilities.

Blizzard needs to reverse a lot of the pruning.

Deleted
    I see where the OP is coming from. Wildstar has raids that are a lot harder than anything WoW has ever done, and the classes are complex enough but they used a LAS system which did work in that favour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    WoW doesn't have the combat mechanics to make up for the loss of so many abilities. This isn't elder scrolls online where the general mechanics of combat make up for the low number of abilities.

Blizzard needs to reverse a lot of the pruning.
    Half a screen of action bars like EQ is the old way. It is a way that is dying. I can see the next expansion getting a combat revamp.

Deleted
    Go play a moba or wildstar if you are overhelmded by more than 4 buttons and leave wow be instead dragging it further down.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I prefered the vanilla to wrath model, where my toon was complex and had loads of skills on the hotbar but the encounters a lot simpler.
    Loads of skills on the hotbar that went unsused a lot of the time. Those 2 button rotations, so much depth yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    I see where the OP is coming from. Wildstar has raids that are a lot harder than anything WoW has ever done, and the classes are complex enough but they used a LAS system which did work in that favour.

- - - Updated - - -

Half a screen of action bars like EQ is the old way. It is a way that is dying. I can see the next expansion getting a combat revamp.
    WoW is an old game running on an old engine. A complete combat revamp in such a way as to make having 5 buttons fun and enjoyable is not only risky, it's damn near impossible at this point without doing some form of damage to the rest of the game. A revamp like that is best saved for WoW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I wish people would stop saying this - it's completely meaningless.

Diablo 3 is a dungeon crawler, while Heroes of the Storm is a MOBA. They're entirely different games when compared to an MMORPG, so suggesting that someone goes to play one of them is wildly beside the point.
    Okay, go play Guild Wars 2 then.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Why have different buttons and passives when you also could have right click only ?

Deleted
    Some people just want to watch the World (of Warcraft) burn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Why have different buttons and passives when you also could have right click only ?
    Still to much. I suggest we go back to a movie with no buttons! Warcraft movie is the official new wow mmorpg with improved pruning!

I think we should reduce it to 3 abilities for every class. One mobility, one defensive, one big offensive cooldown. Rest of the time should be spend auto-attacking. That way afk-gaming will get way easier and I can masturbate during raids more than before.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Still to much. I suggest we go back to a movie with no buttons! Warcraft movie is the official new wow mmorpg with improved pruning!
    But I still need to press play. The movie needs to come with a butler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    But I still need to press play. The movie needs to come with a butler.
    Well, the gold farmers will need a new job anyway...

It is kind of sad that blizzard cuts useful abilities from classes which worked fine in the past. Then again, players could not play every content with their less useful spec.

Complexity is fun. Making choices is fun. Deciding when to properly use abilities past raw basics is fun. Procs, different ranges on attacks, different cooldowns and different strengths is awesome and I seriously think you underestimate the true dullness of what you described.

Legion got it just right, at least in my opinion, to put the game at its most barest minimum while still being fun to play. Any more would have been awful.

If your rotation are 4-5 buttons, why do care what happens to the "this is a dps loss" skill you never use anyway? Nobody doing endgame content is going to let RP get in the way of optimal play.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Naturally, there can still be a ton of complexity and class customization behind the scenes. Skills can be manipulated and altered using glyphs or skill points, and specializations as well as talents can still provide an additional layer of skill customization.
    I have even better idea, lets finally give all classes the dream gameplay everybody always wanted:
    Left mouse click - Deal_damage/Heal/Make_threat;
    Right mouse click - defability -30% received damage.

All hail the Less is more absurd philosophy.

You know Mojo, I love some of your propositions, like your mount remake, for example, but this is just idiotic. If only, we need MORE abilities now to compensate for the castration developers did to all specs, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Lol, and where is your Wildstar? Struggling to survive? What an awesome example you just made. Totally the iconic game to use its features.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-06-21 at 10:49 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post

And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with an action-adventure style MMO with very little keybinds and abilities. It's just not what I and many others "signed up for", and even though I will likely still enjoy the game and play at least to check new content, it sucks to see Blizzard "turn their backs" on the fans that helped WoW become one of the most successful and well-known games of all time.
    But then again, it's also incredible how much fuss people can make about a few buttons more or less. Because that's what it really is. You act as if this was a completely new game that plays radically different. You act as if there used to be this immense toolkit that enabled you to do goodness knows what and now all of a sudden it's all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Okay, go play Guild Wars 2 then.
    GW2 has 10 active abilities before class F1 abilities, which usually add 1-5 more buttons, plus potentially a weapon swap.
    Then it has 3 trees of passives that you choose, so 9 chosen passive rows and 12 passives you get for choosing those 3 rows.

It has more buttons than pretty much any legion class has. Kinda sad to see WoW fall so hard when it comes to classes nowadays.