Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Nah, Sindragosa!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    That's where the practice of "make everyone from the older generation tall, the younger generation short" causes problems. The actor who plays Jon is 5'8". The size of actors who play other relevant characters:

The Hound: 6'6"
    Jaime: 6'2"
    Sean Bean: 5'11"

It's hard to believe that Jon can compete, he's a relative midget. Even Loras Tyrell is 4 inches taller than Jon.

Why are you guys saying that jon is the best swordfighter in the show atm? He obviously isnt. Ramsay was mocking him, referencing peasent tales and rumors.. both the hound and Bronn would wipe the floor with jon. As would a bunch of the other less pleasant people in the show.

The real question is, who would win in a fight;

Jon or Arya?
    I've no idea what to write here.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The hound has strength, sure. But from what I've gathered Jon is supposed to be a damn good swordsman and he's dealt with some real shit in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Jon by default is the best swordsman in Westeros now. All the others are dead or cripple. And Loras is out of commission. (though Loras is mostly famed for jousting, but he is also supposedly a renowned swordsman).
    Who needs to be good at a sword when the Mountain can just rip his head off.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I thought this was a particularly funny takedown of E9:

The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    If she goes straight to Winterfell, it will feel really bad for her character development and arc. I mean for what has she been training these past 2 seasons? To go back and reunite with sweet sister Sansa and KOTN Jon? She must at least kill some people before she goes home again. Plus, I'd prefer a Hound+Arya reunion over Jon/Sansa+Arya.
    So her family has not had any bearing during got seasons lol, she'd rather play a ninja than meet her brothers n sister? At least with them she could hear who are their immediate threats.
    Btw she has killed 2 people, "too old" n the waif.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    For the Freys, I would see something like that :

The Great Hall of Riverrun. Walder Frey and the bunch of degenerates that he spawned are feasting to their victory against the last Tullys. The Late Walder Frey toasts to the Lannister-Frey alliance. Jaime Lannister rises his glass and says, as "The Rains of Castamere" starts to play: "You know Lord Walder, my father gave you the Riverlands and you were not even able to pacify it. You even lost Riverrun and you would still be ineptly besieging it if I did not come here to do your job. Lord Edmure Tully did more, albeit against his wishes, to give us this keep. You didn't win Riverrun. I did. A Lannister always pays his debts. It's time to pay yours."

Lannister soldiers then proceed to slaughter every Frey. Afterwards, Jaime goes to Edmure and says "My father said 'When your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel and fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Elsewise no man will ever bend the knee to you.' If you swear loyalty to the crown, you will be Lord of Riverrun once again."

Not great, but certainly more likely than Arya suddenly showing. I mean, she would need more than a jetpack. She would need a hyperdrive to travel from Braavos to Riverrun or the Twins... As for LSH, her appearance at this point would be a Deus Ex Machina that wouldn't make much sense to the viewers.
    LOL no...Jamie killing all Freys cuz they suck at sieges sounds like mad king..he just wants to get home to Cersie's pussy.

So much discussing about sword fights, but nobody mentions that Davos is very likely going to kill Melisandre in the finale, which would make the season going almost full circle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    we know why, they were created to do that by the children of the forest...ok we have to speculate why the children dont control them, but its pretty clear that they are standard cliched weapon gone rogue thingy.
    Cotf dagger was probably opening a gateway to the dark God "that must not be named", something they would never do normally. Fire severs the link n great magic like 3eR cave or the Wall (Benjen can't get through or now he can due to Brann being marked by Night King).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    So much discussing about sword fights, but nobody mentions that Davos is very likely going to kill Melisandre in the finale, which would make the season going almost full circle.
    That would be wrong, Melisandre did what Stannis approved, Davos stuck around long time n even made excuses for Renly's death to Brienne. He's a bit hypocritical...
    Oh n Jon owes his life to Melisandre n show owes us some Mel booty to make up for granny Mel.
    I'm thinking Davos has been around too much n will die, I like him but he's now pointless...

Deleted
    WoW, didn't think it was possible, but Game of Thrones sure did started to suck badly in season 6. Jon doesn't die, Arya doesn't die, Daenerys becomes more OP than Superman, Allah, Moses and all the Norse gods put together ... again, The Hound doesn't die, ... I'm just waiting to see sparkly unicorns and pixies fight the White Walkers and be done with it, it seems like everyone just became super saiyan.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

No King rules forever ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Bronn, Daario and the hound would all shit on Jon in a 1v1 fight.

He might be the best technical swordsman, but they're all years ahead of him in strength, endurance and experience.

Also: HOLY FUCKING SHIT what an episode. Straight up savagery, loved it.

It was a little predictable at points, but man, Ramsey was on TOP form and the battle was brilliantly shot.

The death though... Was totally unnecessary and uncalled for, what with Wun Wun ever do to deserve that!
    Jon is naive and like Ned, honourable, which is why Ramsay easily provoked him and why he would probably lose from either Bronn or Daario.

When or if, Jon loses his diapers, he would match Jaimie in skill. Maybe even surpass him. My opinion, anyway.

Deleted
    It's just ur opinions n stuff, what is a fact is Jon got Valyrian steel.
    Brienne was able to cut other blades in two with hers.

Some of you guys are unfuckingbelievable. Literally one month ago you had waterfalls in your pants over flaming chicks, flashbacks, Hodor, and Jon coming back. One month. People watch four set up episodes and are all "OMG like, GoT is dead."

Not every single episode can be the Red Wedding, Hardhome, or BotB. Not only that, but if D&D were as good at writing as GRRM, then they'd both have fucking NYT bestsellers themgodsdamnedselves.

Ok /rant complete

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Some of you guys are unfuckingbelievable. Literally one month ago you had waterfalls in your pants over flaming chicks, flashbacks, Hodor, and Jon coming back. One month. People watch four set up episodes and are all "OMG like, GoT is dead."

Not every single episode can be the Red Wedding, Hardhome, or BotB. Not only that, but if D&D were as good at writing as GRRM, then they'd both have fucking NYT bestsellers themgodsdamnedselves.

Ok /rant complete
    Why worry about what anyone thinks?

We all knew Jon would come back, we all knew he would win the battle of bastards, we all knew Arya would survive, we all knew Daenerys would succeed, etc.

ASOIAF is a great story, but it's hardly rocket science; you needn't be a genius to successfully predict where the story's headed. Heck, Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring suggest plenty and these are merely titles.

Deleted
    Good episode, awesome battle scene and Ramsay's death was too kind for the bastard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Good episode, awesome battle scene and Ramsay's death was too kind for the bastard.
    Except that everything about the battle was stupid, made no sense and me mad. You'd think with Winterfell being a fortress thousands of years old it'd have better defenses than a sheet of plywood to keep out intruders. Why the fuck didn't the giant use any weaponry? Anything, even a tree trunk would've been better than weakly slapping at people with his bare hands.

The only one who showed any modicum of common sense was Ramsey Bolton when he refused the duel.
    But he ruined it all by meeting his outnumbered opponent on an open field instead of just staying in Winterfell and laughing at them, then throwing Rickon off the wall. Suddenly he has to be all flashy instead of showing some more common sense. So much out-of-character bullshit. He's a cruel and inhuman bastard, not a fucking retard.

Jon mindlessly rides ahead of his army without issuing any orders, so they just stand around stupidly. Who made him commander again?

This season, absolutely everyone has been a complete idiot in everything they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Except that everything about the battle was stupid, made no sense and me mad. You'd think with Winterfell being a fortress thousands of years old it'd have better defenses than a sheet of plywood to keep out intruders. Why the fuck didn't the giant use any weaponry? Anything, even a tree trunk would've been better than weakly slapping at people with his bare hands.

The only one who showed any modicum of common sense was Ramsey Bolton when he refused the duel.
    But he ruined it all by meeting his outnumbered opponent on an open field instead of just staying in Winterfell and laughing at them, then throwing Rickon off the wall. Suddenly he has to be all flashy instead of showing some more common sense. So much out-of-character bullshit. He's a cruel and inhuman bastard, not a fucking retard.

Jon mindlessly rides ahead of his army without issuing any orders, so they just stand around stupidly. Who made him commander again?

This season, absolutely everyone has been a complete idiot in everything they do.
    Which is why you have to look past the show's aweful writing and focus on the message. I'm sure Martin will do better in the book.

That said, there's a perfectly good explanation for Ramsay's and Jon's behaviour: Ramsay was confident he would annihilate Jon's army and he would've, hadn't the knights of the Vale shown up. Also note that Ramsay's never had a keen strategic military mind. He's smart, shrewd and absolutely vicious, but not as patient and cunning as his father. Furthermore, he's insecure about his position, claim and feels he has to prove to the North, he's the undisputed ruler. Publicly murdering the only person with a real claim, while provoking the not-all-to-bright Jon into a mindless charge, was like swatting two flies with one stroke. Or would've been.

Jon might be an excellent fighter, but he's still wet behind the ears; he's emotional and impulsive. His reaction to Rickon's predicament wasn't surprising; it was exactly what Ramsay wanted.

The giant was wasted indeed and quite frankly, you'd think Ramsay would put up more of a fight when being attacked. The supposed-to-be scene of brutal beating was kinda ridiculous too; direct hits in the face while being mounted result in nigh instant loss of conciousness.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-06-21 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    I wish wun wun had lived, forged him proper armor, smelted jon's, Brienne's and Sam's swords into a huge weapon for the Wunster n set him loose on the white walkers!

Armor makes huge difference, compare troll in Lotr Moira to Return of the king armored troll that fought Aragorn.
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2016-06-21 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Which is why you have to look past the show's aweful writing and focus on the message. I'm sure Martin will do better in the book.

That said, there's a perfectly good explanation for Ramsay's and Jon's behaviour: Ramsay was confident he would annihilate Jon's army and he would've, hadn't the knights of the Vale shown up. Also note that Ramsay's never had a keen strategic military mind. He's smart, shrewd and absolutely vicious, but not as patient and cunning as his father. Furthermore, he's insecure about his position, claim and feels he has to prove to the North, he's the undisputed ruler. Publicly murdering the only person with a real claim, while provoking the not-all-to-bright Jon into a mindless charge, was like swatting two flies with one stroke. Or would've been.

Jon might be an excellent fighter, but he's still wet behind the ears; he's emotional and impulsive. His reaction to Rickon's predicament wasn't surprising; it was exactly what Ramsay wanted.

The giant was wasted indeed and quite frankly, you'd think Ramsay would put up more of a fight when being attacked. The supposed-to-be scene of brutal beating was kinda ridiculous too; direct hits in the face while being mounted result in nigh instant loss of conciousness.
    Could be, but I think it highly doubtful the books will play out the way the show does - there's just way too many inconsistencies between the two at this point.

The Knights of the Vale showing up was still completely stupid for two reasons. First, it doesn't really seem that very much time has passed since Sansa wrote to ask Littlefinger for help. Mobilizing such a large force as they were made out to be and moving them from the Vale to Winterfell takes quite a bit of time. Checking the interactive map shows that it's almost 1500 miles from the Eyrie to Winterfell by land.
    Your average medieval army could move something between 5-10 miles per day. Assuming that this was a fully mounted army on a death march that still somehow managed to keep itself well supplied means that if they were 100% ready to go when they got the call for help, they'd still have to do 2 months of uninterrupted marching.

Second, the first book states how easily you can oversee the surrounding landscape from the towers of Winterfell when they see Robert and his entourage coming. They should have seen the oncoming army of mounted knights at full marching speed hours before they got there. Even assuming that Ramsey was super rash and just feels that he MUST face his enemy in the field while having no battle experience, he still would've had generals and officers who'd post sentries and send out scouts to make sure they'd not be flanked and to survey the battlefield. The knights of the Vale couldn't possibly have surprised him.

And Jon has been the commander at castle black and has seen battle before. He knows he's responsible for his army. While it wouldn't have looked so heroic on TV, the smart thing to do if he HAD to try and save his dumb brother would be to send a squad of less important people to ride ahead and get him. Just say "You three, go get him now!"
    As the commander, he is literally the most important person in that army. He should've known that Ramsey would probably try and do some shit to Rickon to provoke him into an illogical response.

And the night before the battle?

Sansa: "You don't have the numbers, you really can't win this battle."
    Jon: "I don't care about that, this show now operates on anime logic and shit will work out fine because I'm the good guy and I'm really determined!"
    Sansa: "Dude, you're not making sense. He has superior numbers and a castle!"
    Jon: "But that's MY castle and I believe in the heart of the cards!!!11111"

I know I'm way overthinking some of these things, but if the showrunners won't, who else will?