Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Hiding Cloak+Helm

My concern is I dont see the point in making cloak and helm transmog only and not part of the game settings... So when questing if I get an upgrade I have to deal with watching an annoying cloak flap behind me because of such a small change?

At least my hopes for legion are obviously high if this is one of my only concerns.

I really don't follow ... You want to be able to Transmog whenever you want? Why not just wait to go back to a city? I mean yeah, it does suck having something ruin your set up, but it's really not worth them rebuilding the Transmog system to be useable on the fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I really don't follow ... You want to be able to Transmog whenever you want? Why not just wait to go back to a city? I mean yeah, it does suck having something ruin your set up, but it's really not worth them rebuilding the Transmog system to be useable on the fly.
    Its something that you can do on live just now though, so why take that away? That's what I dont understand.
    So instead of playing with a hidden helm and cloak you're forced to have them until you stop your questing and return to dalaran.. just a bit of a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he wants the hide cloak and helm options to be back in the interface menu. You know, like it has been since PreBC.

Wait, you can't hide cloak and helm in options anymore?

Hiding Helm/Shoulder/Cloak isn't really related to transmog though. You're not changing the item. Just hiding it.

Removing it from the Interface options is a bit silly, when there wasn't a reason to in the first place.

The nice thing about it is if you hide those item slots, they stay hidden until you want to transmog those pieces.

Transmogging is getting insanely expensive in Legion, since the cost is based on item level... Changing Boots, Pants, Waist, Gloves, Chest, Shoulders, and Helm is costing me some 500gold, and 300Gold for the Artifact weapon.

Live characters, I'm hovering around 150K gold without much effort, but charging gold based on the gear item level + Rarity, is some what dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Wait, you can't hide cloak and helm in options anymore?
    Correct. It was removed from the Interfaces menu, and thrown in to the Transmog Window; Forcing players to go the the Transmog NPC's in order to hide those slots from now on.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Well it can be a little nuisance when you get a new item, but I'd argue that it is a minor downside to having an upgrade.

And it allows to display some cloaks / helms / shoulders that I like and not displaying cloaks / helms / shouldes I dislike.

I'd rather have it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Well it can be a little nuisance when you get a new item, but I'd argue that it is a minor downside to having an upgrade.

And it allows to display some cloaks / helms / shoulders that I like and not displaying cloaks / helms / shouldes I dislike.

I agree, it is a minor issue indeed, it makes sense too.

Transmit doesn't change when you change gear... If your helm is hidden and you get a new helm it stays hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post

I agree, I think the change is OK.

If it's that much of a problem, save your pennies up and buy the Grand Expedition Yak.
    You have Transmog on the go then.

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    Transmit doesn't change when you change gear... If your helm is hidden and you get a new helm it stays hidden.
    This is a lie, don't listen to this person.
    You gear looks/transmog does change if you switch gear, including the hidden helmet. I tested it by hiding my helmet via transmog then equipping a new helmet, it shows the new helmet, but it's invisible again once I switch back to the one with the transmog on it.
    Last edited by Zakaryy; 2016-06-21 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    If it's that much of a problem, save your pennies up and buy the Grand Expedition Yak.
    You have Transmog on the go then.
    IMO, that mount wasn't worth 60K Gold when it was on the Mists Beta... When the price got doubled to 120K, that was just batshit absurd.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So glad I got that yak. But yes, it's really frigging irritating not being able to hide helmet/cloak/shoulders via the display menu.

Especially since it now costs gold to re-show your helmet.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-06-21 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    they told that all these options are still there and can be toggled with console commands.

don't know if these commands still work:
    /run ShowHelm(not ShowingHelm())
    /run ShowCloak(not ShowingCloak())

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    they told that all these options are still there and can be toggled with console commands.

don't know if these commands still work:
    /run ShowHelm(not ShowingHelm())
    /run ShowCloak(not ShowingCloak())
    All I got when I tried these commands on the PTR is an error message.

Since the option has been rolled into the transmog system, I'd expect the slash commands to be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    No, he wants the hide cloak and helm options to be back in the interface menu. You know, like it has been since PreBC.
    They've been removed? I wasn't aware of this. If that is the case, I agree, return them or else! Cloaks are stupid, Helmets are ugly.

It may be because they want to make things more "uniform"? All appearance options within the transmog system instead of having a few flapping around in the game settings
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just get the Transmogg Yak?

The only thing that actually is a problem with that system is that you can't hide helms/cloaks on low level chars 'till lvl 20 or 'till you visit stormwind/og/etc

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Your solution is very simple and it's called Grand Expedition Yak. Thank me later.