Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dalaran Relocation, Movie Update, Tweets, Twitch Faction Badges, Outlaw Rogue Preview

Diablo PTR patch - June 20th: 37893

Join the HearthPwn Community on Curse, The Taste of Victory - Flavor Text Competition Voting

Upcoming Balance Patch - June 22nd, Tracer Bug & Fix, Weekly Rotation & Sales for June 21

Potential Overwatch PTR Patch Incoming - Competitive Mode

Legion - Dalaran Relocation
    Khadgar and others relocate Dalaran in Legion and there is a short cutscene to go with it.

Warcraft Movie - Box Office Update
    The Warcraft Movie has done fairly well internationally, with some claiming it has done too well in China:

• China is now up to $205M.
    • The international total is $340M and worldwide total is $378.9M.
    • The movie was #1 in China for 12 days
    • There were claims of fraud on Chinese social media:
      • 82 of the top 100 grossing cinemas on Saturday belong to Wanda, far above the usual 40 that usually are on the list.
      • One Chinese theater saw ticket sales increase 406% from Friday.
      • Another Chinese theater had a very high number of average moviegoers per screen for being in a city that is flooded.
      • Dalian Wanda claims that numbers were high due to the promotion that brought more people to the malls and the numbers are correct.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvE
    So just to make sure I'm reading this correctly - Arcway and Court of Stars are going to be Mythic-only from launch?
    Yep. (WatcherDev)

Some players don't have the skills for Mythic dungeons.
    Honestly if you have the skills for Heroic and 4 people to join you, Mythic is also for you. (WatcherDev)
    Adding multiple levels of Mythic, only to make the first a brick wall, would defeat the purpose. (WatcherDev)

I mean WOD Mythic pre-mades gives me a bad taste for this.
    Understandable - efficiency-minded folks running familiar content for a completion reward can make for an unfriendly crowd. (WatcherDev)

PvP
    with conquest being removed as a currency will players still receive the Conquest to Gold conversion at the end of this season
    Yes, you will still receive gold for conquest and honor at the end of this season. (WarcraftDevs)

Professions
    you heavily suggested to players how they should have their professions set up. I agree, for mains. For alts, it's not so simple
    Sorry it came across that way. Double-crafting is absolutely a viable path that offers some advantages. (WatcherDev)
    Again, not to be rude, but just wanted to point out this is one of the many varied ways players choose to play. If you really
    But even if 2x-crafting has advantages, you should still have a bit of gatherer-envy; if not, gathering is probably undervalued. (WatcherDev)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Do you think storyline conclusions should be raid-exclusive in a situation where raiding is hard?
    It never bothered me. Maybe the compromise should be some stories but not every story? (OccupyGStreet)
    The conclusion to the Arthas story e.g. is a big deal, years in the making, so should be for all? (OccupyGStreet)
    But also weird when an epic boss in a quest or dungeon feels weaker than a less well known raid boss. (OccupyGStreet)

Legion Collector's Edition Box Art
    Two different versions of box art for the Collector's edition have shown up recently. The one on the left shows up on Best Buy and some Amazon regions while the version on the right shows up on some EU retailer sites.

The Collector's edition has been available for pre-order on Amazon for a while now, with a 20% discount for Prime members.

Warcraft Twitch Badges
    Twitch had an event that allowed you to show an Alliance or Horde badge in chat around the time of the Warcraft movie release. We looked at the faction balance of these badges in chat on the Warcraft channel during the movie premiere and other top streamers during the week.

Most chats had around 30-50% of people that talked with no badge and they were excluded from these results.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Final Boss - Outlaw Rogue Spec Preview
    Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

Last edited by Tziva; 2016-06-21 at 06:43 PM.

Im glad the movie is doing well. I personally loved it and thought it did a good job. Hopefully the international success will bolster a sequel :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Odd to see the alliance chat badges dominating, on forsen's stream it was mostly horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Odd to see the alliance chat badges dominating, on forsen's stream it was mostly horde.
    Apparently whoever made the graph can't math either since those percents are all over 100. 112% of users had badges apparently

I'm constantly on twitch and never heard of the badges before.

While I have not actually seen the parses of Outlaw vs other classes/specs, from a play standpoint I like where outlaw is atm. Not that it actually means anything, but I have mained my rogue, majority as combat as allowed, since January 2005. I hope that SnD is just as viable as the other talents in that tier because I am not a fan of the RNG of roll the bones, but it is something I can easily deal with. Main thing I didn't like it is I didn't have wear auras on PTR while testing to keep better track.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Yeah, graph was posted with different data, this has been corrected.

I don't understand the graphs, some add up to more than 100% and some less. It says that users without a badge were excluded, so how?

NVM seems to be fixed

What are these legion spaceships? (not followed much of Legion yet)

same old ce every time —_—

I don't see the point of the scene showing dalaran moving...it will still be in northrend. Only way it could make sense would be if we all had ot level though that content again and hell even then, there is no cohesive story between all the different expansions

10+ Year Old Account
    very interesting about the movie's stats being inflated in China. I wonder how accurate those claims are and whether they can be substantiated...

well right now Warcraft movie is the bigest Video game movie ever. =D glad that mean we going to get a sequel for sure.

To bad we need to depend on China

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    I don't see the point of the scene showing dalaran moving...it will still be in northrend. Only way it could make sense would be if we all had ot level though that content again and hell even then, there is no cohesive story between all the different expansions
    WTF you mean??? ofcurse it make sense there is a whole pre expation event when the legion invade Azeroth, so probabbly that scene was just a quest explaing why they move Dalaran, bc it was been attack by Legion forces.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh. I see Blizzard didn't really update the Collectors Edition box art since Warlords of Draenor, if the one on the right is the one being used. I still see the good 'ole Iron Horde insignia on the very top!

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    Yeah, been a case since 2004. By that logic, every cutscene in the game is irrelevant since you can do it again infinite times.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Ooh. I see Blizzard didn't really update the Collectors Edition box art since Warlords of Draenor, if the one on the right is the one being used. I still see the good 'ole Iron Horde insignia on the very top!
    Maybe, cuz it's fake? Shops made a poorly photoshopped image of CE to have something as placeholder till the official comes.
    Last edited by Sentynel; 2016-06-21 at 03:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I try to watch Final Boss videos but the endless rambling hits me like a big wall of text. It's very daunting to see that I'd have to pay attention to over an hour of him excessively rambling on end as well. I've only been able to make it through MAYBE 15 minutes before I start tuning him out and by that point I just turn it off.

CE looking as crappy as usual I see.

Just out of interest, Was that dalarn being under attack in Northrend? I wasn't away anything legion related was happening there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Someone at Wanda fucked up with the flooded city. Made shit very obvious.
    The chiense are already selling the codes for the game. I guess they bought the tickets for the game not for the movie itself.

The transitions in the video are a bit jarring. Attack! Vignette in Dalaran! Aaaaand, that's it.