Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    when Mei goes into a frost block, count to 4 then throw a tracer mine on it, the iceblock will break and kill mei. takes a bit of practice to get timing right.
    Tracer can blink onto the roofs just before Dorado, great place to hide for a couple of moments in order to get behind their lines without being seen, or just to cause general havoc if the team does not spot you taking a few shots at them.
    fill your bomb charge up fast with tracer by attacking a tank which is being healed.

Most important one : Don't wait to use your bomb, the recharge rate is one of, if not the fastest in game, use it, charge another

Symmetra turrets can be hidden in foliage to make them hard /impossible to spot.
    Torb turrets can be placed on moving platforms on Volskaya, this means you can't fix them easily, but it has the advantage of the enemy not initially knowing where the turret is until it is ripping into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady84 View Post
    The LMB cannot be deflected by Genji(Reins shield does block it although you can run through it), and in a 1v1 Against Winston your LMB will kill him before his gun kills you just run inside his barrier with him and it doesnt block any damage so defend your point once he destroys your turrets

Symmetra can also solo pretty much anyone 1v1 with LMB if you can get within range or flank (Mei,McCree,Reaper will cause some issues) but most others including tanks like D-va/Winston will die before they take you under 50% health
    Symmetra is surprisingly a hard hero to kill and a dangerous one, which is hilarious because I can't play her worth shit.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Hero switching is actually possible. Stop being worried about playing your "main" or racking up "stats". Switch, adapt, and help your team win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Hero switching is actually possible. Stop being worried about playing your "main" or racking up "stats". Switch, adapt, and help your team win.
    Yeah.

Pick Tracer.

Come out and see enemy team has Junkrat, Roadhog, Torbjorn and McCree.

Going back inside and picking Pharah lol. Pharah can handle all, with a little trouble from Torbjorn (Turret is still a danger, especially Molten Core, which I won't fuck with.) But Tracer's just asking to get murdered with an enemy team like that.

The only downside to switching is losing your ult charge.
    Putin khuliyo

One I was keeping to myself until people started figuring it out themselves, on Dorado attack get the truck past the initial area then run from spawn room directly behind the building to the stairs, climb the stairs where there is a small health pack, there is a short wall here. Use characters like junkrat, genji, Hanzo, d.va, pharah, widow maker to go over the wall directly to control point 2 and devistate the defending enemy from behind. Pharah and Genji can wreck widows sniping from on top of the wall over the control point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Symmetra is surprisingly a hard hero to kill and a dangerous one, which is hilarious because I can't play her worth shit.
    The only character I can't short beam to death is Rhardt, when he starts flinging that hammer I die quick. When playing sym and you see a Rhardt switch to left click charge up unless he is taking so much damage that he can't afford to put his shield down.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    People always underestimate her, she needs to make a lot of use of cover since she's vulnerable but that beam's ramping damage is extremely powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    People always underestimate her, she needs to make a lot of use of cover since she's vulnerable but that beam's ramping damage is extremely powerful.
    I think that's the major thing honestly, people don't realize it ramps up, since she's not even played that often (in my experience)

The funny thing is getting hooked by Rhog and Rhog being surprised that he didn't one shot you with shotgun as you bounce around him sucking his life out. Shield FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think that's the major thing honestly, people don't realize it ramps up, since she's not even played that often (in my experience)
    "Eh I'm fine, I'll just keep meleeing he... HOLY SHITFUCK WHAT HAPPENED!?"

"Eh I'm fine, I'll just keep meleeing he... HOLY SHITFUCK WHAT HAPPENED!?"
    And then you continue down the line of enemies with your ramped up beam melting all the faces. I've several play of the games where it shows me gleefully diving into a enemy team, jump around like a loon and then all of a sudden I'm alone while Symmetra-ing. Even Reinhardt isn't an insurmountable issue as if you manage to get behind him before he realises he needs to be swinging, you end up in a situation rather like a dog chasing its tail. ^^

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that beam gets nasty very quickly. I don't seem to have that luck while playing her and have to sit back being a buff bot and portal guardian, but on some maps that's more important than damage anyways.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, the beam damage ramps up?... Huh.
    Interesting. I never knew that and I've played her for a couple hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    when Mei goes into a frost block, count to 4 then throw a tracer mine on it, the iceblock will break and kill mei. takes a bit of practice to get timing right.
    You can do the same with reindhart, I did it twice in one game but was a little bit too early with my 3rd attempt, bet the guy was furious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably common knowledge but McCrees (RIP) flashbang can clear symmetra turrets easily if you throw it through the door and into the room they're set up in.

My favorite so far,

Temple of Anubis defense, pay load section.

Play Torb, and get your mate on Mei.

You run under the bridge and take a left turn up one flight of stairs. You then see a ledge on a building which WM, Pharah etc can get up, but its completely useless.

However, stand in front of that and get mei to icewall lifting torb and herself on to it. After this, to your right is another ledge slighty higher, do a icewall again and you can run across it and jump up.

Once you there, place your turret because if you fuck up the next bit, theres no time to get back up

go right to the corner / edge and you can see one more ledge (This will now be directly oppsite the bridge and roughly above the archway into a building, You go to the edge of the ledge your on, then take a leap of faith trying to reach the next ledge (You can't icewall this one).

Once here, you have a massive height advantage and its in LoS of anything advancing from their start area but once they get inline with the bridge or come through the arch, the turret sees them. Time it right with the rest of your team and you now have fire from both back and front (The turrets not easy to hit even for a pharah) and can bottle neck people nicely

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Zara? yea its fucking intense damage. Quite often I see her run a door way, pop her shield and soak everything up and walk away with a quadra or penta especially if the ult is up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Zara? yea its fucking intense damage. Quite often I see her run a door way, pop her shield and soak everything up and walk away with a quadra or penta especially if the ult is up
    Nah, Symmetra, got an 18 kill streak on Hanamura (and 15kills with LMB) lol, but quite regularly get POTG running around melting people (Not got above a 3 multi-kill yet though)
    https://gyazo.com/bce5561fcd47e2a7e2385a7bbd5c31d3

Another not so much a tip, is to the turn the graphics options down I used to play on Epic 4k, but theres so much shit/foliage/bushes etc that block your view I actually play on Low and most of it doesnt even load

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    My favorite so far,

Temple of Anubis defense, pay load section.

Play Torb, and get your mate on Mei.

You run under the bridge and take a left turn up one flight of stairs. You then see a ledge on a building which WM, Pharah etc can get up, but its completely useless.

However, stand in front of that and get mei to icewall lifting torb and herself on to it. After this, to your right is another ledge slighty higher, do a icewall again and you can run across it and jump up.

Once you there, place your turret because if you fuck up the next bit, theres no time to get back up

go right to the corner / edge and you can see one more ledge (This will now be directly oppsite the bridge and roughly above the archway into a building, You go to the edge of the ledge your on, then take a leap of faith trying to reach the next ledge (You can't icewall this one).

Once here, you have a massive height advantage and its in LoS of anything advancing from their start area but once they get inline with the bridge or come through the arch, the turret sees them. Time it right with the rest of your team and you now have fire from both back and front (The turrets not easy to hit even for a pharah) and can bottle neck people nicely

- - - Updated - - -
    Sorry for being a moron but me and the Mrs spent about two hours tonight running in circles looking for this in a custom game haha. Would you mind elaborating slightly? (I know you did a good job originally but it seems I'm just an idiot) or do you have a vid lurking around? Cheers buddy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverietides View Post
    Sorry for being a moron but me and the Mrs spent about two hours tonight running in circles looking for this in a custom game haha. Would you mind elaborating slightly? (I know you did a good job originally but it seems I'm just an idiot) or do you have a vid lurking around? Cheers buddy
    The only spot that makes sense based on his directions to me is:

http://i.imgur.com/wJ8oicE.jpg

Which just takes two ice walls to get to and no risky jump.

I'm assuming he mean to say " its not in LoS of anything advancing from their start area "

Or maybe his description just makes no sense to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I think it says in the tooltip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    The only spot that makes sense based on his directions to me is:

Which just takes two ice walls to get to and no risky jump.

I'm assuming he mean to say " its not in LoS of anything advancing from their start area "

Or maybe his description just makes no sense to me either.
    yeah that's where I got too! then the rest of the instructions threw me off! Unless it's all an epic troll to send us running around like headless chickens haha