Thread: Legion AotC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion AotC

Has Blizzard stated anywhere why they nerfed AotC into a useless temporary speed boost? I've been playing a hunter since vanilla and one of the reasons is the perma-speed boost just running around, questing, etc by using AotC. It totally sucks on Beta now. It's like slo-mo compared to Live and makes me want to not even play my hunter now.

They nerfed hunters mobility as a whole. At least MM, something to do with class fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chixien View Post
    They nerfed hunters mobility as a whole. At least MM, something to do with class fantasy.
    Makes sense. They're living in a fantasy if they think this was a good change

AotC wouldnt be that bad if they made it into something similiar to monks Tigers Lust with the same cd!

As it is now it is kinda worthless with 3 min cd and being slowed stops the effect. I hope they change it to something better soon.

I don't even use it anymore. That's how useful it is to me with a 3 min CD. In 99.99% of situations, there's nothing that AoTC can do for me that disengage + posthaste doesn't do better. Of course, I'm happy to be proven wrong on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chixien View Post
    with marked shot > aimed , sidewinders and LnL proc i don't think our mobility got a huge nerf honestly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arom View Post
    Has Blizzard stated anywhere why they nerfed AotC into a useless temporary speed boost? I've been playing a hunter since vanilla and one of the reasons is the perma-speed boost just running around, questing, etc by using AotC. It totally sucks on Beta now. It's like slo-mo compared to Live and makes me want to not even play my hunter now.
    AotC is now a sprint, the artifact gives a speed boost while out of combat
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    with marked shot > aimed , sidewinders and LnL proc i don't think our mobility got a huge nerf honestly

- - - Updated - - -

It does? To what extent? Does it match the existing AotC speed?

Edit: just checked the artifact calculator and don't see anything that increases out of combat movement speed
    Last edited by Arom; 2016-06-20 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted

Edit: just checked the artifact calculator and don't see anything that increases out of combat movement speed
    A mount. And for indoors, stuff like Posthaste.

All classes got hit with the mobility nerfbat, hunters still have more than most.

Uh, yes that is a huge nerf. Beforehand you can move all the time and the only thing you'll lose is the +10-15% damage and +10-15% crit damage after 3 secs of movement. Now if you have to move at all during the vulnerability window (which is at least half your rotation) you lose a huge amount of DPS since you miss out on buffed aimed shot casts.

Note that in pvp there is a talent for Cheetah that reduces its Cd by 50% and makes it boost the speed of nearby allies a la stampeding roar... which as a pve focused hunter and moonkin really just annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by St4rC0 View Post
    A mount. And for indoors, stuff like Posthaste.

All classes got hit with the mobility nerfbat, hunters still have more than most.
    They had to make sure the shiny new Demon Hunters had the most mobility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

10+ Year Old Account

it's called windrunning it give 25% speed buff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Uh, yes that is a huge nerf. Beforehand you can move all the time and the only thing you'll lose is the +10-15% damage and +10-15% crit damage after 3 secs of movement. Now if you have to move at all during the vulnerability window (which is at least half your rotation) you lose a huge amount of DPS since you miss out on buffed aimed shot casts.
    obviously is a nerf compared to now but it's not that bad and, we still have a full mobility spec and as for now in beta MM is still the best in raid

Charles Baudelaire

Deleted

It's only in the broken isles I think? And it doesn't apply in raids/dungeons

It is a passive. You can find the link for the spell here: http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=219223/windrunning
    Note that it not only increases your run speed, but the run speed of everyone in your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    It is a passive. You can find the link for the spell here: http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=219223/windrunning
    Note that it not only increases your run speed, but the run speed of everyone in your group.
    Great thank you, although this appears to be just a 5% speed increase. Am I reading it correctly?

and as for now in beta MM is still the best in raid
    And where are you pulling this vacuous claim from exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    And where are you pulling this vacuous claim from exactly?
    Raid testing

- - - Updated - - -

Great thank you, although this appears to be just a 5% speed increase. Am I reading it correctly?
    It stacks up 5 Times so 25

Charles Baudelaire

Raid testing
    Just your own? Did you have any SV hunters in your group?

My point is, you can't just make blanket statements of purported fact based on nothing more than your own anecdotal evidence. SV hunters were raping other hunters in several different raids yesterday, so my own anecdotal evidence already contradicts yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    Just your own? Did you have any SV hunters in your group?

My point is, you can't just make blanket statements of purported fact based on nothing more than your own anecdotal evidence. SV hunters were raping other hunters in several different raids yesterday, so my own anecdotal evidence already contradicts yours.
    They are abusing some bug which lets them have multiple pets out.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't marked as often as you can aimed. And LNL isn't always up when you need it, like you know, when you have to move. Which is a lot on fights.
    Probably nerfing mobility to make DH mobility seem more enticing so people play the new shiny thing they made :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Raid testing

- - - Updated - - -

It stacks up 5 Times so 25
    Even SV dumpstered MM