Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You don't have any idea how laws and policy come to be, do you? It's ok, not everyone is a nerd that follows politics. I'll let you in on a little secret though: Trump is already rich. He can never spend it all. He doesn't need the tax code to benefit him to get by.
    Yeah but his tax code is going to ruin the us economy
    2. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

- The median US income is around $51,000, most Americans will have the bulk of their taxes levied at the tax rates of the bottom two (0% and 10%)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househ..._United_States

- This is a massive drop from where the US currently is and the growth rate would have to be enourmous

- This means that Trump suggests to levy tax rates way past the revenue optimal tax rate (Laffer Curve) and the US is already way past the point in which it can reduce taxes and still gain from it.
    http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-econom...irlrss5UC27YXi

- The Tax Foundation finds that Trump's tax plan in specific would cost an estimated $9.5 trillion dollars over 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Is this supposed to be an argument in favor of Trump? Just curious....
    The "he" there is Krugman, not Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Yeah but his tax code is going to ruin the us economy
    2. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

- The median US income is around $51,000, most Americans will have the bulk of their taxes levied at the tax rates of the bottom two (0% and 10%)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househ..._United_States

- This is a massive drop from where the US currently is and the growth rate would have to be enourmous

- This means that Trump suggests to levy tax rates way past the revenue optimal tax rate (Laffer Curve) and the US is already way past the point in which it can reduce taxes and still gain from it.
    http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-econom...irlrss5UC27YXi

- The Tax Foundation finds that Trump's tax plan in specific would cost an estimated $9.5 trillion dollars over 10 years
    Is this one of those posts where we break down proposed tax cuts but ignore the proposed spending cuts, so we can say look at that deficit though?

Also, I'm tired of Presidential tax plans since they have NO ROLE in taxes or spending, in any way. Sure, they can veto but, for example, not one of Obama's budgets has ever even been voted on by congress, much less passed.

Even the famed "Bush Tax Cuts" had to be sponsored by congress to get to the floor. What is different about Trump, is he won't be the leader of his party and his party will stand against him on many issues. It's unlikely they would introduce any of his legislative agenda.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Nobel impresses nobody. It's a politicized award now. But for example, his idea that a stimulus would solve the recession was laughable and failed in dramatic fashion. He has railed many times against traditional economist thinking, and I have yet to hear a solid argument from him other than, "Do you know who I am?"

- - - Updated - - -

It's a common urban legend to say presidents age faster. I don't really care enough to argue it but, it really is just the age at which they hold office.

- - - Updated - - -

You are missing the entire point. Trump cannot just pass laws from the oval office. "This isn't Vietnam, Smokey. This is bowling. There are rules."

We have a legislative branch of government, and Trump isn't running for it.
    You are right fuck people with a noble. Everyone can get one. It's not like Is an award for excellency given to outstanding people? You just need to shill your way in amirite?
    Also I'm yet to hear a rebuttal to the argument presented.

- - - Updated - - -

The "he" there is Krugman, not Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this one of those posts where we break down proposed tax cuts but ignore the proposed spending cuts, so we can say look at that deficit though?

Also, I'm tired of Presidential tax plans since they have NO ROLE in taxes or spending, in any way. Sure, they can veto but, for example, not one of Obama's budgets has ever even been voted on by congress, much less passed.

Even the famed "Bush Tax Cuts" had to be sponsored by congress to get to the floor. What is different about Trump, is he won't be the leader of his party and his party will stand against him on many issues. It's unlikely they would introduce any of his legislative agenda.
    Which deficits is he going to cut? He is basically trustING the us economy grows 10% yearly for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    You are right fuck people with a noble. Everyone can get one. It's not like Is an award for excellency given to outstanding people? You just need to shill your way in amirite?
    Also I'm yet to hear a rebuttal to the argument presented.

- - - Updated - - -

Which deficits is he going to cut? He is basically trustING the us economy grows 10% yearly for a decade.
    Why are you assuming a Republican candidate has no intentions of cutting any spending? As Fred Thompson once said regarding spending cuts, "It's a target rich environment."

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are you assuming a Republican candidate has no intentions of cutting any spending? As Fred Thompson once said regarding spending cuts, "It's a target rich environment."
    I'm asking which spending is he going to cut and if it would make sense to cut that part? And by how much?

Because 9.5 trillion dollars is a yuuge sum to cover.
    http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/Uploa...s-tax-plan.pdf
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-06-21 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    His rhetoric aside I personally feel Trump will step down if he won the president. My reasons are as following:

He's too thin skinned, it's apparent he takes mild criticism incredibly personal
    He hasn't the stomach to be an assassination target, he values his own life too much
    Being a president isn't like being a CEO, it's immensely more difficult
    I don't believe he has any interest in politics whatsoever, his campaign is for his ego nothing more
    I would laugh so hard if after winning, on the day of his inauguration he would do a "lol guys fuck that shitty job I just wanted to see if I could do it. SEE YA!" and just left.

Is there some sort of legal mechanic stopping someone from doing this ? Would he be in legal trouble ? I mean they can't FORCE someone to be president can they ? I would love to see it though. I would not even be surprised, he seems like the kind of man who decided to just see if he could do it.

We get it OP, you have a weird obsession with Trump and what appears to be a hate-boner for the orange man.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

People don't get grey THAT fast
    Tell that to my father. I just saw a picture of him in 2010 and he has black hair. Today ? Almost no black to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    Tell that to my father. I just saw a picture of him in 2010 and he has black hair. Today ? Almost no black to be seen.
    You're obviously stressful XD

Deleted
    He wouldn't.

Trump wants to build monuments to himself. There's no bigger monument he can build than the US presidency, and the legacy from that. It doesn't matter how horrible of a human being you were as the president, or how incompetent, there'll still be a bunch of people who look at your presidency with reverence. Dubya, Reagan, even Nixon, they're all looked at as "great presidents" by some people. Some more than others, but still.

Trump wouldn't throw that monument away if he got his hands on it. What he might do though, is rename the White House into the Trump Castle. Or has he already used that one?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    His rhetoric aside I personally feel Trump will step down if he won the president. My reasons are as following:

He's too thin skinned, it's apparent he takes mild criticism incredibly personal
    He hasn't the stomach to be an assassination target, he values his own life too much
    I don't believe he has any interest in politics whatsoever, his campaign is for his ego nothing more
    You mean he'd step down after the nuclear war?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You mean he'd step down after the nuclear war?
    Where do you get the nuclear war from ? I am no Trump supporter but going for the nuclear war argument is pretty freaking stupid. No one is going to start one no matter how narcissistic. In any case, nobody steps down from a nuclear war, we all die. That's it for our little human story.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you basing that on? Are you really saying it's immensely more important that you do a good job, or are you really saying it's a unique skill set that is less common than that of a CEO? Since you can only be president from being elected, we don't really know how hard it is, other than how hard it is to get elected.
    Because unlike being a CEO, your consumer, worker and shareholder are the same people... 319 million shareholders... The goal is also not to make a profit, but create an enviorment where as many can profit as possible, not just you. There is no bankruptcy, no buying out your competition, different rule sets between countries. Running a country and a business is nothing a like, with priorities being totally different.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    Where do you get the nuclear war from ? I am no Trump supporter but going for the nuclear war argument is pretty freaking stupid. No one is going to start one no matter how narcissistic. In any case, nobody steps down from a nuclear war, we all die. That's it for our little human story.
    I love the Nuclear War paranoia

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump, give up? No... I think impeachment is more likely, given that almost all of his proposals are ludicrous and detached from reality. But giving up voluntarily is not in the style of the "I am the richest and bestest" guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I have not been either, so I wonder how you know this?

I mean, sure it's stressful in its own way since all presidents age like fuck. But harder? Do you even know what presidents do? They don't actually make laws and shit. They just enforce the laws that congress creates among other things. They have a lot of sub leaders handling day to day shit as well as advisors out the ass.

I'd imagine that being a general, or head of a specific department is much harder. And yes, even CEO of certain companies. Even more if that company risks losing billions and killing many if you make the wrong call.

Is there a pot for impeachment?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

He'll fail and get kicked out farrrrr sooner than he calls it quits. That's if he wins, and I don't think he will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Maybe, assuming he actually cares about any of the promises he's made and will get upset when they obviously can't be delivered.

I doubt it though, this whole campaign smacks of a disingenuous exercise in ego-stroking and most likely a direct financial benefit to himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

He didn't give up even with the flack, hyperbole, outright lies that have been thrown at him. He won't give up as president.