Thread: Troll Raid

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Troll Raid

We all know that most people love troll raids, so how about you? Would you like to see Blizzard continue to provide troll lore and troll raids in the future (not just in Legion)?

We have had several troll raids and dungeons over the years including:

-Zul Gurub
    -Zul Aman
    -Mogushan Vaults (very troll inspired)
    -Throne of Thunder
    -Gun'drak
    -Drak'Theron Keep
    -Zul Farak

The problem is we havent RECENTLY had much troll lore / dungeons / raids. Most of it has been orc centric dungeons and raids.

I would really like to see a Troll raid in Legion, and more troll related lore and content in the High Seas expansion after Legion.

Do you miss (and want) more troll lore / raids / dungeons?

Jaylock

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD had the lowest sub count due to lack of troll raid/dungeon.

Deleted
    Why not add a poll? I have always loved troll raids/dungeons and I would like to see one although I do not know if it would fit thematically into Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I wouldn't say lack of specifically troll raids / dungeons, but certainly WoD lacked a little diversity in the scenery. WoD was all Orc Orc Orc. I don't believe subs dropped because there was a lack of troll raids, but if a troll raid / dungeon made its way into this current expansion, I would say it would have helped WoDs cause, not hurt it. WoD was still an amazing expansion after all was said and done.

I demand a robo-troll raid/dungeon/zone.

Why arent there tauren dungeons? Or goblin? Or dwarf or human (I dont count the few 1-60 dungeons there like uldaman)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Why arent there tauren dungeons? Or goblin? Or dwarf or human (I dont count the few 1-60 dungeons there like uldaman)?
    Because Tauren aren't inherently hellbent at taking over the world...also, where would that take place anyways? Goblin raid would be fun...but again, where would that take place?

Dwarves...we got Ulduar with the dwarve progenitors. Humans are just too uninteresting to have a human-themed raid...just like how Orc-themed raids are awfully boring (save Siege. I actually enjoyed Siege of Orgrimmar).

Also, for the love of god no more troll raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Because Tauren aren't inherently hellbent at taking over the world...also, where would that take place anyways? Goblin raid would be fun...but again, where would that take place?

Dwarves...we got Ulduar with the dwarve progenitors. Humans are just too uninteresting to have a human-themed raid...just like how Orc-themed raids are awfully boring (save Siege. I actually enjoyed Siege of Orgrimmar).

Also, for the love of god no more troll raids.
    Personally I think a Tauren raid / dungeon could work. You would just have to have a good reason as to why we are trying to kill Taurens. Maybe the tauren in dustwallow marsh, and the Tauren in Feralas next to the thousand needles lake rise up and are influenced by Fel or the old gods or something, and we have to take out their civilization in order to save that part of the world. We have many human raid bosses / undead (who were once human) already. More will make their way into raids im sure.

Now.. a Goblin raid would be damn awesome. Like make it a gold palace with treasure everywhere, and lots of vanity stuff in it. Like a goblin highlord with special magics and technology would be the end boss, and you would have to fight a ton of goblin themed bosses, (obviously goblins themselves, but also their creations) There could be boss abilities that make gold fall from the sky and damage anyone under it.. Goblin Gold Punch, etc. Would be really fun imo.

But for now, I think a troll raid / dungeon would be best for Legion, and certainly im not opposed to more in future expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Because Tauren aren't inherently hellbent at taking over the world...
    To be fair, neither were some of the trolls we fought before. Amani got raided because Budd and co. wanted to get some treasure. Drakkari got raided simply for defending themselves, by questionable means, mind you, against the scourge, etc.

Regarding the tauren, I could see a dungeon themed around the Grimtotem.

Sure Jaylock. As long as you are the final boss <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunwalkerGyd View Post
    To be fair, neither were some of the trolls we fought before. Amani got raided because Budd and co. wanted to get some treasure. Drakkari got raided simply for defending themselves, by questionable means, mind you, against the scourge, etc.

Regarding the tauren, I could see a dungeon themed around the Grimtotem.
    But haven't we gotten rid of a lot of the Grimtotem or is that just me forgetting what happened in Cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sure Jaylock. As long as you are the final boss <3
    @Eleccybubb you sure seem to be coming around You starting to change your tone toward me? Like the idea of a troll raid in Legion?

Deleted
    I actually like Troll raids and Troll lore, so i would love another troll instance, perhaps on the sinking island of Zandalar? Were we face off against loas fueled with fel? I can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    roflmao this is rich.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    How about a raid to kill Vol'jin's spirit so he can't come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    @Eleccybubb you sure seem to be coming around You starting to change your tone toward me? Like the idea of a troll raid in Legion?
    Only if you are the final boss like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You would just have to have a good reason as to why we are trying to kill Taurens.
    Because they are Horde is good enough for me. Or how about to eradicate/convert the perverted blood elf/tauren paladins? Easy enough for a motive.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Trolls got weak after they were just cannon-fodder in tot. Blizzard needs to hype them a lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had one, it was called the third raid tier of WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.