Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    You're not going to get Mythic Titanforged gear from just doing World Quests at a reasonable rate. They've stated multiple times that it's a fairly low percentage of that happening.
    All I heard was

https://youtu.be/KX5jNnDMfxA?t=24

What will really happen :

"Oh, we already cleared the raids... time to grind obsolete normals\heroics for the low chance for jackpot items... WOOHOOO", just like fucking Diablo 3. Rather do 100 normal runs than a couple mythic ones at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I appreciate his generous assumption that I have friends that I'd run dungeons with, but it was unnecessary as I'm able to admit I have none.
    I'll be your huckleberry.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wonder how long until someone finds a really easy place to farm legendary items from weak mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    But there is still a time cap on how many times you can do raids.

So, are we supposed to just, kill random mobs for Legendaries, with a faster and faster pace, a.la diablo, without the torment increase?
    Legendaries don't drop off random mobs as it is right now.

Currently legendaries only drop from mythic dungeon cache, hc dungeon bosses and World Quest cache's (which are only once per day).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

"Oh, we already cleared the raids... time to grind obsolete normals\heroics for the low chance for jackpot items... WOOHOOO", just like fucking Diablo 3. Rather do 100 normal runs than a couple mythic ones at some point.
    Very few will do that since titanforge can't go over mythic quality gear. The huge ilvl increases have such a extremely low chance to drop that targeting them is pointless.

Yeah anything can happen! We can have a 20 month content drought, say what? I said anything can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    If you are gonna post at hour long video to discuss a quote please time stamp the video link or at the very least post the time for when the quote happens b/c a quote w/o context is uselss
    Sorry, edited OP. 44min mark is where the Titanforged question is asked and he elaborates on it. Though he brings it up earlier in reference to some legendary item questions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    I just hope we're not getting titanforged relics
    I have some bad news for you then =( one of my friends got one a week or 2 ago. So now in between raids we can go farm our favorite 5 mans and hope we get bis relics and trinkets titanforged weeeee

There's no reason to farm heroic dungeons. Mythic+ essentially doesn't have a lockout.

And that basically eliminates all the hypothetical grinding concerns. Mythic+ grinding>all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

But there is still a time cap on how many times you can do raids.

So, are we supposed to just, kill random mobs for Legendaries, with a faster and faster pace, a.la diablo, without the torment increase?
    Thhat is probably what they want you to do
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

It's better than them promising anything, just for it not to happen and this forum be flooded full of more salty tears.

I think it would be cool if they made it so that titanforging had a chance to upgrade any quest/dungeon up to about 5 or 10 ilvls short of the current highest ilvl gear, but that raid gear wasn't randomized at all. It would have to work the same way as titanforging does now with a range of upgrade possibilities rather than how warforging works in WoD (specifically not the mythic dungeon or apexis gear warforging), but it would allow more casual players the possibility for good gear that's nearly on par with raiders while making raiding the only reliable source for top tier gear. I mean, I don't know about anyone else, but as a mythic raider, I hate warforging. It's taken away any motivation to get BiS because it's still not gonna be BiS without the random power bonuses like gem slots and warforged, so with the randomization only being on quest/dungeon gear they can use that randomization in order to ensure that the best source of end game gear will still be raiding while also giving more casual players the ilvl's necessary to somewhat keep up with raiders to make the possibility of transitioning into raiding much better.

I'm happy with it- raiding and organized PvE will still be the most consistent, most reliable method of getting the best gar, but there's an actual raid-relevant incentive for raiders to play the game outside of organized raiding. I welcome a system that gives me more reasons to do more things in game.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

What's better?

That or the alternative "Oh, we already cleared the raids. Now we're done with the game."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What would be the point of natural difficulty progression, if you can get really good gear from stuff that you can one shot?
    Because if you play this game for progression, then gear is inconsequential. All this WAH WAH WAH about gear is just a giant arrow pointing at people who likely have 0 chance of clearing the content anyway.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What's better?

That or the alternative "Oh, we already cleared the raids. Now we're done with the game."
    why all of a sudden are these the only two options they have for game design? rofl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auru View Post
    I honestly think this is something that the playerbase will come to understand a little more once it's actually in front of them and they are playing the game.

Login on a day where your guild doesn't raid, someone mentions needing a dps for a dungeon in guild chat...

WoD me: Fuck no.. i'm just gonna logout and pretend I didn't see guild chat.

Legion me: I might jump in, even for that small chance.. it feels like something to do.

and so on :P
    I would rather be honest and say no if I don't want to - and I rather help my guild buddy if I have the time to spare, not because of greed, but because I want to be helpful.

It's okay getting additional rewards when helping out strangers, like in LFR/LFD, but when playing with friends, I want to be there because I enjoy the experience, not only because of loot.

What would be the point of natural difficulty progression, if you can get really good gear from stuff that you can one shot?
    Because it's still fun to kill bosses, also, obviously it's not going to be efficient to get gear outside of high level content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Legendaries don't drop off random mobs as it is right now.

Currently legendaries only drop from mythic dungeon cache, hc dungeon bosses and World Quest cache's (which are only once per day).

- - - Updated - - -

Very few will do that since titanforge can't go over mythic quality gear. The huge ilvl increases have such a extremely low chance to drop that targeting them is pointless.
    Hm, that's bad. Are the HCs weekly locked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    why all of a sudden are these the only two options they have for game design? rofl
    Cause it's released in 2 months, and they have the current one versus the old one, ready for deployment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Because it's still fun to kill bosses, also, obviously it's not going to be efficient to get gear outside of high level content.
    Kinda goes against the whole sentiment of "World Quests Give Good Stuff" that i have heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Because if you play this game for progression, then gear is inconsequential. All this WAH WAH WAH about gear is just a giant arrow pointing at people who likely have 0 chance of clearing the content anyway.
    The hardcore populace is a very small minority, the average player's sense of progression, is gear and bosses.

What you think of said majority, is irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be under the impression that people will be running around in full titanforged from questing.

Mythic raiders will still have full mythic gear (with potential Mythic Titanforged that nobody else can get). Does it really bother you if some lucky player gets some awesome bracers randomly during the expansion?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.