Why oh why did they get rid of the blink glyph effect? It really should have been baked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Why oh why did they get rid of the blink glyph effect? It really should have been baked into it.
    I share your pain. I kinda liked it, a lot. However, i have been playing a little more that 1 year with and almost 7 years without, i guess i'll manage :P

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13241...dar&bonus=1811

uhhh? isn't that strong as fuck? i guess its legendary for a reason =P
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if you could stack shammies and mages to alternate hero/bl/timewarp to always have that 30% haste bonus. You would need 7 shammies or mages in addition to yourself if I am reading the tooltip correctly.
    Last edited by GhostPanini; 2016-06-21 at 01:55 AM. Reason: fixed my math

That won't work. It says YOUR Time Warp ignores the debuff others place on you. You'll still get the debuff from another haste cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: read "you" as "any mage with the TW legendary"

The way to use it would be these two:

Only you have the legendary - You cast Time Warp at 0 seconds. Have a friend cast Time Warp (or equivalent) at 40 seconds. You cast Time Warp at 300 seconds and again at 600 seconds. They cast Time Warp or equivalent at 640 seconds.

Two or more mages have the legendary - Have a friend cast Time Warp (or equivalent) at 0 seconds. You cast Time Warp at 40 seconds and again at 340 seconds. Have a friend cast Time Warp (or equivalent) at 600 seconds. You cast Time Warp at 640 seconds.
    Last edited by Rinoa; 2016-06-21 at 05:45 AM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

In the second example the second mage would also cast it again at 300 sec, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because it would only come off cooldown at 340 seconds.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Edit: read "you" as "any mage with the TW legendary"

The way to use it would be these two:

Only you have the legendary - You cast Time Warp at 0 seconds. Have a friend cast Time Warp (or equivalent) at 40 seconds. You cast Time Warp at 300 seconds and again at 600 seconds. They cast Time Warp or equivalent at 640 seconds.

Two or more mages have the legendary - Have a friend cast Time Warp (or equivalent) at 0 seconds. You cast Time Warp at 40 seconds and again at 340 seconds. Have a friend cast Time Warp (or equivalent) at 600 seconds. You cast Time Warp at 640 seconds.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of this. There'll be many fights where ideally we need to use hero in last phase or whatever but then that'll mean losing a lot of mage dps if we luck out with the legendaries, because this is really strong. Won't matter on farm but during progress this kind of thing just makes me want to tear my hair out by the roots. I wish they'd change it to something else...

Did we lose Mage table? There's a video from what looks like last week and it wasn't in their spell book. I mean, I guess table hasn't felt super necessary lately with all the feasts from cooking, but it was still nice to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    Did we lose Mage table? There's a video from what looks like last week and it wasn't in their spell book. I mean, I guess table hasn't felt super necessary lately with all the feasts from cooking, but it was still nice to have.
    Conjure Food and Food Table are one spell now.

When you're in a group, it will cast the table. When you're not grouped, you'll just conjure food.

Idiotically the food produced by those methods is not the same, so you have to have 2 spots on your action bar for it...

Yeah, if it has the same effect, I don't see why they couldn't have both versions of the spell give food with the same spell ID.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Also do you think Blizzard intends for the 1st mythic raid tier to be cleared with an Artifact weapon filled out? I do not
    I don't think that either. I tend more towards giving all the weapons artifact power simultaneously (even if it's done slower) and relics having charges. I see very little benefit in having spec-restricted progression because I think the main thing they gained was spec-Lore and they introduced unnecessary gating for people wanting to play more specs simultaneously.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-06-21 at 10:54 AM.

I'm deciding what to boost for Legion. I'm torn between a Lock or Mage. Which is looking better?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I'm deciding what to boost for Legion. I'm torn between a Lock or Mage. Which is looking better?
    They are 2 of the shiniest classes going into Legion. They are both polished and improved, it really all comes out of personal preference. What do you like most in terms of appearance, abilities and flavour?

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    They are 2 of the shiniest classes going into Legion. They are both polished and improved, it really all comes out of personal preference. What do you like most in terms of appearance, abilities and flavour?
    Well I know next to nothing about Locks. Which has more overall utility? In and out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I don't think that either. I tend more towards giving all the weapons artifact power simultaneously (even if it's done slower) and relics having charges. I see very little benefit in having spec-restricted progression because I think the main thing they gained was spec-Lore and they introduced unnecessary gating for people wanting to play more specs simultaneously.
    I can see your side, the flip is the current method creates a time sink for those players who want multiple specs and therefore I can see why Blizzard chose the current method. Gives those players something to do; which would be one of many routes they are going to pace content better. We will see if that whole "paced better" pans out, lol Not like they haven't been promising that for last 3 expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Well I know next to nothing about Locks. Which has more overall utility? In and out of combat.
    You overestimate the importance of these utility things, especially in raids. When it came to dodging specific boss mechanisms mages were useful during WoD, but since we've lost almost all our "tricky" abilities i don't think it will be the case during Legion. (Evanesce/Alter Time/Greater Invisibility... all gone) I think Blizzard didn't like these alternative tactics (?) so they cut back these special abilities in PvE. Warlocks can summon players/give them HS/set up a teleport portal, while mages can open portals to cities/give regen only food to others/one of the few classes that can cast Heroism/Bloodlust. Mages have Ice Block/Cauterize so these 2 might be exploited, while warlocks has a huge shield with a sligthly less potential than Ice Block for similar purposes. I think mages have lost their raid wide utilities but this is normal since Blizz cut back all these abilities on all classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    I can see your side, the flip is the current method creates a time sink for those players who want multiple specs and therefore I can see why Blizzard chose the current method. Gives those players something to do; which would be one of many routes they are going to pace content better. We will see if that whole "paced better" pans out, lol Not like they haven't been promising that for last 3 expansions.
    I'm basically convinced that at some point they will make it too easy because people will complain about its flaw. The system has the inherent problem that when people are around the middle of the expansion, they are going to realize what a massive factor it will be that they have 1 spec that is extremely progressed and it can't be backtracked (only re-traited with a big cost), while their other specs are newbies. I will admit I do not know if the scaling of the hall research (as we can see it now) will make it too easy, but even if it's not I expect it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Also imagine a disc priest that thought she will never change, having to become shadow in the middle of the expansion. The disc might have extreme progression, having spend thousands upon thousands of power on it, while then it will have 0 use. The complaining will be rough.

The system needs either class-wide progress or big, big nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Also imagine a disc priest that thought she will never change, having to become shadow in the middle of the expansion. The disc might have extreme progression, having spend thousands upon thousands of power on it, while then it will have 0 use. The complaining will be rough.

The system needs either class-wide progress or big, big nerfs.
    The artifact increase via research being limited to a character should be changed, research should apply to all toons on that account.

The current method they are claiming 2nd artifact will be within 80% of first artifact for a class. However I am just not seeing how that 80% is possible once you hit 25 points spent, 80% of next spend is 111k needed to be spent in 2nd artifact. 80% of 26 is 20.8 or 21, 21 is 141k spend. From there onward you are not going to be 80%.

Hopefully research addresses that issue.