Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Nobody learned mechanics in SoO because of stacks.
    - 20% of a-social lazies discovered they could afk/follow and still get the gear in the end
    - another 40% then said, 'well f this, I'm not going to bust my ass learning the fights just to carry those afk's'
    - A remaining 5% now says 'I'm going to lul teach them a lesson and see how many stacks I can get them to have and still wipe'
    - finally there is 35% extremely unhappy 'regular' players desperately trying to get it over with, but raking up stacks because of the other 2/3'rds
    Dunno. I usually had great LFR groups that did well depending on what day of the week. Sure, there'll be trolls, but that's a chance you take when partaking in a social activity online.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Raiders haven't lost anything... hell we got our three tiers back. Only people who run casual content keep running out of things to do and that goes hand in hand with them begging for free loot.

On some level I feel we are talking past each other.
    Eh? Casuals get all the same content as raiders. We just don't cry about you getting it unlike you and your chums.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Eh? Casuals get all the same content as raiders. We just don't cry about you getting it unlike you and your chums.

after reading a part of this thread, i just have to stop. i am too shocked and its too time wastin to read further. it seems today there are so many ppl in that game, not in the slightest even know what a mmorpg is. or the better term is: what a mmorpg WAS.

blizzard derailed wow into this sandbox ballpark game that heavy, and since such a long time, that maybe there are more players in this (still called mmorpg) game which fit perfectly, than players who really want to play a mmorpg.

or in short: if i look at this thread, its nearly impossible to call wow a mmorpg any longer. it seems its not the wrong players in the wrong game. it seems the game was twisted into another game. and all ppl which played or want "the original (mmorpg) game" are the ones in the wrong game.

very sad. but when i look at some answers here, very true.

the long way down, from a great mmorpg game, to something else (whatever you call it, but for sure not a mmorpg) prefered by ppl who dont wanna invest time, effort, or social aspects. congrats to the last one: you get a game made for you. but plz: dont call it mmorpg any longer. because you guys are FOR SURE AS HELL no mmorpg gamers.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-06-21 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Vid
    Glad you agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    it seems its not the wrong players in the wrong game. it seems the game was twisted into another game. and all ppl which played or want "the original game" are the ones in the wrong game.
    I guess somewhere around 2008 some MBA went 'you got 10M players for this mmorpg spiel, which is great don't get me wrong, but I want you to think 10x! Think 'outside-of-the-box'! Build me a game that aims for 100M!!!!'

I guess somewhere around 2008 some MBA went 'you got 10M players for this mmorpg spiel, which is great don't get me wrong, but I want you to think 10x! Think 'outside-of-the-box'! Build me a game that aims for 100M!!!!'
    something like that had obvisiously happened. and the players came. but it seems for every stupid ballpark-20min-playtime-idiot who came, 1 mmorpg player left. and in the end all what they got with their greed was 5mio ppls, not interested in long term loyality, instead 10mio players, fitting the mmorpg genre. seems the descission was made of a "managment genius".

and they wondering about all that nostralius things... lol.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-06-21 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet Red Sword View Post
    Dunno. I usually had great LFR groups that did well depending on what day of the week. Sure, there'll be trolls, but that's a chance you take when partaking in a social activity online.
    Yeah. Funny how that works.

If you don't get LFR done on the good days (tues/wednesday) you were pretty much doomed.

Almost like scheduled raiding. Lol.

I remember my server having 25 LFR zergs. Probably the only time LFR has been not awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody learned mechanics in SoO because of stacks.
    - 20% of a-social lazies discovered they could afk/follow and still get the gear in the end
    - another 40% then said, 'well f this, I'm not going to bust my ass learning the fights just to carry those afk's'
    - A remaining 5% now says 'I'm going to lul teach them a lesson and see how many stacks I can get them to have and still wipe'
    - finally there is 35% extremely unhappy 'regular' players desperately trying to get it over with, but raking up stacks because of the other 2/3'rds
    Right. I'd say that not 1-2 shotting bosses after a year or so basically means that they don't know them/haven't bothered to learn.

the long way down, from a great mmorpg game, to something else (whatever you call it, but for sure not a mmorpg) prefered by ppl who dont wanna invest time, effort, or social aspects. congrats to the last one: you get a game made for you. but plz: dont call it mmorpg any longer. because you guys are FOR SURE AS HELL no mmorpg gamers.
    Sounds like someone needs to look up the definition of an MMORPG then. I'd consider WoW an MMORPG. Massive multiplayer? Check. Roleplaying game? Check.

Sure, some people may for the most part play it like a single-player RPG, but the game allows for that with plenty of solo stuff to do. It also has tons of customization and other aspects RPers [Myself included, been doin' it since release of vanilla, thanks. ] to do, places to do it in and even some nifty toys along the way to add to the fun. And you can't argue that it still allows tons of people to do stuff together.

Just because it sounds like you don't like how the game is going, or how some people play it, doesn't change what it is. Don't bring your narrow and angry views at us ya grump. You sound like someone watching the new star trek movies and complaining about how it's changed so that the new generation might enjoy it.
    Last edited by Dead Moose Fandango; 2016-06-21 at 01:09 PM.

Sounds like someone needs to look up the definition of an MMORPG then. I'd consider WoW an MMORPG. Massive multiplayer? Check. Roleplaying game? Check.

Sure, some people may for the most part play it like a single-player RPG, but the game allows for that with plenty of solo stuff to do. It also has tons of customization and other aspects RPers [Myself included, been doin' it since release of vanilla, thanks. ] to do, places to do it in and even some nifty toys along the way to add to the fun. And you can't argue that it still allows tons of people to do stuff together.

Just because it sounds like you don't like how the game is going, or how some people play it, doesn't change what it is. Don't bring your narrow and angry views at us ya grump. You sound like someone watching the new star trek movies and complaining about how it's changed so that the new generation might enjoy it.
    How would you feel if you were a semi-pro level golf player and some day you'd see your favorite golf course has taken some modifications: Middle aged ladies now water their flowers on fairways, kids make sand castles in bunkers and their fathers are fishing by the waters. The size of all greens are now doubled and holes are located at the bottom of flat pits so that the ball rolls in easier. Next to every green is a conveyor that takes you to the beginning of the next hole and has a kiosk that sells soda and lollipops.

Would you call it a narrow view if one didn't like this at all, because this is exactly what has happened to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    How would you feel if you were a semi-pro level golf player and some day you'd see your favorite golf course has taken some modifications: Middle aged ladies now water their flowers on fairways, kids make sand castles in bunkers and their fathers are fishing by the waters. The size of all greens are now doubled and holes are located at the bottom of flat pits so that the ball rolls in easier. Next to every green is a conveyor that takes you to the beginning of the next hole and has a kiosk that sells soda and lollipops.

Would you call it a narrow view if one didn't like this at all, because this is exactly what has happened to this game.

You can still go and play at Carnoustie if you want. Just that some people prefer the driving range. There are plenty of golf courses to go around.

A more colossal reach, I have yet to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You can still go and play at Carnoustie if you want. Just that some people prefer the driving range. There are plenty of golf courses to go around.
    That's my point, you can no longer use it for its original purpose. You can no longer call it 'a golf course', it has changed to something else.

your points wether are bad nor wrong.

but for me wow is no longer (since a while) a classical mmorpg. nor are the players mmorpg players to me.

hell this game even has something left that i would even call "community" in the widest sence. in my experience all mmorpgs i have played and had fun, was first and foremost socialized. this was always a core aspect of the gropued gameplay.

but maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle, and we need to call it "sandbox-ballpark-no-time-commitment-not-socialized-mmorpg"
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-06-21 at 03:41 PM.

your points wether are bad nor wrong.

but for me wow is no longer (since a while) a classical mmorpg. nor are the players mmorpg players to me.

hell this game even has something left that i would even call "community" in the widest sence. in my experience all mmorpgs i have played and had fun, was first and foremost socialized. this was always a core aspect of the gropued gameplay.

but maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle, and we need to call it "sandbox-ballpark-no-time-commitment-not-socialized-mmorpg"
    You have the option to commit time and be social. You also have the option to not.
    You choosing to not commit time and not socialize is your decision, and noone elses.

I'd wonder where all those people made so much money to play on the course. Membership ain't cheap, and they usually don't let every Nick and Dave join. Also, that's not what those kind of courses are there for. The memberships alone are meant to keep it clean and free of such things.

Also, I'd wonder when I suddenly became such a boring person.

I'd wonder where all those people made so much money to play on the course. Membership ain't cheap, and they usually don't let every Nick and Dave join. Also, that's not what those kind of courses are there for. The memberships alone are meant to keep it clean and free of such things.

Also, I'd wonder when I suddenly became such a boring person.
    Way to deflect.

But a better metaphor would be : a car club. You join a car club, and the premise is that of a purist one. You want powerful cars that aren't involving the trend of flashy asian type cars, that just look cool with wings, neon lights, big stereos... blah blah blah. This club is about power, performance.

But then a few guys join and thats all THEY care about. And suddenly, your whole club is just an AFK queue fest. Cool beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Way to deflect.

But a better metaphor would be : a car club. You join a car club, and the premise is that of a purist one. You want powerful cars that aren't involving the trend of flashy asian type cars, that just look cool with wings, neon lights, big stereos... blah blah blah. This club is about power, performance.

But then a few guys join and thats all THEY care about. And suddenly, your whole club is just an AFK queue fest. Cool beans.
    Well, I'd hope that this change wasn't an overnight thing. And hey, depending on how long I've been in that club, have I been making friends with people? Has the club slowly become not as much about cars and a little bit about the people in it? Because if I'm in the club solely for cars, I think I joined it for the wrong reasons. I'd probably quit the club and give up on clubs altogether and just do the thing solo.

I've got a better metaphor for YOUR thinking; You have a buncha friends you met while going to bars over the years. Suddenly, you can't drink anymore, but that's all you guys really did together. What now? Do you keep hanging out with them even as they keep drinking? Or is it time to find new friends?

That's called a Special Snowflake syndrome.

The analogy is completely silly and wrong. The content we're talking about here is instanced. Nothing has changed about your "golf course".

Well, I'd hope that this change wasn't an overnight thing. And hey, depending on how long I've been in that club, have I been making friends with people? Has the club slowly become not as much about cars and a little bit about the people in it? Because if I'm in the club solely for cars, I think I joined it for the wrong reasons. I'd probably quit the club and give up on clubs altogether and just do the thing solo.

I've got a better metaphor for YOUR thinking; You have a buncha friends you met while going to bars over the years. Suddenly, you can't drink anymore, but that's all you guys really did together. What now? Do you keep hanging out with them even as they keep drinking? Or is it time to find new friends?
    Thats not a beetter metaphor at all. The thread is about gameplay. I related that directly to a car club, which is similar to an RPG club. What does drinking have to do with that?

You also didn't address my point. The club was originally about power and performance, now its leaning towards flashy honda civics with wings, big rims and stereos.

Thats what the OP is upset about. The game used to be A and now its become C, something completely different. You used to have to work together, and now its just a queue fest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    That's called a Special Snowflake syndrome.

The analogy is completely silly and wrong. The content we're talking about here is instanced. Nothing has changed about your "golf course".
    Well, thats factually wrong, WoW (the golfcourse) has changed a lot since 2004. Some changes good, others bad.