Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    that's the whole point of a sub-race... are some of you even reading or thinking about what you read? a sub-race is either identical to what you have but just a different skin or an alternative version to what you have, i.e. a different look of the same thing.

with a half-elf you're going to be similar to a human (if you make his ears/eyreborws short) or an elf (if you make them long) or you can choose to go for varying in-between versions. I took the time to detail how the appearance would be too. It's a sub-race not a full race.
    i get the point dont worry, im just for more unique races than something close to reskin

Quote Originally Posted by jochie View Post
    I think OP makes to many assumptions on what players want on either faction.

My opinion about the matter is that there are enough playable races as it is allready.
    There is no need to add more playable races, keep them as factions in expansions will be good enough for me.
    The great thing about adding more races is; you don't have to play them.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not complicated, give the alliance high elves and the horde brown orcs. Everyone is as happy as they ever get on the internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The great thing about adding more races is; you don't have to play them.
    and the great thing about not adding more races is that blizzard can put their resources into other part of the game, adding more classes wont make the game any better.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you realize i'm talking about SUB-RACE here, not a full race right? Sub-races will have every race getting at least 2 variations of it, a few can have more. you can't have sub-races without elven ones too, and there will be lots of non-elven ones for all the elf-haters.

I mean it's clear in the title of the thread, and it's the first thing addressed in the thread, so people would understand the context.
    I am aware of that, because, unlike lots of posters, I actually read your OP. So? I don't see how being a SUB-race changes anything? Human with pointy ears still looks like a dobbie, so it still adds dobbies to my Alliance, which I don't want.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-06-20 at 11:21 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I am aware of that, because, unlike lots of posters, I actually read your OP. So? I don't see how being a SUB-race changes anything? Human with pointy ears still looks like a dobbie, so it still adds dobbies to my Alliance, which I don't want.
    oh, you just don't want any elven sub-races at all, well if sub-rces ever come, that is very unrealistic - and I was speaking excslusively with respect to sub-races. As a human sub-race a half elf would be able to adjust eyes/brows to be round and short like a human or pointy to the extent of a full elf. So with a half elf you can actually look more human if you want. That was also in the OP you claimed to have read.

and the great thing about not adding more races is that blizzard can put their resources into other part of the game, adding more classes wont make the game any better.
    Uhh, yes it will?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, yes it will?
    Not at all, soon it gets to the point where adding more dilutes other classes of their uniqueness. And new races are not a problem, its all the expectations of a starter zone that is the problem. If you are willing to have new races without a new zone, then it would be the same as sub races effectively

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Not at all, soon it gets to the point where adding more dilutes other classes of their uniqueness. And new races are not a problem, its all the expectations of a starter zone that is the problem. If you are willing to have new races without a new zone, then it would be the same as sub races effectively
    Where did I, or anyone else state they are against subraces. The OPs idea was based on a subrace I believe.

I also don't agree that adding more dilutes the others, not in a negative sense at least. Why not just have playable Humans, and playable Orcs? Oh? Thats not enough? Then what is too much?

Adding more races and classes can add unique aspects to the game. Saying otherwise is ridiculous.

Nothing will make everyone happy. Humans, by their very nature, exist to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I, or anyone else state they are against subraces. The OPs idea was based on a subrace I believe.

I also don't agree that adding more dilutes the others, not in a negative sense at least. Why not just have playable Humans, and playable Orcs? Oh? Thats not enough? Then what is too much?

Adding more races and classes can add unique aspects to the game. Saying otherwise is ridiculous.
    Races does not have a negative outside of racials, but a racial starting zone does, it is a waste of time to develop. More classes however does, not only does it effect balance and loot distribution, but some classes will lose their unique abilities. Though i like the changes, Warlocks technically lost Metamorphosis to Demon Hunters, Demon Hunters also have the rogue Evasion with different numbers, Disengage with a new name. So on and so forth

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think you're simply missing everything that's been said...it would seem you just don't want anything remotely like elven, (as in white elven) on the alliance.
    lol?

Cmon dude, stop pretending this is almost the same thing.. but now you trying it with half elf wanna be kelecos. Half breeds should die in wow.

More races is part of the more content. Every time you get an expansion, you get new areas, those areas have to be filled with interesting things and denizens.

This is where you always get sub-races, sub-races are just your normal race in a different setting, given a new look/different look that makes them interesting.

Overtime players are going to want to have that new look playable, it is automatically more content in itself, it is also more lore about your race, who knew there were Tauren in Northrend and they were called Taunka, or Tauren in Pandaria called Yaungol or Tauren in Broken Isles called Highmountain.. this is inevitably more interesting than just putting the same Tauren model in all 3 places. New expansion = new art, new lore, new stuff

you have people wanting to play these.