Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Mother jailed in beating of 3 sons after she caught them burglarizing house

http://theadvocate.com/news/16173825...e-deputies-say

Schaquana Evita Spears, 30, admitted she hit her three sons — aged 10, 12 and 13 — after she caught them breaking into a residence on Satinwood Drive on Friday, according to a Sheriff’s Office report. She was booked on child cruelty counts.

She may have been excessive because the article says the children had lacerations. I am sure that is the only reason she was arrested. Had they not had lacerations, I would have no problem with her discipline of her children. Those children probably won't be burglarizing any houses any time soon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post

Schaquana Evita Spears, 30, admitted she hit her three sons — aged 10, 12 and 13 — after she caught them breaking into a residence on Satinwood Drive on Friday, according to a Sheriff’s Office report. She was booked on child cruelty counts.

She may have been excessive because the article says the children had lacerations. I am sure that is the only reason she was arrested. Had they not had lacerations, I would have no problem with her discipline of her children. Those children probably won't be burglarizing any houses any time soon though.
    I'll be that guy. Physical discipline doesn't work on every child, and can actually make the child resent you more, and rebel even more. Some need TLC, others need the belt.

Which of these options would work best on her children, I cannot say. I don't know the kids or their experiences while growing up.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the kids got a good ol' fashioned whuppin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Sounds like a shit parent all around. Why were they trying to burglarize a house in the first place? That isn't normal behavior for teens, how did she raise them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

She has anger issues. You can hit your kids but you should never leave marks, certainly never break the skin.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'll be that guy. Physical discipline doesn't work on every child, and can actually make the child resent you more, and rebel even more. Some need TLC, others need the belt.

Which of these options would work best on her children, I cannot say. I don't know the kids or their experiences while growing up.
    Oh fuck off with that crap, beat the fuckers enough and we wouldn't have 95% of the problems children have today. ( And no, im not saying beat them black and blue and bloody by any means. God forbid we actually spank our children. )

Idgaf about their "repressed emotions and frail ego"... they need to man the fuck up... the world isnt rainbows and flowers... Its ash and brimstone raining down from the heavens above, and you better have a flame resistant umbrella or you're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Oh fuck off with that crap, beat the fuckers enough and we wouldn't have 95% of the problems children have today. ( And no, im not saying beat them black and blue and bloody by any means. God forbid we actually spank our children. ).
    This is 100% fact and true.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck off with that crap, beat the fuckers enough and we wouldn't have 95% of the problems children have today. ( And no, im not saying beat them black and blue and bloody by any means. God forbid we actually spank our children. )

Idgaf about their "repressed emotions and frail ego"... they need to man the fuck up... the world isnt rainbows and flowers... Its ash and brimstone raining down from the heavens above, and you better have a flame resistant umbrella or you're fucked.
    Looks like someone can't read. Calm your rage, and try it again slowly.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account

Watch out there friend, wouldn't want to cut yourself on all that edge

Sometimes the belt is the only way.

Alternatively, people can learn to parent without hitting their children. Which is possible, but requires patience and dedication. So not something I would really expect from people with this kind of macho nonsense attitude.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC

Looks like someone can't read. Calm your rage, and try it again slowly.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that grounding these kids for their behavior wouldn't quite do it. If they're on the road to gang activity or a criminal life then either a scared straight or a good spanking would be in order. I agree that lacerations are over the line, but burglary at the ages of 10, 12, and 13 is a bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post

A lot of states' laws regarding child abuse is that the line between discipline and abuse is whether you leave a mark. I went through this with my parents. Cops never did anything so eventually I fought back instead and nearly killed my dad in the final confrontation we ever had physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Sounds like a shit parent all around. Why were they trying to burglarize a house in the first place? That isn't normal behavior for teens, how did she raise them?
    I think the idea here is that she was hitting them so that they would stop burglarizing homes in the future. It's hard to make judgements based off of the info in the story but it sounds like she's trying to keep them on the right path, so maybe she is doing her best?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Alternatively, people can learn to parent without hitting their children. Which is possible, but requires patience and dedication. So not something I would really expect from people with this kind of macho nonsense attitude.
    Oh please. When I'm in a store and I see a parent saying "no, no" to their child for about 20 minutes and they're still not listening, a good swat on the butt would have fixed that and it has nothing to do with macho or power tripping. The child had control of the parent because the parent can't assert authority with words. Granted some parents abuse that authority like my parents who grounded me as a child for stupid shit like getting a B while all the rest were A's and then hitting me when I said it was unfair, but many kids do need a good swat.

Yeah, this wasn't spanking, this was beating. She should have punished them in other ways. Now the kids are getting punished, being without their mom, good job system.

That'll teach those kids, growing up without a mother. Take that, now who will love you! Now they will have to steal to make a living, if only mum had let them do it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think the idea here is that she was hitting them so that they would stop burglarizing homes in the future. It's hard to make judgements based off of the info in the story but it sounds like she's trying to keep them on the right path, so maybe she is doing her best?
    Doing your best and doing it right and two very, very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Oh please. When I'm in a store and I see a parent saying "no, no" to their child for about 20 minutes and they're still not listening, a good swat on the butt would have fixed that and it has nothing to do with macho or power tripping. The child had control of the parent because the parent can't assert authority with words. Granted some parents abuse that authority like my parents who grounded me as a child for stupid shit like getting a B while all the rest were A's and then hitting me when I said it was unfair, but many kids do need a good swat.
    You really think it's just a matter of saying 'no' over and over?

The 'macho' part was that the guy I was responding to went on this rant about how they should 'man the fuck up' and how the world is 'ash and brimstone.'

Headline should be "Black mother imprisoned for trying to deter her children from becoming a US Black male crime statistic, they joined her in prison just months later"

Poor kids :/. Worst mother ever.