Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Pitchforks are aimed at the wrong culprit. G2A is just a marketplace. If they want to stop this, then they need to reinvent distribution of software licenses. If people can make money w/o legal consequences, people are going to do it 100% of the time.
    False, pitchforks are aimed at the right culprit. The one who turns a blind eye because it's making them money.

When Ubisoft revoked thousands of keys bought on G2A which where bought with stolen credit cards people like you and the defense force in this thread completely shit on Ubisoft and they got lots of bad press over it and you wonder why a small indy developer would be hesitant to revoke the keys?

Damned if you do damned if you don't situation with you people. Revoke keys- publisher is the bad guy, don't revoke keys- lol you can just revoke the keys!. What a joke.

People still thinking G2A is not shady when they got banned from sponsoring at riot events for selling LoL boosts like WoW gold sellers.

People still thinking G2A is not shady when you can't cancel their shield subscription until 2 days before it expires, hoping you forget about it and they get to charge you again.

People still thinking G2A is not shady when you have to buy buyer protection which is provided for free by other 3rd party market places such as amazon and ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Why chargeback when you could just contact G2A and they will give you a refund and probably ban the seller? Would you rather potentially screw more buyers by not notifying G2A of a problem seller? Why?
    Because it's more effective and because you're not screwing an actual buyer. He hasn't bought anything from you - he has bought stolen goods.

It's more effective because it clearly signals that buying keys from G2A risks you losing your money and getting nothing in return, which will very quickly dry up G2A's traffic and in general get G2A a lot of complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    False, pitchforks are aimed at the right culprit. The one who turns a blind eye because it's making them money.

When Ubisoft revoked thousands of keys bought on G2A which where bought with stolen credit cards people like you and the defense force in this thread completely shit on Ubisoft and they got lots of bad press over it and you wonder why a small indy developer would be hesitant to revoke the keys?

Damned if you do damned if you don't situation with you people. Revoke keys- publisher is the bad guy, don't revoke keys- lol you can just revoke the keys!. What a joke.

People still thinking G2A is not shady when they got banned from sponsoring at riot events for selling LoL boosts like WoW gold sellers.

People still thinking G2A is not shady when you can't cancel their shield subscription until 2 days before it expires, hoping you forget about it and they get to charge you again.

People still thinking G2A is not shady when you have to buy buyer protection which is provided for free by other 3rd party market places such as amazon and ebay.

Me and you rarely agree but well said.

Ontopic:
    I really do love it when they try to fall back on the "Used Games" argument when the two is miles different.

Look if people want to buy from G2A then whatever, But don't act like they are consumer friendly or bitch about somethnig EA did. You are the fucken reason EA does the things it does and why company's give no fucks about the PC market.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Do they turn a blind eye? Seems like a bad business practice to provide G2AShield if they allow fraudulent key sellers.
    Why is there no hate for eBay, Amazon, etc. ? Are there no scammers on there? Do they not get compensation on those fraudulent sales?

They bloc banned key. They sold keys to a legitimate distributor and then banned the keys because of the distributor's actions. Some of those were legitimate sales, that's why they got backlash.

"If they want to stop this, then they need to reinvent distribution of software licenses. "

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Look if people want to buy from G2A then whatever, But don't act like they are consumer friendly or bitch about somethnig EA did. You are the fucken reason EA does the things it does and why company's give no fucks about the PC market.
    WTF logic at its best.

Do they turn a blind eye? Seems like a bad business practice to provide G2AShield if they allow fraudulent key sellers.
    Why is there no hate for eBay, Amazon, etc. ? Are there no scammers on there? Do they not get compensation on those fraudulent sales?
    Why don't they provide buyer protection for free? Ebay and Amazon provide it for free you do realize this?

They bloc banned key. They sold keys to a legitimate distributor and then banned the keys because of the distributor's actions. Some of those were legitimate sales, that's why they got backlash.
    False. The keys they revoked where bought on EA's Origin store with stolen CCs, EA alerted Ubisoft letting them know and ubisoft revoked the keys. Get your story straight.

"If they want to stop this, then they need to reinvent distribution of software licenses. "
    Of course you cut out the entire rest of the post as you have no retort. Keep supporting a service which is an enabler for thieves to steal from developers, and keep wondering why PC is treated as a 3rd world by most developers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    All G2A is doing is - by it's very existence - demonstrating how the current licensing/key systems are pretty flawed.

They're not the ones stealing credit cards and buying keys in batches, or whatever other illegal activities are going on.
    They're the ones requiring you to buy a service to protect you from that, they are just as much thieves as the ones using fraud to acquire said keys.

If a guy ships you a broken PS4 from ebay, you don't have to pay Ebay to protect that purchase for you.

The very fact they're profiting off the illegitimacy of their market place is in itself thievery.

Beyond the fact that G2A is a front company, operated in Hong Kong by the same people who sold level boosts and gold in WoW before moving into this territory. Beyond the fact they still tried to sell LoL boosts. Ya, totally legit company right there.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-06-21 at 06:33 PM.

They're the ones requiring you to buy a service to protect you from that, they are just as much thieves as the ones using fraud to acquire said keys.

If a guy ships you a broken PS4 from ebay, you don't have to pay Ebay to protect that purchase for you.

The very fact they're profiting off the illegitimacy of their market place is in itself thievery.
    To add to this ebay will fully refund you and then seek there money back from the seller.

(The only time they won't is if the seller stated they are selling the ps4 as parts.)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Why don't they provide buyer protection for free? Ebay and Amazon provide it for free you do realize this?
    Revenue has nothing to do with it? They don't provide it for free because it happens at a lesser rate.

False. The keys they revoked where bought on EA's Origin store with stolen CCs, EA alerted Ubisoft letting them know and ubisoft revoked the keys. Get your story straight.
    Source please.

Of course you cut out the entire rest of the post as you have no retort. Keep supporting a service which is an enabler for thieves to steal from developers, and keep wondering why PC is treated as a 3rd world by most developers.
    Ok, lets post the rest for posterity.

Does my statement have anything to do with how they sell the product?

Source please.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ubisoft+stolen+keys+on+origin

Only about 10 pages full of sources for you. Google is hard.

Direct quote from Ubisoft you can find in all of said pages of articles.

In this case, we confirmed activation keys were recently purchased from EA's Origin store using fraudulent credit card information and then resold online. These keys may have been deactivated. Customers who may have been impacted should contact the vendor where they purchased the key for a refund
    This was common knowledge you tried to claim was bullshit. Clearly you should not be discussing the matter at all.

Source please.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...n-credit-cards
    here's been a new development in the ongoing Ubisoft key deactivation saga, with third-party key seller Kinguin claiming an unidentified Russian is to blame.
    Also they said
    In an email exchange with Eurogamer following Ubisoft's initial statement on the matter, Kinguin chief marketing officer Bartłomiej Skarbiński accused Ubisoft of having "no legal basis" for its action.
    Going to sit here and laugh at the bolded atm.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-21 at 06:48 PM.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...n-credit-cards

Also they said

Going to sit here and laugh at the bolded atm.
    Now his next reply will be that kinguin is not G2A because he refuses to click on and read entire article.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ubisoft+stolen+keys+on+origin

Only about 10 pages full of sources for you. Google is hard.

Direct quote from Ubisoft you can find in all of said pages of articles.

This was common knowledge you tried to claim was bullshit. Clearly you should not be discussing the matter at all.
    lol. When you ask for a source, this is the sassy response you get. So lets go back to my statement:

So Ubisoft got backlash for revoking fraudulent keys that were bought on Origin. Source please?

So Ubisoft got backlash for revoking fraudulent keys that were bought on Origin. Source please?
    You just got linked multiple sources by multiple posters.

I think at this point you're done.

If your not going to read the links why even comment.

You just got linked multiple sources by multiple posters.

I think at this point you're done.
    If your not going to read the links why even comment.
    Thanks for proving my point. So there was backlash and some of those were legitimate sales. Which makes this whole tangent argument you started, null. Did they not sell those keys to a legitimate distributor? Did they not get backlash for banning legit end-user keys?
    Last edited by Woogs; 2016-06-21 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks for proving my point. So there was backlash and some of those were legitimate sales. Which makes this whole tangent argument you started, null. Did they not sell those keys to a legitimate distributor? Did they not get backlash for banning legit keys?
    Here is a reddit thread you can read about it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...ked_keys_from/

The only keys they revoked was from unauthorized resellers. Once again if you read the links provided to you then you would know this.

Thanks for proving my point. So there was backlash and some of those were legitimate sales. Which makes this whole tangent argument you started, null. Did they not sell those keys to a legitimate distributor? Did they not get backlash for that?
    If you think the mental gymnastics approach is going to win you this argument you're wrong.

1) Where is your source for any of the keys being legit
    2) The keys where bought with fraudulent credit card purchases on Origin, and Ubisoft took action against the exact keys EA reported to them where bought in such a manner.

So, where is your source that they banned legitimately bought keys? Where is your source that EA lied and they weren't bought fraudulently. For someone who played the "source plz" card, you sure like talking our of your rear and providing none of your own.

If you think the mental gymnastics approach is going to win you this argument you're wrong.

1) Where is your source for any of the keys being legit
    2) The keys where bought with fraudulent credit card purchases on Origin, and Ubisoft took action against the exact keys EA reported to them where bought in such a manner.

So, where is your source that they banned legitimately bought keys? Where is your source that EA lied and they weren't bought fraudulently. For someone who played the "source plz" card, you sure like talking our of your rear and providing none of your own.
    I can provide anecdotal evidence, which isn't worth much.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/gene...4-key-1763516/
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubi.../1100-6424917/
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubiso...d-471969.shtml

Why did people shit on Ubisoft?
    Last edited by Woogs; 2016-06-21 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks for proving the point, after the backlash from gamers such as yourself who defend a shady black market of gaming sales Ubisoft reinstated the keys for good will.

Do you even read what you link? I mean it's one thing to not read what others link you, but you don't even read your own "sources"?

Why did people shit on Ubisoft?
    Because they no longer had a game they bought from a unauthorized Reseller/Seller.

G2A has never been a authorized seller and even some company's (devolver digital) will go out of there way to shutdown keys from G2A and sites alike.

Thanks for proving the point, after the backlash from gamers such as yourself who defend a shady black market of gaming sales Ubisoft reinstated the keys for good will.

Do you even read what you link? I mean it's one thing to not read what others link you, but you don't even read your own "sources"?
    I did. So they decided to legitimize some keys knowing that they were ALL fraudulent keys. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. This is a tangent argument in this thread anyways. Have a good one.