Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Great, this thread again

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i dont belive that here. i played beta. and i am an altoholic as well. i am sure as hell you will not have 2 x 95% offspec wpns on your main, and also wont reach with 10 alts. if you get that, than you can really call yourself hard and out-of-boredom-ever
    Hm, I don't know, was it 80% for offspec? They said something about it in one of the interviews. But that's fine with me too, 80% on offspec and, what, 50% on alts?

What I mean is, most people don't raid or PvP, so for most people it won't matter that their offspec and alt's weapons are not at 95%-100%. Their weapons and gear aren't mythic quality now either. My alts are varying from 590 to 685, depending on how much I've played them after leveling. People with a lot of alts hardly ever have them all decked out and ready to raid, that's not the point anyway.

And people who have offspecs and alts now that they actually raid with, will be able to get their artifact good enough to raid with in Legion, too. They spend a lot of time on their chars now and they will then.

1)
    you can tmog your artifact under existing rules. thats why i say ppl SLOWLY realize that. no shadows with sraffs, no 2 x 1 hand warriors, no enhancer wuth fist wpns, no...
    Fury requires a 2h weapon to perform attacks now so that's not really a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Great, this thread again
    This.

tenchars

"Spends a week in the BEEETTTTAAAAA and knows what's best and the worst things for the game" Oh okay. Yes, the game isn't going to be the most friendly thing for people that want to farm out hundreds of hours on alts to try to keep them as well geared as one's main. Probably because most people I know don't have multiple alts that well geared.

Weapons have forever been the most god awful RNG issues in this game. Weapons made or broke warriors heavily for arms and fury both, and when your BiS is ALWAYS (WHY BLIZZARD WHY?!?!) on the last boss, you had a hump of a difference to you until you got it.

Also, I can't take you serious with your god awful grammar attempts. You said you're on a phone...auto correct.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and item number 2712 enter the competition for "worst idea ever" apparently beating the garrison, no flying, flying, Pandaren, Tauren paladins, old talents, new talents, the tokens, BMAH, LFR and LFG (to name a few)
    Everything is the worst ever!
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    The system will generally fail for certain and it will never go forward to the next expansion in this state, and I expect a nerf to it. The problem resides on the fact we didn't really need spec-progression since class-progression is already quite excessive, so we do get a good benefit from having spec-Lore but we truly never needed or asked for spec-restricted-progression. The solution I have in mind is elegant because they could give all the artifact power to all specs simultaneously (and nerf the total speed of progression if that would be considered too fast) and give relics charges so they can be multi-specced because an irony here is that they punish people unecessarily that want to play multiple specs and they reward all those that never wanted to change spec and now they will have the perfect excuse to never switch.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-06-21 at 07:29 PM.

Totally disagree with OP. In the beta and I love the idea of artifacts. Yes, there will be some issues but there can also be tweaks to make those issues less problematic.

Deleted
    The excessive optimism about the system will go down the drain when a disc priest must become shadow in the middle of the expansion, having spent nothing on shadow because she thought she will never play it, having now 0 progress on it, while she has spent thousands upon thousands of points on an unused spec. The system must be nerfed excessively or just be changed. I don't like the idea of nerfs, so they should just design it better, i.e. with class-wide progression only.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowTang View Post
    Stop complaining, the artifact system is a fantastic idea.
    Said people about Garrisons prior to WoD being released.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Im looking forward to it. Chances are; they will be cookie cutter, but doesn't stop me looking forward to it.

So much hate in the Warcraft world these days. People are obsessed. Like Makems obsessed with the Toon.

It is just sad if people insta-judgement any new idea. Give it a fucking chance. People really wanna play the same game forever without any change? Now THAT would be the worst idea ever unless it is the old "play with your noodle" game. And even that can be improved by "Let somebody else play with your noodle"

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah..and said people about Blood elves for Horde, Shamans for Alliance or the invention of trains and the telephone.
    And blood elves and shamans turned out to be terrible ideas. I'm glad we can agree.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    My only complaint is how you're fucked if you start off rolling DPS and a Tank decides to go AWOL and you find yourself as the guild new Main tank with no AP in your Artifact.
    True, but with the stated fact that AP will accrue faster each week the expansion is live, this will become a much smaller concern as time goes on. They can also adjust how quickly it builds up to alleviate these concerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would raids still drop weapons in legion? like for transmog or catch-ups like they did with cloaks in SoO.

It is just sad if people insta-judgement any new idea. Give it a fucking chance. People really wanna play the same game forever without any change? Now THAT would be the worst idea ever unless it is the old "play with your noodle" game. And even that can be improved by "Let somebody else play with your noodle"

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah..and said people about Blood elves for Horde, Shamans for Alliance or the invention of trains and the telephone.
    Exactly. I don't think the way weapons currently work is a good system. In BRF I got my BiS weapon off the easiest boss in the instance. Some people got theirs off the hardest boss. In ICC I was stuck using the axe from Pit of Saron on my DK because Bryntroll literally didn't drop once for months. Having so much power tied up in such a huge variable just sucks.

Maybe this iteration of the Artifact system isn't the perfect solution, but it's at least an improvement.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Most of the OP's points are way overblown. The transmog issues are absolutely things that should be looked at, I've felt that way long before Artifacts were a thing.

Beyond that regarding alts and offspecs, I'm fairly sure the more-AP-per-week mechanic isn't actually in the beta yet, and a large amount of AP items are still scaled based on the old numbers. Lots of things give 10-20AP and aren't effected by Artifact Knowledge, I have to assume this is a bug or an oversight. Even with that I'm not finding it too hard to keep up on multiple specs, one will be slightly less developed but most of the traits aren't really that game breaking.

As for the boredom thing, your Artifact progression will probably slip into the background. Sort of like upgrading your class hall. It'll take a while and you won't think about it too often.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, i played beta. and looked at all the stuff online. all nice and fine.

atrifact weapons also... in theory. but in reality its the worst idea ever. even if they have catch ups, this system is bad as hell. as soon as Legion is live for 2-3 weeks, the masses will check that, and the outcry will be furios.

the whole idea to link this system to an active item, and foremost an important like weapons, is horrible.

why ?

linking a system like this to waepons means:

1) transmog horrorthis has allways been a thing so yeah, if you ever just go "ok here i got a weapon 50 ilvl higher.... but it wont let me use my awesome transmog staff.... so nah i will sell it..." yeah no....
    you have no chance the whole xpac to get a weapon that is transmoggable to your beloved style. lets say you are a shdow priest and like the style of staffs. whole Legion no chance for you and a staff. ppl slowly realize this (look at all the existing threads). it is horrible.

2) early descissionsgetting the early artifact points is super easy, stuff costs like 100-1000 at max, and that is super easy
    you have to make descissions at some point in the game, were you cant make that descissions. you start leveling and have to know your spot in raids or what you wanna do in endgame content. or you loose time. a lot. there are many guild out there, not knowing how much tanks etc they will have. look at the existing threads. horrible.

3)
    boredomthe catch up mechanics dont work on the beta so shut up, each week EVERYONE will get a % increase on artifact power, and you will get research notes, increasing it even more, every other day, so leveling artifacts for alts/offspecs will become super easy later
    you will burn out if you ever try to max a second spec. you never will max a third. and you will loose all your interests in gettin a second high end alt or alts in general.

4)
    altsgo back to my last retort....
    even with catchups, you will hate alts in Legion. if you ever thought "oh noes, not ALL that legendary shit again" while gettin a second alt to max power, you will simple not have any alts in Legion. its brutally horrible.

5)
    pure dpsuhh... what do i even say here...? again, catching up your alt specs will be suepr easy as research notes will increase yoru artifact growth, and part of your main choices you will have to make is "do i do 1 choice in my main, or 5 in my offspec"
    with artifact weapons, pures become totally useless. the most interessting fact in pures, is to be ultra flexible and customizable in raid fights. since your other specs have max 80% artifact weapon power after catchup (like blizz said 1 week ago), its useless to play a pure. you are even MORE pure, when you play i.e. a ret paladin, because this is his only dps spec, so blizz have to look that he is all around working. an example: lets say you are a frost mage. and frost sucks on 70% of the fights ? what you do ? ofc, blizzard will say (as always) "but you have fire and arcane as alternatives.". they cant say that to a ret or a shadow. so, rollin a pure is gambling in Legion. thats horrible.

6) what? i dont even know this one for real... you mean balancing has never been a issue?
    cause of 5, blizzard push themselfes into a situation, where they have to look at balancing and balance specs way more often and carefully. thats the opposite what they want. so its also horrible for them. ofc they will not do when the managment decides "no time". and the players are the fucked ones. totally horrible.

7)
    raid organizationlol yeah no....
    every flexible raid aspect you had in the past, like players with 2 mains, players with 2 maxed out specs etc, to be flexible in your raids, are lost. horrible.

there are another 4-5 points, but i stop here.

the whole thing of linking a system like this to a weapon is the worst idea i ever saw. if you think about for 2mins into the future, you realize that. in my oppinion blizzard wanted to do something "cool" and also save money and thought "lets do 1 cool wpn for each class so we can blend with cool looking items and have nit to design 100s of wpns". they started and didnt look further.SAVE MONEY!? WHAT!? "not have to design 100s of weapons" you do know this expansion has give us the highest amount of weapon models BY FAR OF ANY OTHER (not counting vanilla, they are about the same as vanilla had 5 year dev time)

its absurd content/time stretching by blizzard, to let you level your artifacts for every spec of your char. even with catchup. at the same time they make triple spec possible. what is even more absurd and totally goes straight in the opposite direction. imo they just want to stretch things and let farm ppl as long as they could, to save effort, time and money. long term goals and stretching is ok. but not this way. yes, farming,getting gold, colelcting gear is all fine to be grindy, but not this

longterm it is just bad. you can quote me, if Legion is over. if more than 10-15% liked the artifact weapon after Legion, you get all my gold yes, because only 15% of people will enjoy a cool customizeable weapon that has to do with the lore of the spec, and is rather interesting to play and build with

ps: this is written on my smartphone. caps lock or shift is problematic there. so, no caps are used or i had not wrote it. sorry for that. also sorry for my english. i am not a natuve english speaker.
    My additions are in bold, but i gotta say, these are some of the stupidist arguments ive seen towards artifacts...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    You've never spoken to a raider in your life if you believe we want 30 bosses in even 1 raid. I want everyone to stop misrepresenting us, but that's never going to stop the official forums from doing so.
    Bwahaha, I was exaggerating. I'm a raider.

Quote Originally Posted by RayahP View Post
    Bwahaha, I was exaggerating. I'm a raider.
    Got me, cards on the table though, there's a lot of people who think this is the truth >_>
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Love the artifact idea. No more worrying about weapon drops from raids/boxes etc.