Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well its not something youre supposed to be able to complete in the first month of play. Those who think they have to be 100% optimal at all times are not going to be having a very good time this expansion. Especially those who are used to only logging in on raid days.

With the AK grind, the AP grind, the CR grind, random Legendaries, random titanforged drops with astronomically small proc rates? Legion is going to be a high-maintenance xpac by design.

As a 847 I level mage on beta I can say with 100% certainty that AP is not the road block for switching specs, relics are really hard to find, for example after a week of grinding ap for my fire spec (switching from arcane), my fire artifact is 2 ap levels behind my arcane which is pretty negligible but its 100 i levels behind...which as you can imagine really hurts the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    I think it is good that people are pushed towards focusing on one spec/role, increase the quality of their performance.
    People can be good at multiple specs, classes, and roles without the burn out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    He're an example, Legion launches and I level my Paladin Prot while upgrading my artifact sword/shield and then at max level and the first raid is about to launch and we have too many tank classes. I do not mind swapping to Ret and tanking as a back up. What can i do to boost my weapon back up to catch up with my Prot artifacts? Can I get the AP Refunded?
    You will have to take an active choice when you start out your character in Legion. If you think the new raid is gonna need you as a tank, then you will have to roll tank. Luckily, if you find out, that your guild have many tanks, then there is a period, before the opening of the raids, where you can train up another artifact weapon, but undtil then, you get what you choose

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Yet nothing stops them from burning out. You just have to play your character a little bit before they are ready for raiding.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is good that people are pushed towards focusing on one spec/role, increase the quality of their performance.
    Exactly, as the saying goes "Jack of all trades and master of none" I think this time around they are trying to get folks to dedicate more time to one spec.. Which how it used to be for a long time even though you could change specs it was time consuming in doing so..

Though with the introduction of dual spec in patch 3.1.0 during WoTLK that all changed and in a way watered down the skills of the player in a way..

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be nice if they added a high taxing option as in a rare Boe item that good sell for a good chunk of gold that refunds a % of AP and resets the talents.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Exactly, as the saying goes "Jack of all trades and master of none" I think this time around they are trying to get folks to dedicate more time to one spec.. Which how it used to be for a long time even though you could change specs it was time consuming in doing so..

Though with the introduction of dual spec in patch 3.1.0 during WoTLK that all changed and in a way watered down the skills of the player in a way..
    With this system, even if you do switch spec, you have to spend a lot more time in that spec, before you can jump into real raiding. This might give us some better players, since people aren't just switching into the best of their specs and then jump head first into raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

it would be nice if they added a high taxing option as in a rare Boe item that good sell for a good chunk of gold that refunds a % of AP and resets the talents.
    But if blizzard did that, they might aswell just give you an item, which reduces the amount of AP needed to level up artifact items, who are lower then your main artifact. Since you can get all talents, there is no reason to ever make an item to reset talents.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Perhaps for a few people? Those of us that have had the same main for years just find it to be an extreme nuisance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Perhaps for a few people? Those of us that have had the same main for years just find it to be an extreme nuisance.
    Why is it a special nuisance, when you have only 1 character?

Maybe i should just roll an DPS only class...

that's even worse you know since pure dps classes most likely wont be able to raid with just 1 spec seeing as stuff like assa and sub has literally no aoe dps.

if you dont want to worry about artifact just roll a hybrid dps class like ret or balance

He're an example, Legion launches and I level my Paladin Prot while upgrading my artifact sword/shield and then at max level and the first raid is about to launch and we have too many tank classes. I do not mind swapping to Ret and tanking as a back up. What can i do to boost my weapon back up to catch up with my Prot artifacts? Can I get the AP Refunded?
    Currently on beta there is an option to respec your artifact weapon, but I have not personally tried it and imagine it would have some sort of cost penalty for doing so. They have, however, already said there will be a catch up mechanic in place starting week one of release that either increases AP gain or reduces costs, don't remember which. That being said, the artifact weapon is meant to be a timesink and not something you will max out by 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Then it should be pretty simple for you.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    that's even worse you know since pure dps classes most likely wont be able to raid with just 1 spec seeing as stuff like assa and sub has literally no aoe dps.

if you dont want to worry about artifact just roll a hybrid dps class like ret or balance
    i was reffering not having roll tank or Heals because we are short.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Currently on beta there is an option to respec your artifact weapon, but I have not personally tried it and imagine it would have some sort of cost penalty for doing so. They have, however, already said there will be a catch up mechanic in place starting week one of release that either increases AP gain or reduces costs, don't remember which. That being said, the artifact weapon is meant to be a timesink and not something you will max out by 110.
    Noted.

If i had access to beta I would know how the difficulty to Upgrade off spec Artifact items.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The respec cost is the same as the weapons next trait would cost. The deeper in you go, the more expensive it becomes. This means that people will have to decide ahead of time how they want to commit their AP. Better cleave, better aoe, better st, better defensives, etc. Yes eventually you may get them all, but it becomes devastatingly expensive to respec if you decide you misspent early on.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-06-21 at 07:34 PM.

A few patches ago they changed the curve for spending artifact power. Basically when you are leveling up your character to 110 the artifact power rewards remained low and the talents you can earn with that power remained cheap. Once you hit max level you start to get to the point were artifact points cost a lot of artifact power, but at the same time you start earning a lot more power from world quests and max level items. So in the case of OP, if you level up prot and realize at 110 you need to go ret, it should be pretty easy to do a bunch of world quests for the larger artifact power rewards and quickly level up your ret artifact to the current level of your prot weapon (assuming you decide to do it after you just hit 110).

Any artifact power you use on a second weapon is going to take away potential from your main weapon. At the same time, you aren't going to be sitting around waiting for RNG to give you a good weapon. You have the best weapon right from the start. IMO it kind of balances itself out a bit. Another ret paladins might have a slightly stronger weapon their yours if they don't use any offspec, but you have the flexibility to switch over to protection if something happens and you're prot weapon will be stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Those players are way too rare.