Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The accuracy matters when you're actually trying to hit something, but the stat itself isn't relevant, because Pharah is, indeed, an area denial character who can close off doorways and so on. I can't count the times I've gotten a full kill of someone who just ran straight into my rockets that I was just putting downrange to keep enemies at bay.
    Oh for sure, I do the area denial thing with choke points but I guess... I get lucky? My rockets almost always contact something. Guess it's because I'm decent at predicting movements behind walls and where they'll be and I don't like firing unless I know there's a good chance it'll hit something. Whereas my friend when he plays for example, we clear the team, there's no enemies in sight, yet he's still lobbing rockets through door ways when it'll be a good 10-15 seconds before anyone even gets close to it. His mindset is fire rockets constantly and never stop lol. And hey it works out for him generally as he does well on her but his accuracy is around 25% I believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion seems like a better Pharah counter than Roadhog. You go into the air with a Bastion in the vicinity, you die.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Bastion seems like a better Pharah counter than Roadhog. You go into the air with a Bastion in the vicinity, you die.
    Yeah but if you don't notice her right away all it's going to take is those few seconds to burst you down because you're a stationary target. But yes generally Bastion will counter anyone not paying attention but I specifically go Pharah to counter Bastions

Pharah is absolutely one of my favorite characters and she is very useful for disrupting enemy teams and taking full advantage of open spaces from the air. However, I have played against plenty of Pharah users that don't know what the hell they are doing. The just shoot where you are giving plenty of time to move, they Barrage by themselves and insta-die or they just float in one spot and get sniped.

I've been guilty of doing the same! But I learned.

You absolutely need to aim where you believe the enemy is moving and try for splash damage, once you play her for some time then you can get really good at timing your shots. When playing Attack I just try to be as disruptive as possible - If they are clustered up taking rocket shots is awesome, but if they are too well guarded it's best to try to shake them up with Concussive Blasts while focusing on turrets for your team to push. And NEVER Barrage alone!

On defense she's awesome for zoning out the enemy team and forcing people back, just need to make sure not to constantly expose yourself. I've had plenty of times where I have gotten to aggressive and was just focused down because of it(especially when I kept going in from the same spots).

She's also amazing as screwing up Reinhardt - I love jumping behind him and unloading. If the enemy team is there I'll conc them back so we can take down the big shield and wipe them out.

Plus conc shot in Nepal is the BEST!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what anyone says, I hate Pharo. The character is clearly overpowered after the Mccree/Widowmaker nerf. All of her counters she can avoid or even fight back and the characters she's good against can't even touch her.

And just being allowed to fly around on the map is the biggest advantage in the game. Pharo can basically just ignore the environment and fly over everything where she can just sneak around people. It's stupid. When she says "Aerial Superiority" she really means it because fighting above people and shooting down at them is much easier to do than the opposite.

She needs more characters that can counter her. That's how you nerf pharo without making her useless. They need to buff Hanzo and make him a legitimate threat to her. I also think buffing Zenyatta would be good too because he has the potential to counter her if his orbs were just better. I doubt he will get a buff though because Blizzard has this hard on for Lucio and Mercy as being the only support characters that matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

She needs more characters that can counter her. That's how you nerf pharo without making her useless. They need to buff Hanzo and make him a legitimate threat to her. I also think buffing Zenyatta would be good too because he has the potential to counter her if his orbs were just better. I doubt he will get a buff though because Blizzard has this hard on for Lucio and Mercy as being the only support characters that matter.
    Apparently every Zenyatta and Hanzo you play with are garbage if you think that is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Reinhardt is victimized by me. Pop in the air and shoot him in the back whenever I can without being sniped in the process. If he turns to block me, he exposes himself and his team to my team. If not, I kill him, or at least get some good damage on him.
    Putin khuliyo

I don't care what anyone says, I hate Pharo. The character is clearly overpowered after the Mccree/Widowmaker nerf. All of her counters she can avoid or even fight back and the characters she's good against can't even touch her.

And just being allowed to fly around on the map is the biggest advantage in the game. Pharo can basically just ignore the environment and fly over everything where she can just sneak around people. It's stupid. When she says "Aerial Superiority" she really means it because fighting above people and shooting down at them is much easier to do than the opposite.

Soldier: 76 my dude. Use small bursts to bring her down, move around and heal up as necessary. Her armor looks intimidating but might as well be made of paper mache.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait till ranked mode exposes how overtuned this character is. There's almost always one Pharo on each team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait till ranked mode exposes how overtuned this character is. There's almost always one Pharo on each team.
    Or you can, get this, counter her. 76 works pretty well against Pharah. Widowmaker too, if she's any good.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you can, get this, counter her. 76 works pretty well against Pharah. Widowmaker too, if she's any good.

When you play Rock Paper Scissors, don't attack Scissors as Paper. Attack Scissors as Rock.
    Putin khuliyo

I personally believe Pharah is the best offense hero by far now, but she's not overpowered.

If anything ranked mode is going to expose how overpowered a certain scientist is, especially if he pulls up with 2 others, assuming one hero limit isn't a thing.

McCree, Soldier 76, Pharah, Genji, Widowmaker can all counter Pharah.

Her knockback is really mediocre, and flying around is a deathknell against decent players.

Even DVa/Reaper counters her if they can get up close after Shift is on cooldown.

Deleted
    If I'm playing by myself against randoms, I can absolutely dominate with Pharah. I have a few friends who have put way, way more time into the game though (I'm lvl 25, they're 80-100-ish) - if I group up with them, I get matched against competent people. You literally can't do what you can do at lower skill levels, because those who have put the time into the game can effectively counter.

Really, no nerf is required. People just need to put the time in to learn what to do, as with so many other things in this game.