Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Somehow giving birth doesn't suddenly instill you with wisdom. There's a reason you don't get a PHD in child psychology handed out with the birth certificate.
    Are you trying to tell me that not only are half of the MMOC posters movie directors, game developers and lawyers but they've also child psychologists?

Not that I buy what most of them are selling anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    This forum is weird. I've seen a thread that was pages upon pages of people demonizing spanking but this lady just fucked up because she went a bit too far by leaving marks and breaking skin. Interesting.
    in other words, she messed up because she left evidence?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Humans carnally punished children for about 200,000 years.
    20 years ago it turned out we were doing it wrong and children are doomed because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    This forum is weird. I've seen a thread that was pages upon pages of people demonizing spanking but this lady just fucked up because she went a bit too far by leaving marks and breaking skin. Interesting.
    I know, its almost like when you go on the internet you'll find different people with different opinions.

That being said, this story is presented as a simple "cause and effect", when there's more than that.

#1. She broke the law. Any laws broken before that is irrelevant.

#2. She wasn't "preventing future statistics", an upbringing of violence begets future violence. Child abuse statistics have consistently shown this.

#3. If she wanted to 'teach them a lesson', turn them over to the cops. Juvenile courts are used to this sort of thing, and may be able to find a constructive way for the kids to make ammends.

Likely the mother whipped them with a cord because that was the closest thing she could find at the given moment. Doesn't seem like she gave the punishment a lot of thought before she acted- she just grabbed something and started swinging, possibly as a result of accumulated stress brought on by having three kids by age twenty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Are you trying to tell me that not only are half of the MMOC posters movie directors, game developers and lawyers but they've also child psychologists?

Not that I buy what most of them are selling anyways.
    No, I'm trying to tell you that being a parent or not has nothing to do with knowing the effects different methods of discipline generally have on children long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Sounds like a shit parent all around. Why were they trying to burglarize a house in the first place? That isn't normal behavior for teens, how did she raise them?
    They're black. Unless you understand urban ghetto development and public school system among those individuals you can't make wide generalizations like that. Not cool dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    They're black. Unless you understand urban ghetto development and public school system among those individuals you can't make wide generalizations like that. Not cool dude.
    Says the person making a generalization. lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Says the person making a generalization. lol
    Hmm, you're right. Fuck.

I will take 100 of these moms over the ones on the news who are defending their criminal children after they are arrested and put into the penal system and blame the circumstances of the society they grew up in for making them the way they are.

Anyways don't hit your kids, it makes them dumber, especially the really little ones. The good news is the damage is significantly less if they're older like these kids, even though you shouldn't do it anyways.

7+ Year Old Account
    If a grown adult strikes a child for any reason other than restraining them from hurting themself or someone else, that person is a pathetic P.O.S.

Inflicting physical pain to alter someone's behavior .... there's a word for that...starts with a t

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Then she shouldn't be having children if she can't raise them right.
    I do agree with you here but let's get real, this stuff happens. That being said, no parent enjoys having to do that stuff, as that old saying goes, "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you". That being said, she's doing this stuff now, so when the kids get older, they aren't still robbing people as adults. A lot of parents simply wouldn't give a shit, or maybe give the kid a lecture and that's it.

Oh please. I've gotten hit with a belt with studs in it when I was younger, and even with the buckle a few times. A few fucking cuts isn't a big deal as long as no permanent damage is done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    If a grown adult strikes a child for any reason other than restraining them from hurting themself or someone else, that person is a pathetic P.O.S.

Inflicting physical pain to alter someone's behavior .... there's a word for that...starts with a t
    So her behavior was justified then.
    If the kids continued that behavior, breaking into others homes, especially in america where homeowners often carry guns... Well you know.

My dad beat me once when i did something very bad.
    He never did it again, and i never did what i did again either.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    #3. If she wanted to 'teach them a lesson', turn them over to the cops. Juvenile courts are used to this sort of thing, and may be able to find a constructive way for the kids to make ammends.
    Or some over-zealous prosecutor decides to ruin their lives by making an example out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Somehow giving birth doesn't suddenly instill you with wisdom. There's a reason you don't get a PHD in child psychology handed out with the birth certificate.
    They shouldn't give PHDs in child psychology to people without children.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    She may have been excessive because the article says the children had lacerations. I am sure that is the only reason she was arrested. Had they not had lacerations, I would have no problem with her discipline of her children. Those children probably won't be burglarizing any houses any time soon though.
    They probably would more so because they might be lead to believe they're untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    #2. She wasn't "preventing future statistics", an upbringing of violence begets future violence. Child abuse statistics have consistently shown this.
    Abused children may be more likely to grow up violent. But, how many people who got spanked a few times as kids grew up perfectly normal?

Well, breaking the law to prove..breaking the law is ..bad....ehhhhhhhh
    Having said that..glad I will not have kids.

Deleted
    Black single mom raising the next generation of convicts.

Instead of beating them after commiting crimes she should have had abortions.