Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So about Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms!

So i just started levelling with the last class i haven't touched since i started back in 2009. A Rogue.

I was going through all the quests again and i was thinking if we are ever going to get another cataclysm like expansion where they will update all the content and quests once again. I think they have a lot of content just serving as levelling zones with a lot of lore/achievements and other stuff to do. With the new feature in legion coming up, i'd think it'd be best to make all the zones max-level or the level your character is and utilise all the content. Imagine, every zone will be meaningful again and you'll have so many things to do! Plus all the new generation players will get to visit content as if they were back in their prime. Imagine all the raids being accessible again.

It's just a thought, i'm quite sure this mightve been brought up before. But i can't just stop thinking how much potential gameplay this game has and how much more it can offer. Sure it might take a really long time to get all of it working together, but at least blizzard should consider it. Creating an expansion with revamped world might make the game a LOT more interesting. It will appeal to both the community, the old school players as well as the new generation players as it will be still new/undiscovered content for them with a lot of older raids at the max level.

I hope this thought/idea comes across blizzard!

I always wanted blizzard to stick with existing zones, but they make each expansion new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    I always wanted blizzard to stick with existing zones, but they make each expansion new zones.
    Yeah and it just makes them forget about the vast content which is already there ingame.

Sigh. Doubt that they will ever update it again!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    With zone scaling and world quests hitting their debuts in Legion they could very well expand upon these features in order to bring people back into other zones, even if it may not be a part of the main story / content.

Yeah i'm really excited to hear about the zone scaling and world quests!
    I guess with timewalking implemented, they very well maybe heading to that direction. I certainly hope they are and maybe this time, even update Outland, Northrend as well while they are at it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate 60-70 leveling because Outland. I think Blizzard should place TBC/WoTLK zones in cavern of times and update them in game world. Of make NPC like in Blasted Lands what allow phase it between expansions.

Zone scaling? Oh look, infinitely recycled content. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Zone scaling? Oh look, infinitely recycled content. No thanks
    Infintely recycled content for the ones who have played it long enough, think about all the people who have joined after TBC or every other latest expansions. It's still an undiscovered place and storylines for them.

What's wrong to enjoy the storylines as they were with updated gameplay and quests?

It would be nice if they had a dedicated team to solely focus on updating the old content to current standards. For example, I would like to see a complete overhaul of the game to reflect the demonic invasion.

A grand overhaul would be needed indeed. It is a very odd experience to level from 1 - 60 with all the NPCs telling you about the succesful Northrend Campaign against Arthas and once you lvl 70 everyone is fearing the Lich King again.

Just put a Cavern of Time questline infront of each expansion and we're good to go. Generellay speaking I'd like one last zone revamp that works with zone scaling. Imagine all the zone redone again but this time you'll be ablte to experience them with your main, rather than a new toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    only if it's optional. some people like to go back and farm for old world transmog sets.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    With zone scaling and world quests I'd could imagine something like Swtor eventually implemented. Your level doesn't matter, every zone is 'current content' (your toon gets scaled down in level, but you retain higher level abilities). This allows you to level in whatever zone you like, without outleveling content.

Coupled with World Quests I think it has the potential to be pretty epic.

I would urge to revert back to some old content then however. Old Barrens and Stone Talon for the Horde, and Westfall, Duskwood and Redridge had a much better flow between them (with quests sending you back and forth and around). Such zone interaction would be great in a system with level scaling.

Similarly the old Zul prophecy quests and the old hillsbrad foothills / arathi / hinterlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    A grand overhaul would be needed indeed. It is a very odd experience to level from 1 - 60 with all the NPCs telling you about the succesful Northrend Campaign against Arthas and once you lvl 70 everyone is fearing the Lich King again.

Just put a Cavern of Time questline infront of each expansion and we're good to go. Generellay speaking I'd like one last zone revamp that works with zone scaling. Imagine all the zone redone again but this time you'll be ablte to experience them with your main, rather than a new toon.
    This exactly! I would be so hyped to such an expansion if they ever decide to make one. But yeah it'd be awesome to reuse all the old content and update them with the current models/graphics and questlines like legion. The amount of content it can have will become insane and i wouldn't even mind if they release contents in patches!

I had read about somewhere, maybe the '4ChanLeak' how the Legion is stopped by Nzoth as he devours them to regain power and when we come out of the Tomb of Sargeras, the azeroth that we know is doomed by Nzoths regained power. An old god expansion only with destruction. That'd be awesome.

This was quite interesting

I don't want an entire expansion focused on revamping 1-60 content. I think they should take it slow but steady, repairing what the Cataclysm destroyed, updating animals and textures for the zones. With the scaling mechanics, they could also start adding new content to old zones more regularly. I really enjoyed going back to the Northern Barrens in 5.3 of MoP, and seeing the zone so alive once more.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedacent View Post
    So i just started levelling with the last class i haven't touched since i started back in 2009. A Rogue.

I was going through all the quests again and i was thinking if we are ever going to get another cataclysm like expansion where they will update all the content and quests once again. I think they have a lot of content just serving as levelling zones with a lot of lore/achievements and other stuff to do. With the new feature in legion coming up, i'd think it'd be best to make all the zones max-level or the level your character is and utilise all the content. Imagine, every zone will be meaningful again and you'll have so many things to do! Plus all the new generation players will get to visit content as if they were back in their prime. Imagine all the raids being accessible again.

It's just a thought, i'm quite sure this mightve been brought up before. But i can't just stop thinking how much potential gameplay this game has and how much more it can offer. Sure it might take a really long time to get all of it working together, but at least blizzard should consider it. Creating an expansion with revamped world might make the game a LOT more interesting. It will appeal to both the community, the old school players as well as the new generation players as it will be still new/undiscovered content for them with a lot of older raids at the max level.

the general consensus at blizzard, and the community as a whole. is that while the revamp was cool, almost nobody actually cared about it or played through it so it was mostly a waste of time and not only was it a waste of time but it also removed just as much content as it added especially since at cataclysms launch wow was still having a massive turnover rate.

people have this notion that only 10 million people have ever played wow, but 100 million people have played wow not 10 million. wow was constantly losing players and gaining new ones and very few people actually played through each expansion continually.

i would say probably atleast 30% of people who have ever played wow have never been able to see and play in the vanilla zones.

which is why going forward theyve said theyre more likely to make instanced/phased versions of places instead of just changing shit
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I hate 60-70 leveling because Outland. I think Blizzard should place TBC/WoTLK zones in cavern of times and update them in game world. Of make NPC like in Blasted Lands what allow phase it between expansions.
    If they made lvl-scaling the right way, you could proberly lvl from 1-85 without even leaving Azeroth. I will agree, that Outland is showing its years, and with the update of 1-60 in Cata, Outland is just really a pain to get through, especially the first 4 lvls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't want an entire expansion focused on revamping 1-60 content. I think they should take it slow but steady, repairing what the Cataclysm destroyed, updating animals and textures for the zones. With the scaling mechanics, they could also start adding new content to old zones more regularly. I really enjoyed going back to the Northern Barrens in 5.3 of MoP, and seeing the zone so alive once more.
    It would be cool, if they could hire a new team, that was named the "X.5 team". This team just made updated content, which came as for example 7.1.5. These updates could bring nothing to the end game, but could improve some aspect of the game, whether it is zones, class leveling, textures or any other feature, who could very much use an update.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It would be cool, if they could hire a new team, that was named the "X.5 team". This team just made updated content, which came as for example 7.1.5. These updates could bring nothing to the end game, but could improve some aspect of the game, whether it is zones, class leveling, textures or any other feature, who could very much use an update.
    This sounds like an idea which could be implemented based on practicality. Slow and steady would be a good way to get things going, otherwise it just becomes a mess.
    I mean now i realize i went a little overboard with wanting all the areas revamped at one go, which i think won't be possible.
    But i really do hope, blizzard plan on updating the vast amount of content they have because the potential with zone scaling and new updated world quests/world bosses/older raids is just insane when you think about it.

Bumping this thread back, because blizzard needs to see this.

Give us our revamped Classic WoW with scaled classic zones please blizzard!!

Quote Originally Posted by ineedacent View Post

Zone scaling is absolutely a way they could save the old content and get people into it. And, with phasing, they can add new content as well, and "advance" zones as the player progresses.

Will they do it? We'll see. They have 10 years of content, just sitting there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post

It would be extremely complicated, but phasing could handle the dispartity in the lore - and, you could also force players to finish lower level content to unlock the new expansion zones - you have to get to Shadowmoon in Outland, to unlock Wrath, for example.

It won't be easy, but it could be done.