10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Too much love for Lebron not nearly enough for Kyrie. He made the most important buckets by far in games 5-7 when it mattered most.
    yeah i was actually wondering if kyrie was going to get mvp after the way he played in the most important game of the series because there were multiple points in game 7 where he was just on and curry and the opposing team just looked powerless to stop him. kids got handles and a sick crossover like no one else in the nba and takes these crazy shots off the dribble looking like a young Kobe. Except, you know... better.

I think the only point guard in the league that can guard him is Westbrook. Maybe John Wall.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    You are completely ignoring such things as different setups, different strategy, different playmaking, different timeline. You know better than that.

I'm not advocating either but arguments above are sophistry.

tldr; You can't really compare two different players from two different era. Let's compare Aristotle and Gandhi, shall we?
    Or at least wait untill both of them finish their careers.
    None of that really matters because all I'm doing is essentially comparing Scottie Pippen to Kyrie Irving. Scottie wasn't a break you down, get off his own shot (while isoed) type of a player, whereas Kyrie obviously is. Now Pip obviously brought way more to the table defensively than Kyrie, but I'm not sure what a different timeline has to do with my argument that when the Cavs really needed a bucket, they had 2 options, the Bulls had 1 (or at least one to start the Play, MJ -> Pax, MJ - Kerr, etc.).

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Something to keep in mind for these Finals against GSW:

LeBron:

Kyrie:

Kyrie was the better shot taker at range but LeBron's defense was borderline sublime. Played man and zone like he was Ed Reed.

I know it won't happen, but do you think the Cavs would take Durant for Love? And is he a good fit for the Cavs?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    I know it won't happen, but do you think the Cavs would take Durant for Love? And is he a good fit for the Cavs?
    The Cavs would do that faster than you typed that message. Would be difficult to pull off though, would have to be a sign and trade likely with OKC for Love and I think OKC would rather just have the extra cap space tbh, considering Love did not look like he was worth $22MM these playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    like he was ed reed.
    tha gawd...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Curious as to what will happen to Love. He played fairly well first 3 rounds, but then shit the bed in the finals. However in game 7 he managed to somehow have the best +/- in the game (+19). It's pretty clear now that Lebron (and his unreliable jumper) is best playing PF at this point in his career. That means Love/TT need to play center and since Lebron is going to take 40+ mins at PF in serious games there is only room for one of them to be a 20 mil a year starting center. Cleveland needs help at SF (especially with Jefferson gone) and Smith should be a backup guard at this point. What the Cavs really need is a couple of 3 and D players in the 2/3 position that can start with Smith and Shump playing backup. Lebron and Kyrie can handle the PG duties for 48 minutes a night by alternating their minutes. Thus the Cavs should look into trading Love or TT. I heard the Celtics were interested in Love, so I would try and make some sort of deal focusing on Love and Avery Bradley (solid Celtics 3 and D guy). Celtics get Love and Cavs get Bradley and a backcourt backup, with maybe a third team involved in exchange for a Celtics pick or two. I think that would work out for everyone involved.

Report: Derrick Rose traded to @Nyknicks for Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon & Jerian Grant (via @theVertical)

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sauce:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/06/...ose-to-knicks/

Insanity. Losing Lopez will hurt but this should give the Knicks something to build on moving forward no? What do the Bulls/Knicks fans think? Are the Bulls going to trade Butler too or are they going to build around him?

---

Shit's going off and Cleveland's parade ain't even over.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...81258211123200

Three-way deal with Atlanta, Indiana and Utah, with George Hill going to the Jazz, league sources tell @TheVertical.
    https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...80754043150336

Atlanta is sending guard Jeff Teague to Indiana as part of a three-way deal, league sources tell @TheVertical.
    https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...83184919126016

Sources: Utah is sending the No. 12 pick in Thursday's Draft to Atlanta as part of deal that sends George Hill to Utah, Teague to Indy.
    Going to be an interesting EC playoffs next year.

Utah is also going to be ridiculous defensively if they keep Hayward.
    Last edited by jregz; 2016-06-22 at 07:43 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goodbye, sweet prince.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is George Hill worth a number 12 pick?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Aside of the first 3 (4?) picks, I think its going to be awful draft. Hope I'm wrong.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Probably, I would think on average a starter caliber player like Hill from the 12th spot is a net positive. Steven Adams was the 12th pick for reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Buckeyenut88; 2016-06-22 at 09:09 PM.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a terrible trade for the Bulls. Why did they have to include draft pick. I'm not thrilled with the players they're getting back either.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good deal for the knicks. I think they'll make the playoffs next
    year.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not terrible for the Bulls either if they aren't ready to go full rebuild yet. Now you have the Jimmy vs. Derrick thing gone and Jimmy and Lopez to try and build around with a decent amount of cap space available with Jo and Pau coming off the books. Could possibly be enough room to make a run at Horford and if they get that that's at least a playoff team and not the embarrassment that was last year.

Stommped wtf is with your avatar how am I supposed to cope with this change. I'm still really not over your hockey signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    Report: Derrick Rose traded to @Nyknicks for Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon & Jerian Grant (via @theVertical)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    This is a good deal for the knicks. I think they'll make the playoffs next
    year.
    What?!?!?! Derek Rose to Knicks??? This isn't what I had in mind when we discussed Rose/Melo playing together when Melo was supposed to sign with Bulls.....

I don't know how to feel. Maybe Derek can be good and Knicks can get a third star to rise up the Eastern Conference ranks...On the other hand, I'm not sure I like used hand-me-down broken toys.

10+ Year Old Account
    New rumor says Knicks will make run at Joakim Noah. Knicks could also bring in Dwight Howard. Perhaps the Knicks can build a championship team with all the players the Bulls wanted but couldn't get.

Don't tease me El Plastico.