Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    For every homeless tank that can't find a guild because all spots are taken there's always a guy who tanks but doesn't want to... I wonder why.
    I have tanked since Wrath. I'm bored of it. That is why I am moving away from it. The homeless tanks you speak of are probably the ones who are incapable of actually tanking properly. That is the only time I see a tank homeless. Any tanks with any skill are swiped up instantly and held onto. Its only the bad ones who can't maintain a home.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Is anyone else struggling with this?..I had made my decision that I'd continue maining my Spriest..but then I saw the Boomie..then I saw the frost mage..then I saw Enhance..DK's..Locks..some of the specs have such cool new toys and some or the artifacts just look so rad/have such cool abilities. I just can't decide on a main toon (I'm not one that likes having lots of alts). How do we decide?!
    One of the biggest things that led to my severe "alt-itus" was reading the WC novels. There were SO many cool race/class combos in those books that I didn't already have, and even before I read those I loved trying out all the classes and stuff, the books really just pushed it even further. (Not to mention it caused me to waste a LOT of money on race changes...)

In every expansion I'd get all excited months ahead of time, and I'd decide on a new race/class that was going to be my main. I'd roll it, and stick with it until max level, then I'd always get bored and miss playing my ACTUAL main, and always go back to him regardless. Every single time. Literally. So in Legion I'm finally using logic and STARTING with my long-time main, instead of leveling some flavor of the week first instead. (Then if I really feel compelled to level more characters, I can focus on the less important ones later on).

Loving alts isn't always a bad thing. If you really want to spend a lot more time playing, and get even more out of your $15 a month's worth. (Not to mention lots of in game benefits too, just for having a bunch of max level chars.) Realistically though, I'm not going to be able to put as much time into as I used to, so I'm trying to cut back on alts. (Though I find leveling to be the most fun part of the game, so maybe I'll still spend all my time leveling alts and lack in the end-game department instead.) Excited not to have to spend hours getting a set of PVP gear though, especially if I'm planning on doing max level PVP on more than one class/character. Really like that PVP is going to be almost entirely skill based now, instead of having a huge stat based component as well. PVP is always better when it's just for the sake of PVP. Crushing noobs is always more rewarding when it's an equal playing field and you know that your skill alone is what let you win (and not your gear.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly solo play so my conundrum is whether I play a class like my mage or a class that I am able to heal or tank for faster queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I have tanked since Wrath. I'm bored of it. That is why I am moving away from it. The homeless tanks you speak of are probably the ones who are incapable of actually tanking properly. That is the only time I see a tank homeless. Any tanks with any skill are swiped up instantly and held onto. Its only the bad ones who can't maintain a home.
    I can understand you're bored and you want a change, but the second part of your statement is not true. There are way too many guilds that plain out refuse to recruit a tank or are 10 times more picky when it comes to tank recruits than dps or healers and will rather force a current member to reroll / respec than try out someone new for a tank. Like this other guy who said he played rogue but guild requests him to play blood dk in legion.

There was recently a thread where a guy asked how's legion because he wanted to come back to wow and roll demon hunter tank, when I noticed the thread there were already 2 pages of people telling him stuff along the lines "rofl being recruited as a tank, forget it bro".

I have nothing against people who want to reroll and try something different, only against guilds that want to prevent them from fulfilling these plans.

And yes, I tanked since Wotlk too but I had a break in MOP and in WOD I saw first and foremost how "tanks are swiped up instantly", no they're not, I was forced to play dps for majority of the expansion and I can't express how relieved I am to not have to dps again and go back to tanking. Okay I'm not world top material but I was never looking for a guild that was either.

And I can tell you, the lower I tried progress / rank wise the more prejudice and narrow mindedness I saw from recruitment officers I spoke to. The less questions I saw about "are you actually capable of tanking? are you reliable, dependable, don't dc or miss raids?" (what I think is most important quality of a tank in non cutting edge guilds) and the more along the lines "what's your ilvl and are you a fotm class?".

7+ Year Old Account
    Go druids! Their new forms are amazing and i want it all!!
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I am too, OP. I have tested 12 classes and I have no clue yet =( ... its the first time this ever happened since launch o.o

I feel you OP. I'm really struggeling to find out what I want to play So far holy priest or mistweaver looks really fun! Or resto druid but I don't like playing any other race then belf :P Tho I probably have to stay holy pal because of my guild, which sucks. Doesn't look fun at all in Legion.

I am a serial swapper, I make a point to switch classes every expansion to give me a new fresh experience.

Warlock in Vanillia > tank Druid in BC > Resto / Enhancement shaman in WotLK > Rogue in Cata > Feral Kitty in MoP and Finally Elemental Shaman in WoD.

If I can give one piece of advice, unless your guild forces you to remember, you are not tied to a character for life, pick something that will both challenge and keep you engaged,
    I'm switching to Frost DK this expansion mainly because of the artifacts, I loved the idea of frostmourne since it was introduced in WC3 and being able to forge a set of blades from its remains are just amazing.

Hoping to stick with my hunter, if I cant get a setup thats viable and fun I will reroll I guess. Going to roll a DH just for the hell of it, if its fun and viable I might play it as an alt if hunters are fuun, otherwise I might play it as a main. Really hard to decide pre-7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by rykon1459918 View Post
    If I can give one piece of advice, unless your guild forces you to remember, you are not tied to a character for life, pick something that will both challenge and keep you engaged,
    Yep it's lame if a guild forces you... My current guild has a reroll thread on guild forums and in most cases people don't switch or switch within the same role (like holy paladin > resto shaman etc.) so I don't really know why would a specific person be denied changing a class if they keep the same role (no disturbance to raid team comp) and they think their old class is getting worse or another class performs better.

Many people feel some Legion changes make their class not "their" anymore. Because too much changed. Especially changes to holy paladins, mw / bm monks, disc priests and survival hunters make them not the same spec any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I can understand you're bored and you want a change, but the second part of your statement is not true. There are way too many guilds that plain out refuse to recruit a tank or are 10 times more picky when it comes to tank recruits than dps or healers and will rather force a current member to reroll / respec than try out someone new for a tank. Like this other guy who said he played rogue but guild requests him to play blood dk in legion.

There was recently a thread where a guy asked how's legion because he wanted to come back to wow and roll demon hunter tank, when I noticed the thread there were already 2 pages of people telling him stuff along the lines "rofl being recruited as a tank, forget it bro".

I have nothing against people who want to reroll and try something different, only against guilds that want to prevent them from fulfilling these plans.

And yes, I tanked since Wotlk too but I had a break in MOP and in WOD I saw first and foremost how "tanks are swiped up instantly", no they're not, I was forced to play dps for majority of the expansion and I can't express how relieved I am to not have to dps again and go back to tanking. Okay I'm not world top material but I was never looking for a guild that was either.

And I can tell you, the lower I tried progress / rank wise the more prejudice and narrow mindedness I saw from recruitment officers I spoke to. The less questions I saw about "are you actually capable of tanking? are you reliable, dependable, don't dc or miss raids?" (what I think is most important quality of a tank in non cutting edge guilds) and the more along the lines "what's your ilvl and are you a fotm class?".
    I know a lot of guilds trust their own raid members vs a new guy coming in. However, in my experience, being in a guild who actually took the time to recruit tanks from outside our guild, most of them were just bad. I always had to cover for them and do more then my share. Guilds who will recruit outside of their raid for a new tank, keep good tanks they find. They are very rare and hard to find. I'm talking tanks who will communicate, do their role, are aware of everything, doesn't miss anything they are supposed to do and are just in general on it.

So, from my experience, tanks who just cannot find a permanent home are just crap tanks. No skilled tank is going to struggle to find a permanent home. Once they get in, the guild will keep them at all costs because a good tank is like a needle in a haystack.

That is actually why I had issues in WoD. I went warrior to dps as a gladiator because I love sword and board. Ended up tanking again despite changing mains because the other tank we had went heals and we didn't want to risk getting another bad tank vs using a veteran tank. So in Legion, I am going to go a pure dps class.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    For now, I will be rerolling boomkin for Legion. I was disc/shadow priest for WoD. I change every xpac usually, but I have always loved my boomie. There is going to be alot of melee in most raids, especially in the first tier. I expect alot of demon hunters, but also some of the changes to other melee specs seem to look alot of fun.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    I'm in the same boat, I'm a terrible altoholic. But I think you have to ultimately decide which role you want to play. Tank, healer or DPS.

You seem to be interested in DPS, which still leaves a lot of options. So narrow it down to either Ranged DPS or Melee DPS.

I'm a believer in the whole class fantasy deal. You might do insane damage as, say, a mage, but if you really enjoy necromancy and all of that jazz, go with Unholy DK. Your enjoyment of a class theme will often lean your playstyle preference to fit the fantasy you enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like most of you all thinks that it is impossible to have 2 or more characters because of AP.

Well wasn't that the same now when they need to get independent gear?

just because AP comes (which will increase AP income with Class Halls), why is it not possible to have more than one character?

Deleted
    I was thinking Warrior at first, didnt like the new fury. Tried assassin/outlaw rogue but wasn't as fun as I thought they'd be. decided on unholy DK! Fun to play, does really good damage, cool artifact skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Well wasn't that the same now when they need to get independent gear?
    The difference is you can get boosted and fed gear to gear alt up fast, you cannot do that with artifact. I'm talking how it was in the past with alts of "we need this class for our team who can reroll" type not the "I play it casually on a side".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is entirely possible to have multiple characters researching Ak at one time, but unlike previous expansions you actually have to spend a significant amount of time playing those characters weekly to both farm AP and keep a supply of CR to fund your class hall (including Ak research). The days where you log in an alt to run a single raid or a couple dungeons then shelf it until next week are over.

Alts are significantly higher maintenance now. But still doable for the determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Guilds who will recruit outside of their raid for a new tank, keep good tanks they find. They are very rare and hard to find. I'm talking tanks who will communicate, do their role, are aware of everything, doesn't miss anything they are supposed to do and are just in general on it.
    Well the same can be said about any role.

It's hard to find a dps who pushes good numbers and doesn't stand in the fire and can do extra tasks and can be vocal about it when needed (like interrupt order or xul black hole soaking order etc.)

It's hard to find a healer who spot heals correct people to save lifes instead of just padding HPS and doesn't stand in the fire and can be vocal about healer cooldown rotation and can be on toes when it comes to things like dispels (iskar bomb, correct marks on council etc.)

Any guild leadership with some sense in their heads will keep their most brilliant and skilled players unless they severely lack in other departments like not showing to raids or making drama.

Any semi-hardcore guild will always have the brilliant players, the average ones and the ones that barely pass (low guilds will have players that need to be purely carried and top notch guilds will only have really good players and not mediocre ones ofc.)

But I'm talking about this kind of prejudice you say - if a guild recruits a mage, rogue or resto shaman they don't immediately worry "and what if he's crap?" You just check if they present hope, try them out, promote them if they pass the quality bar and demote them if they don't.

Anyway, good luck with your dps class, hope you find it enjoable (a lot of people seem to complain about legion class design, any class). Personally I'm more worried about pure dps because historically they used to need to switch specs depending which one was better because of either encounter design or medium term nerfs / buffs, and in legion, due to artifacts, that will be limited.

7+ Year Old Account
    Coming back for Legion, toss up between Warrior(fury or arms, maybe prot) and Hunter(BM but maybe Surv)
    Warlock and Death Knight are distant 3rd and 4th but still

Funny to see theres more people with the same issue I do.

I played since vanilla and have build up huge nostalgia with my Shaman. Yet after reading the novels, playing game like Diablo 3 and ESO. I really like the Paladin.
    So mid WoD my guild allowed me to re-roll to Retribution Paladin. Feeling truly like a beast, loving the lore and class fantasy. Geared it to 740ilvl and enjoyed it.

After I played allot of beta I found on Retribution is not quite to my liking... it feels ... weird, and im in a fight picking a new main instead.

Enhancement truly is a beast yet after 11 years... I'm quite done with Shaman entirely... I think??

I truly wanna like Retribution yet I don't. So I think about going holy and see how it turns out. Or perhaps re-roll someone way different?

Perhaps im only seeing Paladin and Shaman as my to go class because im best at it, and it has the highest ilvl for now?