Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    are you talking about actually playing the specs or just the talent trees etc? if the latter then I don't exactly see your point considering everyone just went with the same talent tree in 99% of cases and if they didn't then it was just because people sucked at the game back then as I'm sure every raider on these classic realms runs with almost identical talent trees.

if you actually consider spamming frostbolt for 10 minutes on a fight as complex then I'd love to see your experience in the current game.
    Not everyone had 99% same talent trees, in fact that thing came after they butchered the talent tree system in MoP and everyone just copy pasted specs, also funny thing is i never saw Frostbolt spam until later expansions after talent trees have been butchered and major spells/talents were given passively to people who speced into Frost tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

No thank you. REALLY, NO THANK YOU.

What an horrible suggestion, holy hell.

Deleted
    this is what happens if you give every retard the possiblity to say what he thinks

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    My ideal number of abilities is two full action bars (twenty four buttons) of rotational abilities, cooldowns, activated items, and niche abilities (flavor buttons). Then you have another action bar for your mount or mounts, professions, hearthstones, teleportation items or abilities, and whatever else you want on a bar.
    This is pretty much what I currently have on Prot Warrior, and agree.

This as a sort of "maximum", and a bit less for simpler specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want WoW to come to console don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    There is a reason you guys are the final million (or two) active subscribers to WoW.
    Finally, a voice of reason. Despite all the absolute design clusterfucks, missteps, and content pacing issues this game has had over years of expansions, the number of buttons is the primary reason that people leave.

It stems from a particular branch of game design which was prevalent in the late 90s and early 00s, and which grew popular mostly because of technical limitations at the time rather than its inherent qualities.
    When has fewer buttons ever been a technical limitation exactly?

Games like Overwatch and the Witcher 3 do just fine with fewer buttons.
    Games like Gran Turismo do just fine with a steering wheel and gas pedal. Maybe WoW should have more vehicles.

Horde

What ho,

Skill prune 2.0 is almost here, and with it lots of familiar skills, talents and glyphs are being removed or altered. Good riddance, I say. In prune 3.0, whenever that happens, they should take it even further in my opinion. A system can have a lot of complexity and flexibility without being cluttered. I think they should aim for the following numbers per specialization:

• 5 active abilities (skills and spells that you use)
    • 5 passive abilities (skills and spells that function in the background and require no input)

Then you could remove the skillbars from the game and instead have it play like a modern RPG, coupled with the new action camera. On top of this, a whole new market would open up on console.

Naturally, there can still be a ton of complexity and class customization behind the scenes. Skills can be manipulated and altered using glyphs or skill points, and specializations as well as talents can still provide an additional layer of skill customization.
    Yes this is 100% your opinion which we all have the right to state. My opinion on that is I would be pretty disgusted if I ever found out Blizz did this to WoW. Like many of the post here already say, play Diablo if you are just wanting 5 action spells. Do you not like variety?? Sure, back before the prune it was a bit spell clutter and could be overwhelming for new players. However, it really allowed room for customization AND situational adaptation in both PvP and PvE. It would get pretty boring if a spec was limited to 5 primary spells. As it is right now, most rotations already consist of just 5 primaries. The other "clutter" spells can be used as situational.
    I play a DK. Before the re-work of "Outbreak" it was pretty much a spell to get all of your diseases on the target with one cast.
    You probably did not need it. It was very useful in some situations though. A lot of players do like the ability to adapt with spells that are not necessarily part of the main rotation, but are sitting there patiently until the time comes where it is relevant.

I was slightly disappointed with the first prune. However, it did not change things too drastically. I believe if there is another prune it should be very light. They already cleaned up a lot. Wotlk was a prime with the complexity and individuality to the classes when it came to talents and spells and I loved it.

WoW will never be console
    My eyes bled when I read that. Could you imagine how terrible that would be? Why on earth would you ever want to play this game on a console? Hell, as it is I was NOT okay when I heard diablo 3 was going on console. PC always offers more when it comes to games.
    I mean, look at diablo 3. Did you notice that whenever a patch comes out on PC. It takes like 5 more months to come out on console? And it looks horribly care bear'ed. BUT this is a WoW topic not diablo. Playing PvP or PvE on a controller sounds like the worst way to run into fire AoEs..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    also funny thing is i never saw Frostbolt spam until later expansions after talent trees have been butchered and major spells/talents were given passively to people who speced into Frost tree.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zzxowtW0Rg&t=1m23s

ahh

yet again you're talking about people playing vanilla back in 2004-2006, failing to realize that in general players were horrible back then. if you go onto a 100% blizzlike vanilla private server nowadays you'll quickly notice that every raider is running almost the exact same talent tree for each boss/raid.

i'm still interested in your current wow experience though

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    This as a sort of "maximum", and a bit less for simpler specs.
    Of course. I see Hunter with about a bar and half full of the rotational, cooldown, and niche abilities instead of my preferred two bars full.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    seems you can't be serious about this though, some things needed pruning (imo) but some things were fine and give more depth to classes whilst keeping them unique.
    If serious, I hate prune2.0 with a flaming passion, and my personal belief is that "less is more" is the worst design philosophy ever happened to WoW.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    You want WoW to come to console don't you?
    Ironic, considering FF14 is on console and has more abilities/buttons in use for most of it's classes when compared to classes in WoW.

One button should be enough so, that it would automatically change to dmg, heal, taunt, dispell or active mitigation

Deleted
    I jokingly said that next expansion would be a console release as a worst case scenario, I just hope the OP is trolling..

that or someone better phone the folks with the white van and sleeveless jackets

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    I jokingly said that next expansion would be a console release as a worst case scenario, I just hope the OP is trolling..

that or someone better phone the folks with the white van and sleeveless jackets

i've always felt like Blizzard are listening to such a trolly feedback like its actually not a troll

so they will probably think that its what ppl actually want.. no wonder why this game is going downhill

10+ Year Old Account
    When you take a look at other simplified MMOs and the like, they have few action slots, but a SHIT ton of abilities available. You can only use a certain number of the abilities at any one time, but you have a huge amount of variance.

And, to me, that gameplay sucks. If you want that gameplay, get your ass to a different MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

What ho,

Skill prune 2.0 is almost here, and with it lots of familiar skills, talents and glyphs are being removed or altered. Good riddance, I say. In prune 3.0, whenever that happens, they should take it even further in my opinion. A system can have a lot of complexity and flexibility without being cluttered. I think they should aim for the following numbers per specialization:

• 5 active abilities (skills and spells that you use)
    • 5 passive abilities (skills and spells that function in the background and require no input)

Then you could remove the skillbars from the game and instead have it play like a modern RPG, coupled with the new action camera. On top of this, a whole new market would open up on console.

Naturally, there can still be a ton of complexity and class customization behind the scenes. Skills can be manipulated and altered using glyphs or skill points, and specializations as well as talents can still provide an additional layer of skill customization.

No just no horrible idea. Dont take this the wrong way but i assume youre a lfr raider or struggling with normal mode. Thats the only thing i can think off that would make you post this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question ought to be: why do you want many buttons?
    No, you're making a proposal... it's on you to explain why your idea is better than what we have now.

Why wouldn't op just find another game?

Unpopular opinion: prune 2.0 made the game better. Every spec is unique now. Prune 3.0 would fuck everything up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    Unpopular opinion: prune 2.0 made the game better. Every spec is unique now. Prune 3.0 would fuck everything up
    Uniqueness is great, but making it too simplistic isn't that good either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi