Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Thing is, I doubt any legit critisism will be seen as that, it will all be bashed from a "you are sexist" angle. THere have been other folks saying things like "if you dont like the New GB you must be a Trump supporter. They are the same people"

No cant be that we think the movie looks like shit, we MUST be Trumpers. Hear that MMO-C if you dislike this movie you support Trump.

Its bull shit, its ok to think a shitty movie looks like shit, even with an all Fem cast.
    Yea that's the unfortunate side of things. No matter what is written or said about the movie, people will just froth at the mouth and claim it's because they hate women, not actually trying to grasp the points being made.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I've seen a lot of hate for Rey though.
    What is this shit? Nobody can hate on Rey. Am I in some sort of parallel universe where my movie opinions aren't mainstream AT ALL???
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

It looks mediocre, and that's worse than being bad, apparently.

It's sad because all those women are incredibly funny in their own right, but this movie just looks cheap, dumb, and pandering. They honestly deserve better.

I'm surprised that people aren't offended by the black character who is a walking stereotype. They could have made her interesting, intelligent, pivotal instead they just milk her to appease...who exactly?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Rey was awful. Just awful. Jyn looks like she'll actually be a good female lead in Rogue One though.
    I loved Forest Whitaker's line in the tralier: " If you continue to fight, what will you become?" Maybe Jyn is an untrained Force sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    A remake with an all male cast would of got the same reaction to be fair. Some people just don't like remakes, especially if it's something from their childhood (look at the reaction to the TMNT movies).

I'll probably watch it because I like the cast.
    No it would be more akin to remaking Sex and the City with an all male cast and making Big instead be played by Paris Hilton(yeah I actually watched some of the movie shame on me).

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    A remake with an all male cast would of got the same reaction to be fair. Some people just don't like remakes, especially if it's something from their childhood (look at the reaction to the TMNT movies).

I'll probably watch it because I like the cast.
    IM one of those kids from the 80s/90s and I have to say, the new Turtle movie, was pretty fun. I think people forget they are watching a live action cartoon, they get all critical about it. Its like....they are mutant turtles, and you are arguing realism.....ok
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Rey was awful. Just awful. Jyn looks like she'll actually be a good female lead in Rogue One though.
    I love Rey. She's better than Luke.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, I doubt any legit critisism will be seen as that, it will all be bashed from a "you are sexist" angle. THere have been other folks saying things like "if you dont like the New GB you must be a Trump supporter. They are the same people"

No cant be that we think the movie looks like shit, we MUST be Trumpers. Hear that MMO-C if you dislike this movie you support Trump.

Its bull shit, its ok to think a shitty movie looks like shit, even with an all Fem cast.
    I mean to me that just reads like responding to people that don't actually have legitimate critic of the movie and are just upset because its an all female cast or it somehow smells of SJWism to them. I'd wager there's a good overlap of people who are Trump supporters and people who would hate this movie for the above stated reasons. But I digress, so long as someone has decent criticism that's all that matters. I stop caring when people's first point is anything in the line of "PC this" "SJW that.." "All female.."

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    People say its just hate against women, ignoring that people really liked the new Star Wars protagonists and the Mad Max ones.
    My view is that's the defense there building for when the film gets destroyed by the critics (and the public) and they need something to excuse there bad work.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Ghostbusters is kind of crappy anyways, even the original. But from what I seen some people hate it because ESS JAY DUBYAS, others because it just doesn't look good and super cheesy.

See above

And Below
    It's bad by today's standards, but timeless because of how good it was for it's day. You can't recreate that kind of stuff, particularly when you don't have a cast that worked together for the majority of their careers. That is what people forget too, that movie was written originally for that cast, by that cast, not some other idiot who doesn't understand the actors in the film. Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis wrote the script for that movie, which is why it worked. Along side Bill Murray and Rick Moranis, that foursome alone was responsible for a myriad of great comedy films during most of the 80's and early 90's. They all worked together in some capacity for a long time, they understood one another enough to know that no matter how stupid the premise of a film, that it was going to be entertaining and funny. These guys, like so many actors who came on the scene in the 80's, came about because of shows like SCTV, even though Caddyshack was what launched Bill Murray's career, it was SCTV that really brought to the forefront so many great comedians in 1981/82/83. It only made sense that Ghost Busters was successful, because the cast had preexisting relationship with one another as actors.

People seem to think that they can recreate whatever the fuck they want just because they can, but the reality is that this "recreation" is a fucking pile of shit because everything about it is forced. Even the cast choice is forced. That isn't to take anything away from the ladies in this film, however they cannot even expect people to be accepting or even enjoy a movie where they try to force all the things that the original movies did. The movie has to flow and the script has to work for those acting in the film, which is why they worked back in 1984, they don't in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Remakes are almost always a bad thing imho. Doesnt really help that they try to shove the feminism agenda down your throath with this movie. If you dislike it you are a misogynistic pig .

Also have a strong dislike for the big "comedian" woman.
    It doesn't help when the Director called, what would have been a large part of the audience(before the 'feminist' stuff started kicking in), "Assholes". It really doesn't bode well for the movie that he's attacking his audience pretty much, :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Megan Fox is what made the movies great. The Bots and that boy are just sidekicks to the cineastic shrine of her beautiful glory. Don't you shit on those movies...
    She was quite a sight but I'm sorry Slant, Transformers movies were garbo

Why not all female? Most casts are all male or dominantly male.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a pretty sick world we live in. No one wants change for nothing. They just want to see white and grey instead of the 256+ other colors that exist.
    Equating lack of interest or appeal of this movie to the world being sick is a fucking joke. The movie is shit, does a horrible job of remaking a classic and uses trivial modern tropes that frankly people were already sick of 5 years ago. There's nothing fresh or innovative about it at all nor is there anything edgy or pushing the boundaries. All in all it was made to cash in on an established classic but without any of the actual appeal that made the original a classic to begin with. It's a garish, overdressed pig of a film.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I love Rey. She's better than Luke.
    Old Luke or Young Luke? Because Old Luke looks to be a pretty grizzly badass. Young Luke needed two whole movies to become a bad ass in the third movie. Only to break down like a crying bitch in the final fight... I really did not like Young Luke.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Personally, the style of comedy I'm seeing from the trailer just seems all wrong from what a fan of the originals would expect. Its like going from Seinfeld style comedy to Ace Ventura. Also the dialogue, from what I've seen in the trailer, seems to be utter garbage. This seems more like the Scary Movie version of Ghostbusters, than the Scream version of Ghostbusters.......if that makes any sense to anyone but me.

I've seen a lot of hate for Rey though.
    As an actor there is nothing wrong with her, but there is no reason for anyone to believe she was capable of doing everything a trained Jedi can do just because she wanted it to happen. Thats why people didn't like her. I mean, I hated Luke in the movie and he was only in it for like 1 awkward minute. Being deserted on a small island means he must have heard the ship land and so decides the best way to introduce himself is stand on a cliff and reach out like an old person looking for a light switch. Shit script. Rey being a Jedi capable of fending off a Sith in training was just pathetic story telling. It would be like Luke fighting Darth Vader in the ep 4 and somehow not dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    She was quite a sight but I'm sorry Slant, Transformers movies were garbo
    You're looking at them the wrong way. The movie is just the frame for Megan Fox. She is the main course of the movie. :P

It's managed to hit 3 of the major hate-boners on the internet - people who hate reboots of things from their childhoods, the alt-right and other anti-SJWs and full on sexists who think an all female cast is some sort of crime.

I was a bit dubious myself as there are a lot of visual hooks taken straight from the original, but then again that worked out fine in Star Wars VII - A New Hope (Remix,) and after seeing the cinematic trailer during the Warcraft movie I'm looking quite looking forward to it now.

Yeh cause they were bad ass, Like Riply from Aliens, she is a fucking bad ass, these ladies....unfunny..decidedly not bad ass.
    You know I always forget about Ripley in these conversations. I mean she was a bad ass amongst a group of space marines... meanwhile you hate on a poorly written character like Rey and you're a sexist. You hate this poorly made remake of GB and you're a sexist. Give me more Sigourney Weaver all day since honestly I've like a lot of her characters(even Galaxy Quest mildly). And grossssss I just IMDB'd her to make sure and Sigourney is in this movie...... shame on her.

I hate it because it has a all female cast and i couldnt care less what people say otherwise;
    1 i think is very unfunny and the other 3 i have no fucking clue who they are.

Trailers look like its made for kids, the jokes felt cringe.
    The bit where her head rolls round and the other bit where Chris gets the ghost in him then goes off on the bike....holy mother of ball sweat them parts was so fucking embarrassing.

Garbage, another IP destroyed most probably.