Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol wut? The one guy who fucked up? You mean the entirety of the Horde who went along with the destruction of Theramore (Even if they were unaware of the arcane bomb, they still agreed to march on it) with the one exception of Baine, who actually had a conscience and warned her? Because, you know, no one had the balls to stand up against Garrosh despite apparently, after-the-fact, finding out everybody disagreed with him.
    Theramore was a threat to the horde in a time of war. Taking over cities happens in time of war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    All she wanted was to study.
    Jaina is the Adam Jensen of the Warcraft Universe.... She never asked for this.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is not bipolar...this is when you have many different writers and such for the same character. You can kind of see the same thing with Garrosh, see him in BC, then in Wrath, then him in Cata and MoP. In BC and Wrath he was somewhat consistent. Then in Cata it threw everything out of the window. Was he the honorable prick he was in some of the quest chains you thought he was or was he that stupid asshole some of you thought he was, he blows up Theramore.

One of the reasons I began to not like the Warcraft lore is things like this. They really can't keep a character consistent.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Jaina is not bipolar...this is when you have many different writers and such for the same character. You can kind of see the same thing with Garrosh, see him in BC, then in Wrath, then him in Cata and MoP. In BC and Wrath he was somewhat consistent. Then in Cata it threw everything out of the window. Was he the honorable prick he was in some of the quest chains you thought he was or was he that stupid asshole some of you thought he was, he blows up Theramore.

One of the reasons I began to not like the Warcraft lore is things like this. They really can't keep a character consistent.
    Its almost like she lost her home or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    She let her own father die, nothing mentally stable going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Jaina is the Adam Jensen of the Warcraft Universe.... She never asked for this.
    And yet Norwatch (so Jaina's troops) attacked Crossroads before Garrosh invaded Ashenvale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Hasn't she lost two of her homes? Hell maybe even three.

What makes the third one so different?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

jaina has a case of.
    "its okay if i do it but your not allowed to do it."
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Hasn't she lost two of her homes?
    Kul Tiras doesn't exist anymore, its invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Sure, nothing proved the Naga were evil in WC3 except the feels, being that it was the first time anyone had seen them the fact the Elves were so eager to take their help just lends to how stupid they are, or rather Kael was. Snake sliters up to you, hey, you know where related!! "yeah, okay buddy, I see the resemblance".

As far as "canon" books go, the book are only canon until something else comes along and as the books have no actual bearing on the game there is no more reason to give them significance, they are a secondary source and are equivalent to saying "the lord of the rings movie is obviously the correct story because it came after the books". Chronicles replaced lore for other books, whatever comes in part 2 will probably do it again and so on and so on. Everyone gets so wet about them, how everything makes sense all of a sudden but its just an endless cycle so you consume more stories and they make more money. Once again, the books don't change the game, so therefore are insignificant.
    The blood elves would have been wiped out if they hadn't accepted help from the naga then. Garithos put them in a no win situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Well we devolved into the typical Horde vs. Alliance partisan bickery, anyone have a hook that can bring the debate back out of the muck?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm starting to realize that it's not just the warchief position, but the head of the kirin tor's council of six also has the 'defense against the dark arts teacher' syndrome. In Wrath, Rhonin is made leader because...Antonidas was dead and I guess he had fans from the books and they hadn't really fleshed out the other council members I guess, so they brought him on. The in story reason being they wanted his help thinking outside the box. Then he's killed pre MoP, and Jaina takes over, and now Khadgar takes the spot in Legion. Her tenure as head of the council wasn't quite as brief and pointless as Vol'jin's as warchief but it's close.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they make Jaina a boss so we can kill her.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm starting to realize that it's not just the warchief position, but the head of the kirin tor's council of six also has the 'defense against the dark arts teacher' syndrome. In Wrath, Rhonin is made leader because...Antonidas was dead and I guess he had fans from the books and they hadn't really fleshed out the other council members I guess, so they brought him on. The in story reason being they wanted his help thinking outside the box. Then he's killed pre MoP, and Jaina takes over, and now Khadgar takes the spot in Legion. Her tenure as head of the council wasn't quite as brief and pointless as Vol'jin's as warchief but it's close.
    Makes me worried for Khadgar as I really like him as a character. Although I sincerely doubt we've seen the last of Greymane's or Sylvanas' ambitions as concerns the primacy of their faction. I don't see either of one of them abandoning the faction conflict even in the face of a full Legion onslaught.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Before the end, Gamon will have all three of the positions, we will have no more lore characters left!

The blood elves would have been wiped out if they hadn't accepted help from the naga then. Garithos put them in a no win situation.
    No proof of that, they could have marched in the complete opposite direction and made Garithos deal with it. All you have is the story presented, when I did the play through in the game I wasn't dependant on the myrmidons/witches/royal guards for anything but that doesn't prove anything about the purpose of the story. Point being that it was written the way it was, but that doesn't make it logical or the only way it could have gone down. Up until that point the Elves had no issues with anyone but Garithos. Issues with Dalaran because they were focusing their energies elsewhere and not serving Quel'thalas needs first doesn't mean they wouldn't have if they could have. Dalaran had been annihilated by Archimonde prior to Kael's loyalty snap, keep that in mind. Not really much the mages were going to be able to do that they weren't already doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well we devolved into the typical Horde vs. Alliance partisan bickery, anyone have a hook that can bring the debate back out of the muck?
    I tried already but I guess its inevitable threads like this go this way.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I tried already but I guess its inevitable threads like this go this way.
    Shouldn't really come as a surprise, of all characters she the biggest fence sitter. Only makes sense that both sides have an issue with her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    No proof of that, they could have marched in the complete opposite direction and made Garithos deal with it. All you have is the story presented, when I did the play through in the game I wasn't dependant on the myrmidons/witches/royal guards for anything but that doesn't prove anything about the purpose of the story. Point being that it was written the way it was, but that doesn't make it logical or the only way it could have gone down. Up until that point the Elves had no issues with anyone but Garithos. Issues with Dalaran because they were focusing their energies elsewhere and not serving Quel'thalas needs first doesn't mean they wouldn't have if they could have. Dalaran had been annihilated by Archimonde prior to Kael's loyalty snap, keep that in mind. Not really much the mages were going to be able to do that they weren't already doing.
    The thing is a single Kirin tor agent would have been enough, a single archmage could have filled the role of Vashj, while they were imprisoned, heck even rhonin, who lived right next to the city, could have snuck in and busted Kael out, who then freed his people and blasted his way out of the dungeons, to escape. With Vashj showing up later helping them escape the city itself.

OT

It was to be expected Jaina's experiences with the horde have of course turned her into someone who assumes the worst the moment something unforeseen happens, so her going rogue and being pissed aren't a surprise really. Hopefully they don't turn her into a raid boss the Alliance needs such characters.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-06-21 at 11:10 PM.

I like Jaina although not so much these past few years, she's still a decent character overall but the direction they've lead her down is a clusterfuck of terrible writing. I'd like to see the WC3 Jaina back, not the abomination of terrible writing she's become.