Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I do not think you are wrong...sadly.

To answer that hypothetical, because Ellen Ripley is a fucking goddess of alien killing badassery.
    I'm not sure I believe that, she was alone with that thing and the marines had no idea what it was or how to deal with it. Thats makes her the resident expect on the Alien and I think its highly doubtful people would be all "SJW 3rd wave feminism matriarchy" about it. The difference is that Alien spanned a bunch of movies and they were good up until resurrection. These days they would probably try and cram all of them into a single movie and wonder why everyone thinks its shit.

Deleted
    These trailers remind me that 80s comedies were better than this crap. Ghostbusters movies were great dark comedies with awesome cast that wrote and directed by themselves, not this shitty Scary Movie-type of jokes that got old 10 years ago...

Punching Puft on the nuts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks about as unfunny as a recent Adam Sandler movie.

They took each character role and replaced it with the nearest unfunny gender-reversal they could find. If they started the whole thing fresh, then it would have a chance. If they brought back the original cast that was available and then filled in the gaps with some female characters, then it would have a chance. But instead, the movie itself is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by belize View Post
    well clearly it's because of the all women cast, and god only knows we men hate women

/s
    we are supposed to keep that a secret, keep it to our secret patraichy meetings.

By the way, next meeting we'll decide what movie to shit on next.

Deleted
    Because they replaced the original cast/characters with women, not because it makes sense or people wanted that but because the moviemakers thought they'd be 'progresive'.

God this is terrible I almost vomited when I was watching it, how can someobody like it? I hope I forget it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    I'm not sure I believe that, she was alone with that thing and the marines had no idea what it was or how to deal with it. Thats makes her the resident expect on the Alien and I think its highly doubtful people would be all "SJW 3rd wave feminism matriarchy" about it. The difference is that Alien spanned a bunch of movies and they were good up until resurrection. These days they would probably try and cram all of them into a single movie and wonder why everyone thinks its shit.
    You could be right. Not really worth debating. At least we can all agree that Ripley is a bad ass.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the trailers, it seems kinda awful. I could be wrong, but trailers usually show the better parts and if those are terrible, I just wonder how bad the movie really is.

Then there is one more thing, that I'm not sure if I should apply it to the new Ghostbusters or not. It's the changing of the sex of iconic characters, in iconic settings. Sure, pretty much anyone can be a ghostbuster, woman or a man. That's a given. But going from four men straight to four women feels somehow... wrong. I can't quite explain it. It's not that I have something against women, it's just that they were all guys and now they are all women. Don't think I'd feel like this if the gang would have consisted of any mix of women and men. Yeah, I think I'd be fine with that.

It's like Charlies Angels being all male. Wouldn't that feel a bit wrong, or at least very odd?

Not the mention the secretary wasn't cast as eye candy for the sake of it in the original movies, she was a normal looking woman with a sarcastic attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Seeing the trailers, it seems kinda awful. I could be wrong, but trailers usually show the better parts and if those are terrible, I just wonder how bad the movie really is.
    Exactly, They tend to focus grp the movie, take the jokes that got the best laughs and put them in the trailer....if THESE got the best laughs......I'm scared of what the rest of the movie may be.

Their initial trailer was just so horribly made and put together. Trailers are supposed to cram the best parts of a movie into a quick preview to make you want to go see a movie.... and this one just failed on so many levels.

First it is a reboot, and Hollywood has this tendency to churn out some really shit reboots, so the expectation is low for many who liked the first two movies.

Second the majority of the scenes they did show were taken from the plot of the previous films. Yea yea it's a reboot i get it but there seems to be very little that is original besides switching genders. The very fist opening line is factually incorrect since Winston was not a scientist. The scene with the library ghost where someone gets slimed was also the first scene in ghostbusters 1. The whole ghosts possessing people angle was also in the first movie. In their second trailer there was a large ghost/something that even looked like the stay puff marshmallow man.

Third I understand why he chose an all female cast (he is a proud feminist), but the entire "progressive" notion is pushed aside when they did a very stereotypical black female cast type, who is uneducated and loud.... it's almost like they're trying to appeal to a racist crowd. This was more common in the 90's but feels out of place to me in a modern movie especially when they made a point of an all female cast women in power and control but we can't have the black woman acting that way....

Lastly a direct quote from the producer Paul Feig "Geek culture is home to some of the biggest assholes I've ever met in my life" this was in response to the criticism he received because the trailer they put out is terrible. This doesn't mean the film will be bad but i think more people will choose to not see because they did an abysmal job at putting together a good trailer.

Not the mention the secretary wasn't cast as eye candy for the sake of it in the original movies, she was a normal looking woman with a sarcastic attitude.
    Mousy looking and decidedly not eye candy really. Egon liked her......Egon for fucks sake, guy collects spores, molds and fungus.

Deleted
    Hell, the biggest eye candy in the original was Gozer and we didn't knew what the fuck was he/she/it besides being an evil god.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Hell, the biggest eye candy in the original was Gozer and we didn't knew what the fuck was he/she/it besides being an evil god.
    9/10 would bang Gozer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm not a McCarthy fan, but the other three are freaking hilarious.
    I don't really care for any of them. McCarthy is just the worst. She has not done anything that was even remotely funny. How she keeps getting work is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    9/10 would bang Gozer.
    I fear Gozer might bang you instead... I was legit scared of Gozer. Dat voice! ARE YOU A GOD?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I hate it. I haven't seen the movie. I really didn't find the trailer all that interesting, so I won't be seeing it in the theater. If it comes on HBO or some other tv channel in a few months, I might watch it.

I've nothing against the new cast, because I don't know any of them, but the trailers aren't too good. Too goofy and too much slapstick. The original cast was pretty much perfect in composition, so these new actors have huge shoes to fill. I think the effects are ok. They look nice, but aren't scary, but this isn't exactly The Ring either, so ..they're ok overall. I think many people are very skeptical about this movie, so I think its success will come down to reviews. I hope it's much better than the trailers.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I don't really care for any of them. McCarthy is just the worst. She has not done anything that was even remotely funny. How she keeps getting work is a mystery.
    Because lonely fat woman market likes to watch anything with her in it. She grabs a special niche that few others can.

Looks like hot garbage.
    Hi Sephurik