Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Has anyone done mythic dungeons or any of the raid tests? Post logs if you have please
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Deleted
    Is there ever a situation in which it would be optimal to interrupt a FoF cast to cast a different dps ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
    Is there ever a situation in which it would be optimal to interrupt a FoF cast to cast a different dps ability?
    No, unless you are going to fail an interrupt that's gonna wipe the raid/group.

so our mastery isn't being tracked at the moment? we need an addon to track it?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    so our mastery isn't being tracked at the moment? we need an addon to track it?
    What would this addon track? The mastery is practically a passive.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

posted this on PTR regarding SEF - not sure if anyone else has done any conclusive testing on the last point:

Windwalker Monk ability storm earth & fire:

1) Spirits do not copy abilities and talents of the main character

- green Spirit does not copy fists of fury
    - Neither non-player spirit copies eye of the tiger damage
    - Spirits do not generate chi-orbit orbs over the duration

2) Additionally, spirits appear to snapshot a template of stats based on the character when summoned, regardless of talents and buffs. This seems to ignore things like hitcombo and trinket/weapon enchantment buffs active when summoned, or gained during summoning.

Eg: Blackout Kick damage is identical for spirits in all of the following situations, and deals identical damage with each strike.
    - Hit Combo at SEF start time and maintained - 9534 damage per strike
    - Hit Combo at SEF start time and dropped immediately - 9534 damage per strike
    - T18 Mastery bonus active at start - 9534
    - No Buffs active at start - 9534

All variations of this have the same result.

3) Lastly - Striking with or without mastery bonus does not seem to affect SEF spirit damage. Whether the bonus is being applied to spirits at all times, or not being applied at any time, would need further testing.

So whats the consensus so far on WW for legion? I've heard various responses that the rotation is simplied...we're squishy...still bad for pvp.....but dps is good for pve.... My melee options are enhancement,DH, or stay WW atm. I have a fair bit f Tmog still on my monk to just want to switch and of course time invested. Any legion videos outlining it? Cant seem to get a beta key to test things out myself

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    What would this addon track? The mastery is practically a passive.
    i was watching finalboss and he mentioned people are getting weakauras to track the mastery and the "transfer the power" buff on the artifact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    So whats the consensus so far on WW for legion? I've heard various responses that the rotation is simplied...we're squishy...still bad for pvp.....but dps is good for pve.... My melee options are enhancement,DH, or stay WW atm. I have a fair bit f Tmog still on my monk to just want to switch and of course time invested. Any legion videos outlining it? Cant seem to get a beta key to test things out myself
    Just scroll through the last few pages, its probably answered on every one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

i was watching finalboss and he mentioned people are getting weakauras to track the mastery and the "transfer the power" buff on the artifact
    Well the only way to track the mastery would be to show what ability you just used so that you don't use it again, which would be a lot of work for very little reward. Transfer the Power can be tracked easily, but not a huge point since you'll be using FoF on cooldown and you wont be delaying it for X stacks of TtP, you'll just use whatever stacks you have when you use FoF.

So FoF is stunning baseline now? I thought this was in the honor talents only.

didn't read anything about this in the patch notes

i'm leveling 101 and it seems to be stunning

Just scroll through the last few pages, its probably answered on every one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the only way to track the mastery would be to show what ability you just used so that you don't use it again, which would be a lot of work for very little reward. Transfer the Power can be tracked easily, but not a huge point since you'll be using FoF on cooldown and you wont be delaying it for X stacks of TtP, you'll just use whatever stacks you have when you use FoF.
    thanks
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-06-22 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So FoF is stunning baseline now? I thought this was in the honor talents only.

didn't read anything about this in the patch notes

i'm leveling 101 and it seems to be stunning

thanks
    AFAIK it no longer stuns, movement while channeling is baseline. There may certainly be a PvP talent that adds it back

AFAIK it no longer stuns, movement while channeling is baseline. There may certainly be a PvP talent that adds it back
    Last build added the stun baseline most likely a bug though

it's stunning now baseline and movement while channeling. i asked a streamer and a member on the wow forums, they all confirm my post test.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokasa View Post
    Last build added the stun baseline most likely a bug though
    really think its a bug? was hoping it was intended, just forgot to be mentioned in the notes =P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersoul View Post
    posted this on PTR regarding SEF - not sure if anyone else has done any conclusive testing on the last point:

Windwalker Monk ability storm earth & fire:

1) Spirits do not copy abilities and talents of the main character

- green Spirit does not copy fists of fury
    - Neither non-player spirit copies eye of the tiger damage
    - Spirits do not generate chi-orbit orbs over the duration
    - known bug and hopefully get fixed (basically an issue with the fact that FoF now requires 1-hand weapon and the earth spirit is using a 2-hander)
    - intended
    - intended

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersoul View Post
    2) Additionally, spirits appear to snapshot a template of stats based on the character when summoned, regardless of talents and buffs. This seems to ignore things like hitcombo and trinket/weapon enchantment buffs active when summoned, or gained during summoning.

Eg: Blackout Kick damage is identical for spirits in all of the following situations, and deals identical damage with each strike.
    - Hit Combo at SEF start time and maintained - 9534 damage per strike
    - Hit Combo at SEF start time and dropped immediately - 9534 damage per strike
    - T18 Mastery bonus active at start - 9534
    - No Buffs active at start - 9534

All variations of this have the same result.

3) Lastly - Striking with or without mastery bonus does not seem to affect SEF spirit damage. Whether the bonus is being applied to spirits at all times, or not being applied at any time, would need further testing.
    I'll have to test this out. It was my understanding that SEF as pets benefit from all stats including the mastery. If it isn't then there is possibly a bug somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    - known bug and hopefully get fixed (basically an issue with the fact that FoF now requires 1-hand weapon and the earth spirit is using a 2-hander)
    - intended
    - intended

I'll have to test this out. It was my understanding that SEF as pets benefit from all stats including the mastery. If it isn't then there is possibly a bug somewhere.
    if Eye of the tiger isnt suposed to be copied by sef it shouldnt be reduced by it either, on Beta atm eye of the tiger(hell, even trinkets with damage procs) are reduced by sef damage reduction making it awkward to use

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokasa View Post
    if Eye of the tiger isnt suposed to be copied by sef it shouldnt be reduced by it either, on Beta atm eye of the tiger(hell, even trinkets with damage procs) are reduced by sef damage reduction making it awkward to use
    It doesn't matter a ton since Chi Wave does more damage and healing and is copied by SEF.

15+ Year Old Account
    What may happen is that they have a "multiplier" of sort if SEF is up. Something like damage is increased by 300% while SEF is up. They have that for a FEW spells (Gale Burst is the main one that comes to mind). I'll run some tests tonight and possibly put in a ticket about it.

It doesn't matter a ton since Chi Wave does more damage and healing and is copied by SEF.
    it DOES matter though its not just Eye of the Tiger, its crosswind, trinkets, buffs that does damage (like legion.wowhead.com/spell=215598/holy-enchantment from broken shore event) this is a massive problem and im not sure how you people think its fine

A talent being properly tuned matters. Just because it sucks and that makes you choose another talent which doesn't does not make the instance of an undertuned talent irrelevant.

That's like an enhancement shaman saying that the balancing of Windsong doesn't matter because Boulderfist is so much better, it will always be picked above others.

The obvious answer is that it shouldn't be that way. This is the purpose of beta, to tell them what's wrong, not just figure out what's gonna be most optimal for life while treating beta s merely a preview.

not sure where to ask this, but the people here have been quite helpful so i'm choosing to ask here.

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...be00735b5b6209
    why is it that rogue's have such high DPS during AOE fights? granted i never did iskar but I watched a video and it seems AOE heavy.

on the contrary, a current Unholy DK which is known for intense AOE, is not doing as much: http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...1a9571152401f1

anyone explain what's going on here? did I sim incorrectly?