Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    That first Croatia goal is tasty stuff, beautiful setup/

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me how Italy and Spain are locked into meeting each other in the knockout stage? Shouldn't the top 1st place teams be the ones who are matched up against the 3rd place teams? If Italy wins tomorrow they would have 9 points, 2 more than anyone else in the tournament, yet they have to play a 2nd place team while a team like Wales with 6 points gets to play a 3rd place team?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Italy and Spain are locked into meeting each other in the knockout stage? Shouldn't the top 1st place teams be the ones who are matched up against the 3rd place teams? If Italy wins tomorrow they would have 9 points, 2 more than anyone else in the tournament, yet they have to play a 2nd place team while a team like Wales with 6 points gets to play a 3rd place team?
    Excuse the image response, but -

well just look at like this, that top bracket is what it would have been like had they not moved to 24 teams

I'm genuinely not trying to nitpick I'm just curious and ignorant, is it called a "missed" penalty if the goalie saves it? I mean, the shot was on target at least; compared to a lot of penalty kicks?

Like I say, just curious about terminology; (whilst also, I'll admit, splitting hairs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm genuinely not trying to nitpick I'm just curious and ignorant, is it called a "missed" penalty if the goalie saves it? I mean, the shot was on target at least; compared to a lot of penalty kicks?

Like I say, just curious about terminology; (whilst also, I'll admit, splitting hairs).
    I think it's more of saying a player missed his chance to score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ramos taking the penalty lol. There's your problem...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    One thing that caught my eye is that the Croatians started running in the box before Ramos hit the ball. I.e. the ref fucked up there as well. Notice how the ball goes exactly goes to where the guy with a headstart is.

Oh well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Should be interesting to see what transpires today.

My predictions for tonight

Portugal > Hungary 4-0 (Laws of averages are going to catch up with Portugal's chances). Big game for ronaldo and co.
    Belgium > Sweden 2-0
    Italy > Republic of Ireland 2-0
    Austria > Iceland 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

Penalties are described as "missed" if the player taking it doesn't score.

Speaking of penalties holy shit at Messi's freekick.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Speaking of penalties holy shit at Messi's freekick.

Seriously, in what way do penalties remind you freekicks?

And this thread is about the euros, not some redundant tournament in the Americas. We get it, you're a messi fan and he's scored a brilliant goal against a mediocre team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
    Seriously, in what way do penalties remind you freekicks?

And this thread is about the euros, not some redundant tournament in the Americas. We get it, you're a messi fan and he's scored a brilliant goal against a mediocre team.
    I can't be bothered replying to this. Just be aware I saw you quote me. But yea, lets just leave it there ay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    One thing that caught my eye is that the Croatians started running in the box before Ramos hit the ball. I.e. the ref fucked up there as well. Notice how the ball goes exactly goes to where the guy with a headstart is.

Oh well.
    Croatian goalkeeper was also already nearly two meters in front of his goal line before Ramos actually hit the ball. Having said that Ramos took the penalty pretty poorly, almost as poor as the Dutch usually take penalties.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I can't be bothered replying to this. Just be aware I saw you quote me. But yea, lets just leave it there ay.
    Yeah, ride messi's jock some more. You couldn't be any more obvious with such a blank retort. You got caught, deal with it.

Infracted. We do not tolerate people trying to start fights.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-06-22 at 08:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, ride messi's jock some more. You couldn't be any more obvious with such a blank retort. You got caught, deal with it.
    You really really are a bitter, triggered woman aren't ya?

Leave these kind of posts outside of this thread please. Stop with the triggering, stop with the baiting, stop with the offtopic and stop being offended when someone doesn't agree with you.

I agree, that was some superb freekick.
    Hoping Portugal wins today, but confidence is not high, since they only need a draw to go through, hungary is already through. Would it be a first, going through after drawing all 3 games in the group stage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Hoping Portugal wins today, but confidence is not high, since they only need a draw to go through, hungary is already through. Would it be a first, going through after drawing all 3 games in the group stage?
    I actually expect Hungary to win, even though I smell a draw coming. They're better than I initially expected.

I actually expect Hungary to win, even though I smell a draw coming. They're better than I initially expected.
    No, we need a draw at least :<

Deleted
    I may eat my words, but Lol. You just hate Portuguese don't you?

They're just another shit team we will play with 11 players behind the ball.