Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that people will be running around in full titanforged from questing.

Mythic raiders will still have full mythic gear (with potential Mythic Titanforged that nobody else can get). Does it really bother you if some lucky player gets some awesome bracers randomly during the expansion?
    If you have ever played Diablo, then you know what it is like to mow down hordes of enemies, and still be able to aquire upgrades from it.

It's braindead. That is my issue, with the prospect of something that has no potentional of being threatening.

It kinda killed any interest I had left in item progression. I'm probably gonna experience all the content once and then call it quits. I don't really care for the D3 model where any item can be good if it's a good roll and getting the best items ain't gonna happen even if you play 24/7. FFXIV will probably become my main MMORPG since they have fixed stats on their gear and you can buy really good quality gear with badges/emblems/points like you used to in WoW before this RNG crapfest.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I appreciate his generous assumption that I have friends that I'd run dungeons with, but it was unnecessary as I'm able to admit I have none.
    I do know this feeling. Ah the joys of playing an MMO alone.

I interpret "Anything can happen" to mean "Who knows, maybe this time we will release more than 1 content patch!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I remember people in Vanilla jerking around in Tyr's Hand and places like that all day, just killing elite dudes and whatever, hoping that the Krol Blade or something would drop. I don't know if a single one of them ever really got lucky. But that's something that hardly anyone would be willing to do. Especially in the year 2016. In 2005, we did a lot of really boring-ass and mundane shit, just because the game was still new and fascinating and it was just a joy to run around, press keys and kill shit. Those times are long over. After 12 years, the game mechanics alone aren't enough to make a player log on and stick around.
    I farmed Tyr's Hand off and on from for 4 months and got a Krol Blade, two Stockade Paudrons, a Skullflame Shield, and a Brain Hacker. Enough gold plus change for my epic riding.

I will have all slots I can fill with legendary items on my shaman.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Anything can happen..."

Except sub numbers going to something respectable for any period of time. You done fucked up on WoD, son.

47:25

... on the real though, how do you pronounce "Galateacyc"?
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Kinda goes against the whole sentiment of "World Quests Give Good Stuff" that i have heard.
    From what I've heard, it's not going to be as good as raid gear unless you get the titanforged stuff, and I doubt you'll easily be able to get 16 pieces of unique titanforged gear before a raider can get 16 unique pieces of raid gear

Hence less efficient, hence who cares?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    From what I've heard, it's not going to be as good as raid gear unless you get the titanforged stuff, and I doubt you'll easily be able to get 16 pieces of unique titanforged gear before a raider can get 16 unique pieces of raid gear

Hence less efficient, hence who cares?
    It'll still be relevant to some extent, i was mostly concerned for the prospect of that we would outgear stuff and still get gear from it ; The challenge becomes abscent.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would be the point of natural difficulty progression, if you can get really good gear from stuff that you can one shot?
    Because natural difficulty and progression are a more guaranteed thing and will certainly take less time. Really good gear from stuff you can one shot is going to a very rare thing and the gear will likely top out at some lower ilevel. So you can raid and do the progression thing or do world quests and wait for lightning to strike.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Because natural difficulty and progression are a more guaranteed thing and will certainly take less time. Really good gear from stuff you can one shot is going to a very rare thing and the gear will likely top out at some lower ilevel. So you can raid and do the progression thing or do world quests and wait for lightning to strike.

Well, yeah, but if you raid 2-3 times a week, just a few hours, and you play more than that - You are going to try to progress your gear, somehow? :/

So, one might end up grinding Dungeons until Kingdom come, or just go for crafting. Oh man, i can feel the Burnout already. :P

I don't really dislike the idea. I still think it would be a sound idea to add a VP-like system underneath it where you can buy items on the upper rung of ilvls (talking roughly heroic) to avoid the feeling of "I've wanted pants for 20 goddamn years but I keep getting everything but pants as mythic ilvl drops" but what I like about this system is that it seems to promote the idea of playing as much as you feel like you want to.
    It's certainly a step up from what we have now. I'd prefer excessive RNG to the point where no loot is predictable to what we have now, where there are the "good" items with affixes and the poor items that are roughly four out of five items we obtain. There are a lot of concerns I have with the idea but I'll remain cautiously optimistic until I play through it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yeah, but if you raid 2-3 times a week, just a few hours, and you play more than that - You are going to try to progress your gear, somehow? :/

So, one might end up grinding Dungeons until Kingdom come, or just go for crafting. Oh man, i can feel the Burnout already. :P
    I'm sure you'll figure it out if you stop thinking of all the ways it can not be what you like. I'm not going to be grinding dungeons until Kingdom come and your earlier comments about mob grinding are totally wrong. Legendaries do not drop off of random mobs and you only get a chance at a world quest cache once per day. Keep moving those goalposts though. It's good exercise.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

But there is still a time cap on how many times you can do raids.

So, are we supposed to just, kill random mobs for Legendaries, with a faster and faster pace, a.la diablo, without the torment increase?
    You can do that if you're a psychopath with literally endless free time, or you could just get them as you play normally.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm sure you'll figure it out if you stop thinking of all the ways it can not be what you like. I'm not going to be grinding dungeons until Kingdom come and your earlier comments about mob grinding are totally wrong. Legendaries do not drop off of random mobs and you only get a chance at a world quest cache once per day. Keep moving those goalposts though. It's good exercise.
    I am merely asking, cause i figure it's a valid concern ; what with people taking the most optimal route to things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    You can do that if you're a psychopath with literally endless free time, or you could just get them as you play normally.
    Wanting to get gear efficiently makes you a psychopath? Alright then, haha

I am merely asking, cause i figure it's a valid concern ; what with people taking the most optimal route to things.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanting to get gear efficiently makes you a psychopath? Alright then, haha
    No, wanting to get gear so badly that you play a game in a manner that you dislike makes you a psychopath. I could get a full set of 700 level gear on every character by PvPing but I hate PvP so I don't.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I appreciate his generous assumption that I have friends that I'd run dungeons with, but it was unnecessary as I'm able to admit I have none.
    right in the feels. i didn't come here to get emotional.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    No, wanting to get gear so badly that you play a game in a manner that you dislike makes you a psychopath. I could get a full set of 700 level gear on every character by PvPing but I hate PvP so I don't.
    ??????

You do realize that it's an extremely prevailing tactic to just go after what is the most effective?

I mean, that has literally NOTHING to do with being a Psychopath.

I can rationally say that this is one of the better decisions they've made in years.

No, I don't find something "exciting" just because it has a 0,000025% chance to drop a titanforged item.
    But then again I never use the word "cool" to describe anything, so maybe I'm not the target audience.