Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I just think people have gotten used to the gold income now, but I agree it will be nice to go back to an expension where people dont earn millions easy

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    Odd to see people now complain about the gold nerfs when months ago people claimed garrisons generated too much gold, gold was too easy to get now, devaluation of gold and lets not forgot the horrible facebook game garrisons were in the first place.

God, salty whiners will always find vinegar to drink from.
    But garrison is far, far more powerful than 25 hcs, I totally agree with nerfing garrison, look at what happened to BMAH, this is 98% garrison's fault though, 25 hcs and other nerfs they're doing had little to do with it.

So it's not like 6k instead of 7,2k is gonna kill those of us who do 25 hcs for a little gold for sub or to flip stuff on 100 realms or whatever, but it's a matter of principle, I find this an unnecessary nerf, you were never gonna make anything close to garrison or AH farming 25 hcs.

In order to farm a gold cap on a realm you have 11 chars which is a lot, it would have taken you 3 whole months of farming bwd, bot, ds, fl every single week on every single char, assuming 1h 30 average since you will not raid on every single char, that is 16,5 hours a week spent on them; while pet flipping I can easily make 1 mil in 15 days if I focus on it, so I don't see why they had to reduce the gold from 25 hcs further, albeit not a huge nerf.

As other posters have alluded to, they didn't hit Cata 25h very hard at all tbh. Which makes the change kind of weird, almost like a non-change to go from 7-6k

runaway inflation is only going to continue in legion

they just don't want people feeling like they have to go back and farm old content to make gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    runaway inflation is only going to continue in legion

they just don't want people feeling like they have to go back and farm old content to make gold
    Let me just say if that is the goal they failed, 6k in 1h 10 (because every alt will be able to do at least as fast as my main dk now, in legion) is same or more than 7,2k in 1h 40.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    As other posters have alluded to, they didn't hit Cata 25h very hard at all tbh. Which makes the change kind of weird, almost like a non-change to go from 7-6k
    Well if you farm cata 25h 20 weeks in a row, that's an extra 20k that you don't have now.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    That is still available (for now)

- - - Updated - - -

1. Why ? what was it's use in WoD ?
    2. Why ? what are we supposed to be doing with all the GR ? or 500 resources (what you get in a week or so) -> 10 bags = 10 x 15 = 150 gold was too much of an inflation ?
    3. Why ?
    4. Why ? Also why do it on the PTR and not on live ? People are waiting to open their boxes on the prepatch for the xmog items so you are telling them: want xmog ? lose money
    5. Why now ? 6.1 could have handled that.

No REAL valid reasons to be honest to do these changes.
    1)Easier to farm older stuff at max level. Lot of botters did this I suspect.
    2) Buy trading goods. Sumptuous Fur will still be highly sought after. People spamming tailoring CDs/work orders for bags for Legion is a good example
    The rest Idk. Just overwall want to reduce the amount of gold we get for time being ;0 You make 20k leveling in Legion. With all the gold people made in WOD garrisons you'll be fine unless you buy full BOES for 10 alts for raiding or the prices for mats for double crafter toons are higher than ever at start of xpac

Deleted
    People over here truly have short time memory. Remember all the doomsayers when BC raids got nerfed due to botting? Guess what happened, pretty soon people found new, even more broken ways to earn money. I can bet give it 1 month into Legion and suddenly people will discover something we are overlooking and the cycle will begind again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    1)Easier to farm older stuff at max level. Lot of botters did this I suspect.
    2) Buy trading goods. Sumptuous Fur will still be highly sought after. People spamming tailoring CDs/work orders for bags for Legion is a good example
    Some WoD crafted items have appearances that are going to be highly sought after, particularly the Level 6 weapons ....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    Odd to see people now complain about the gold nerfs when months ago people claimed garrisons generated too much gold, gold was too easy to get now, devaluation of gold and lets not forgot the horrible facebook game garrisons were in the first place.

God, salty whiners will always find vinegar to drink from.
    Though there's a monumental difference between spending over an hour farming Cata raids and logging every now and then on your garrison happy gold farm only to collect thousands every week.

i caped a few chars with 18 100's was well worth it post nerf , i made all the 10k garrisons cost me and more back in no time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Some WoD crafted items have appearances that are going to be highly sought after, particularly the Level 6 weapons ....
    Gross. Stage gear is a pain. I made a set of the leather and mail armors though for the fuck of it. Myself or to sell w/e lol

Deleted
    Fuck buying a wow token to pay for my sub is what I say - I earn the wow sub cost in 30 mins in RL. I aint busting Gold for that - the cost of a wow token and time it takes to earn that way over excells RL money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    3. Cataclysm raid drops sell for about 10g less. (boss gold is still the same)
    This is fucking stupid. I get they want to nerf Gold gain but seriously? Cata 25 heroics? Why are they nerfing shit you actually have to invest time in doing? Esp. RP Soul takes a shitton of time to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good i would say, but they should really just have removed a lot of the stuff, like missions and follower upgrades. Delete the missions and make all followers instant max item lvl. If people want to play around with the system, let them, but let there be no gold bonus in it.

I really hope, that they remove all gold rewards from the misson table, past and future, and nerf the old raid content(MoP included) so it dosent give any major gold reward. Let me kill Deathwing/Lei Shen and get 23 silver. Then i will be very happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    This is fucking stupid. I get they want to nerf Gold gain but seriously? Cata 25 heroics? Why are they nerfing shit you actually have to invest time in doing? Esp. RP Soul takes a shitton of time to do.
    The Cata raids are pretty much an infinity gold mine for most players. It is easy to get into, and the gold gain is huge pr hour. If you have several lvl 100 characters, you can pretty much just farm gold all day, without actually having to "work" or interact for it. Any system, which allows you to make big money, without having to go on the AH, is a broken system.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    And how is that going to change anything? Give it a tier or so and people will be shitting on Highmaul at least filling that gap.

7+ Year Old Account
    In my opnion, the gold nerf is not large enough. This will stop some gold gain, but not shut down the huge gold mine, which is previous, now soloable, raids.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    That sucks. Making a ton of gold from my garrison atm. Doing it for as long as I can. Honestly though, I am really burned out doing it so many toons each day.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

All the super rich people are going to be paying out the ass for BoE's in legion anyways, the money will redistribute I would not worry about it, and the tokens will be going back down to like 20k gold with the re-subs that are incoming who will be buying gold out the ass it sill will be sweet.

Vendorvalue for Raidloot:

MoP -23%
    Cataclysm -25%
    Wotlk -23%
    TCB -15%
    Classic -5%

WoD items even go up in value a bit (maybe ~2%).

Still surprised that they aren't nerfing cata 10/25hc lootgold values to 25g like most other bosses in t11-t16. Or even better down to 10g like nowadays.