Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snodog View Post
    Abused children may be more likely to grow up violent. But, how many people who got spanked a few times as kids grew up perfectly normal?
    And does that justify beating them, when you could accomplish the same ends, by just NOT beating them?

OT: Beating a child is simply lacking the understanding to do anything better.

Sad to see that the kids grew up in such environments.

They should have thrown her children in jail too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    And does that justify beating them, when you could accomplish the same ends, by just NOT beating them?

OT: Beating a child is simply lacking the understanding to do anything better.

Sad to see that the kids grew up in such environments.
    Eh, we do tons of things because the "good" outweighs the "bad". What's one more.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Eh, we do tons of things because the "good" outweighs the "bad". What's one more.
    GL HF telling Social Services that

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure she could have gotten her point across without beating them. But then, it seems like she isn't the best mother anyway, considering that her kids are already criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Sounds like you're not a parent and have no experience with kids if you think it's that black and white for all children. My parents were involved parents. I got all the do right, not wrong speeches. And then when I was a teen, because I had free will and could make poor decision for myself, I hung out with guys who also wanted to "break the rules" We did all kinds of silly vandalism and broke into cars at the movie theaters and such.

I knew it was wrong, but I wanted to do it anyways. But kneejerk parent blaming is all the rage

I guess I'm an argument for the anti beating crowd. I got the belt, the switch and all the other unthinkable punishments. All I knew was "don't get caught" because I knew a punishment would follow. I don't think the whippings necassarialy stop kids from doing silly things, but at least I had a good understand of consequences for my actions.
    Funny thing is, in Canada as long as you don't rape, murder or commit arson you can do pretty much anything you want until you are 18 get away with it and then it is all wiped clean from your record.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you why she beat them, and why she lost control.

She was scared.

She saw the future they were heading down, and she probably knows that, statistically, the justice system is harder on black teenagers than it is on white teenagers. And she was scared out of her mind that her kids were going to end up in jail, in a gang, dead, etc.

She shouldn't have beaten them, but I understand why it got out of hand.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I think this is sad, the boys shouldn't of have ever thought it was a good idea to break into another individual's house in the first place.

In the "African-American Community" corporal punishment is very prevalent, this is likely not the first time they've been beaten and they've likely been beaten by other relatives. There is a big issue with child abuse in the Black American Community, mostly because Afro-American parents tend to be harsher on their children.

These young men have an opportunity to turn their lives around, to never rob/burlgarize a home, but beating won't solve it just like it didn't with many of the Afro-American men and women who are in jail who were beat with belts, electrical cords and switches.

I see corporal punishment as archaic, but I don't see it as something that neccessarily even factors into the development of "normal" tweens/teens. These aren't toddlers, they are sapient and understand cause and effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I can tell you why she beat them, and why she lost control.

She was scared.

She saw the future they were heading down, and she probably knows that, statistically, the justice system is harder on black teenagers than it is on white teenagers. And she was scared out of her mind that her kids were going to end up in jail, in a gang, dead, etc.

She shouldn't have beaten them, but I understand why it got out of hand.
    To the point of lacerations, though?

It's lucky that some of the people here aren't parents(woe be to their children if they are), or child psychologists/psychiatrists for the matter.

Or maybe it's because they advocate wanton violence under a flimsy pretext of "discipline" which is why they aren't any of those.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Stupid.

More moms need to be like her. Fucking retarded. But I bet if those kids got shot by a homeowner with a gun, everyone will be up in fuvking arms and blaming everyone but the kids and the neglectful mother.

Everyone wants their kid to be a Trayvon I see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's lucky that some of the people here aren't parents(woe be to their children if they are), or child psychologists/psychiatrists for the matter.

Or maybe it's because they advocate wanton violence under a flimsy pretext of "discipline" which is why they aren't any of those.
    I'm a dad. Go have your own kids before you talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I'm a dad. Go have your own kids before you talk.
    Good, you don't deserve to be if you are still spouting crap that didn't even work a few generations ago. And before you argue "my kids turned out well after I physically and mentally abused them", your little anecdote does nothing to sway the mountains of hard evidence showing that physical discipline doesn't work across the board.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Good, you don't deserve to be if you are still spouting crap that didn't even work a few generations ago. And before you argue "my kids turned out well after I physically and mentally abused them", your little anecdote does nothing to sway the mountains of hard evidence showing that physical discipline doesn't work across the board.
    LOL. Implying I give a shit about anyone elses kids but mine. I will never spank another person's kid and they are not my responsibility so why does their upbringing matter to me? If their parents are okay with them winding up in prison and getting murdered by gang members and killed by cops, so be it.

My kid does something stupid that may ruin their lives or get them killed. They are gonna get a slap across the ass. If they refuse to listen to words, then they get spanked. Kinda like when you don't listen to a cop telling you to stop resisting, you wind up dead. Best to learn that quick before it escalates.

I don't care about statistics or any PC/SJW study. I care about what works. I hope I never have to spank my kid, but I will not hesitate to slap him across the face if he gets retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    LOL. Implying I give a shit about anyone elses kids but mine. I will never spank another person's kid and they are not my responsibility so why does their upbringing matter to me? If their parents are okay with them winding up in prison and getting murdered by gang members and killed by cops, so be it.

My kid does something stupid that may ruin their lives or get them killed. They are gonna get a slap across the ass. If they refuse to listen to words, then they get spanked. Kinda like when you don't listen to a cop telling you to stop resisting, you wind up dead. Best to learn that quick before it escalates.

I don't care about statistics or any PC/SJW study. I care about what works. I hope I never have to spank my kid, but I will not hesitate to slap him across the face if he gets retarded.
    So basically, you admit you are a bad parent with control and anger issues. Got it.

Certainly, you care enough that you would get triggered and launch a tirade over people who don't subscribe to the violence you dole out to your own children, I feel sorry for them.

So basically, you admit you are a bad parent with control and anger issues. Got it.
    So basically you admit you are a Furry Yiff fan who makes out with your cat? Got it.

See, I can do that too.

What I actually said, was that I do what works for my kid. Period. Kids are humans. They are individuals. Not factory assembled machines that all take the same oil.

Words worked on me as a kid, but spankings never bothered me none. I use words for my son. SPanking is a last resort and to be used in conjunction with other punishments.

If you truly feel that you are powerless to do anything when your future child decides they wanna go out and steal a car and go joyriding drunk with their buddy who stole their mom's gun, that's your own damn problem. My kid will know if he tries that shit I will redden his ass.

One more thing. Every parent knows the threat of a spanking > Actual spanking. If you do it right, you only ever have to give one swift slap across the cheek and you can threaten your way to kingdom come. But I doubt you would have known that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Or some over-zealous prosecutor decides to ruin their lives by making an example out of them.
    Shes a 30 year old single mother of six children, their lives are already ruined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    To the point of lacerations, though?
    She clearly lost control.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    She clearly lost control.
    Idk, it's fesible, but it sounds so tragic. I mean, i've been in something relatable, not that i ever laid hand upon a child like that, but i have been in the situation of where i almost lost control.

It's scary how different the prospect of morals and reality can become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Sounds like the kids got a good ol' fashioned whuppin'.
    This.

Mom did what she should have, to be honest. Those kids did something seriously, legally, stupid. Hell, at those ages, SHE could probably get into trouble if THEY get caught. I would have spanked the fuck out of them. She may have gone to extremes, but what she's fighting against is most serious. She shouldn't have been jailed. Fined, maybe. But not jailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Your theory of violently beating your children up will disciplinate them is even more bollocks.
    99.9% of human history disagrees with you