Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    I did. So they decided to legitimize some keys knowing that they were ALL fraudulent keys. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. This is a tangent argument in this thread anyways. Have a good one.
    There is no agreeing to disagree, everything you have tried to argue in this thread has been proven false by sources.

I did. So they decided to legitimize some keys knowing that they were ALL fraudulent keys. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. This is a tangent argument in this thread anyways. Have a good one.
    No they legitimized all the stolen keys because the internet had a fucken fit that people lost games they bought from a unauthorized Reseller/Seller.

Know that episode of family guy where the FCC got 5 phone calls from people who didn't like peters show. They made the comment that 5 call's equals 5 million people.

Well when the blacklash hit that's how it was. It was a small group who took what happen and ran with it. So the PR from it was enough for Ubisoft to just say fuck it and eat the loss.

Also there is no agreeing to disagree with you, You have been proven 100% wrong even by ur own links.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I should start more internet shit storms for free games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is no agreeing to disagree, everything you have tried to argue in this thread has been proven false by sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also there is no agreeing to disagree with you, You have been proven 100% wrong even by ur own links.
    No point in debate if you guys are so thick-headed.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2016-06-21 at 07:50 PM.

The amount isn't really the point, its the fact its so easy to do that's the problem.

G2A just sits there and handwaves it because they are not the seller they just host the selling site.
    Chargebacks are a pretty big problem as a whole in my opinion.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

No point in debate if you guys are so thick-headed.
    Says the guy ignoring facts even provided in his own link.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    They are abit.

Its another system where its good but gets abused.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Says the guy ignoring facts even provided in his own link.

- - - Updated - - -

They are abit.

Its another system where its good but gets abused.
    The real question is, how can it be stopped? Especially on online purchases. Seems like the most common form of thievery. (perhaps second to pirating)
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

The real question is, how can it be stopped? Especially on online purchases. Seems like the most common form of thievery. (perhaps second to pirating)
    That is the million dollar question. I would say provide laws that protect customers by allowing refunds within a reasonable time frame....maybe.

Its one reason I hate buying new copy of games because if its shit or something I can't do anything but trade it in.

To be clear I am speaking as someone who mostly buys console games. I am happy steam finally has a refund system "Used it last night".

Know that episode of family guy where the FCC got 5 phone calls from people who didn't like peters show. They made the comment that 5 call's equals 5 million people.
    Sorry, last post, but that made me LOL.

Sorry, last post, but that made me LOL.
    Sadly when it comes to the internet its true. "5" people can turn a rock into a boulder. The Ubisoft story effected I think like 5k people but jesus the internet acted like it effected all of EU or US.

The Snowball Effect...

You are affected by whoosh.

Just watched Totalbiscuit cut loose on his podcast about G2A and omg I am dying over here.

"Now ill wait for the comments about how people hate TB".

Don't support sites that sell stolen products.

#FuckG2A.
    #G2AWorseThanPirating.
    #Fuckonami.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-21 at 10:27 PM.

I really have no problem at all buying from sites like G2A. Whenever I want a game, I simply check several sites. If G2A ends up being the cheapest, then that's where I'm going to buy the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    I really have no problem at all buying from sites like G2A. Whenever I want a game, I simply check several sites. If G2A ends up being the cheapest, then that's where I'm going to buy the game.
    "I have no problems buying stolen property."

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    If you don't care where the keys are coming from and if a developer is getting compensated why buy the game in the first place?

When I went to see the Warcraft movie they were showing G2A commercials during the trailer period, for a shady criminal company they are quite mainstream.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    When I went to see the Warcraft movie they were showing G2A commercials during the trailer period, for a shady criminal company they are quite mainstream.
    Was skeptical but holy crap...http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...582537671.html

I know there are some actually legit parts of their business, but it's still largely built on the gray market key reselling. Now I'm curious as to what the laws/regulations for adverts in those countries where they had their ad running in are.

It's not a news that G2A can be the middle man of keys bought with fraudulent chargebacks and that's something they need to fix.
    I'm more surprised that Ubisoft backed down on the revoked keys: that was their right to do so because they tracked the stolen goods and if i'm not mistaken G2A and Kinguin refunded the money to the buyers, or was it during the Sniper Elite 3 launch?
    While i basically don't care about the existance of such dealers anymore, it's funny how they are such in plain sight and still they are in business. Their sponsorship was on Dreamhack, thousands of key from major publisher are sold underpriced and big publishers can't track these keys and shut down this service? Or the majority is sold legally in bulk in lower income countries and then resold on G2A? You know, the loophole created by not having region lock.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

I honestly don't know why the US credit card system allows frivolous chargebacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    It's not a news that G2A can be the middle man of keys bought with fraudulent chargebacks and that's something they need to fix.
    I'm more surprised that Ubisoft backed down on the revoked keys: that was their right to do so because they tracked the stolen goods and if i'm not mistaken G2A and Kinguin refunded the money to the buyers, or was it during the Sniper Elite 3 launch?
    While i basically don't care about the existance of such dealers anymore, it's funny how they are such in plain sight and still they are in business. Their sponsorship was on Dreamhack, thousands of key from major publisher are sold underpriced and big publishers can't track these keys and shut down this service? Or the majority is sold legally in bulk in lower income countries and then resold on G2A? You know, the loophole created by not having region lock.
    G2A is in a good position because Ubisoft comes off looking like the bad guy in this situation, so they probably decided it wasn't worth the bad press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Pay anyone enough money and you can get anything shown. Hell look at all the twitch streamers and youtubers that advertise them.

I know here in the US when I went to see the movie there was no advertisements for G2A so maybe they bought advertisement space at that theater you went to.

G2A sells stolen goods and people support them, Those same people in the same breath bitch and moan about EA.....

Fucken hypocrite's
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-22 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you don't care where the keys are coming from and if a developer is getting compensated why buy the game in the first place?
    I pay for a game, money goes to the dev. If it's a reseller, the developer has already been paid before.