Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    whats wrong with living in a Desert. We are more than capable of doing so, especially with technology. the problem that CA has is with Environmentalists who refuse to allow new Nuclear power plants to be built and would rather see people die from over heating
    Where are these record temperatures coming from I wonder....Environmentalists and the Republicans might have an opinion on that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeshellking View Post
    Well we could redirect all the subsidies that Petrol companies have been getting. They really don't need them, but I don't see that happening unless hell freezes over.
    Actually some of them do.

You have to remember that most of the biggest oil companies in the world are partially owned by Gov't entities. They have backing of those gov'ts and can afford when the oil market takes a hit like they have been for the past year.

now, im not a oil company fanboi, but I'd rather Have American companies get subsides and stay afloat while employing thousands and thousands of people and work to provide us oil than be at the mercy of gov't owned foreign oil companies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Where are these record temperatures coming from I wonder....Environmentalists and the Republicans might have an opinion on that as well.
    I'm sorry, how does nuclear power contribute to Global climate change?

Please do go on, ill wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Its not even hot yet, wait till august.
    Well, we have monsoons here in Az in august, that helps some.

whats wrong with living in a Desert. We are more than capable of doing so, especially with technology. the problem that CA has is with Environmentalists who refuse to allow new Nuclear power plants to be built and would rather see people die from over heating
    Well, for one it's hotter than Satan's ballsack. And 2, people die from it.

Actually some of them do.

You have to remember that most of the biggest oil companies in the world are partially owned by Gov't entities. They have backing of those gov'ts and can afford when the oil market takes a hit like they have been for the past year.

now, im not a oil company fanboi, but I'd rather Have American companies get subsides and stay afloat while employing thousands and thousands of people and work to provide us oil than be at the mercy of gov't owned foreign oil companies.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, how does nuclear power contribute to Global climate change?

Please do go on, ill wait.
    I have no issue whatsoever with Nuclear Power and California is actually very far ahead in terms of renewable energy usage etc.

I was more directing an attack on how you can all comment on where your leaders should be in terms of budget and addressing blackouts due to heatwaves. Whilst then supporting a man with a profile picture for president who flat out denies the temperature is increasing causing much of the problem itself, due to humans.

It honestly baffles me beyond belief.

Those same "Environmentalists" your so happy to scorn warned you this would happen 50 years ago and that the problem would only get worse causing more heatwaves and as a result needing a larger investment of infrastructure. Right wing double think.
    Last edited by Release; 2016-06-22 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Thankfully I got SolarCity; So long as it does not happen at night, I should be ok... lol...

But this story as a whole is why we need a Smart Grid in the US. With more people switching to Solar, and other renewable energy that is generated on the property, etc, having a smart grid can help situations like this.
    as long as i and other taxpayers dont have to pay for your solar panels im fine with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no issue whatsoever with Nuclear Power and California is actually very far ahead in terms of renewable energy usage etc.

I was more directing an attack on how you can all comment on where your leaders should be in terms of budget and addressing blackouts due to heatwaves. Whilst then supporting a man with a profile picture for president who flat out denies the temperature is increasing causing much of the problem itself, due to humans.

Those same "Environmentalists" your so happy to scorn warned you this would happen 50 years ago and that the problem would only get worse causing more heatwaves and as a result needing a larger investment of infrastructure. Right wing double think.
    lmao you think global warming is causing this? lmao

no really....

the desert is hot guys

who would have known! the global warming guys did!

PS i believe in global warming, however this not a symptom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Well, for one it's hotter than Satan's ballsack. And 2, people die from it.
    people die from things all the time? cold, tornado, volcano, earthquake, hurricane, and countless other ways to die. im sure heat exhaustion is at the bottom of the list.

- - - Updated - - -

they are not really record temps... its happened before

Not a symptom?

It looks like its getting hotter to me but what do I know its the desert and its hot.
    Last edited by Release; 2016-06-22 at 01:32 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for upgrading the grid, but who is going to pay for it?

Yeah.. Fuck those that go without power. They just just move to where power is better.

I mean really Tony? What do we do just let it goes until it fails completely and millions go without power?

Please tell me you aren't that fucking stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

as far as the Nuclear goes, I would like us to be on the forefront of the technology. This is America and we are certainly capable and really, in my eyes, we should be leading the world when it comes to technology.

But... but... who's going to pay for that?

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    the desert is hot guys

who would have known! the global warming guys did!

PS i believe in global warming, however this not a symptom
    Don't be obtuse, it's not simply the fact that it's hot.

It's the fact that we keep getting record setting temperatures. This year has been hot, even by California desert standards. Regularly occurring extreme events is an oxymoron.

- - - Updated - - -

a
    they are not really record temps... its happened before
    You better not be appealing to the distant past, here. Because if so, then you're arguing on a technicality and missing the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Nuclear is actually what we should have been pushing for the last few decades. The idea that we're going to get to a carbon free energy system without nuclear energy anytime this half-century is a farce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Hahaha, the greatest country on Earth and you lose power? Put more money into guns and armies. Maybe that will help distract public from basic issues. Haha, it is always refreshing to be reminded of the stupidity of Americans.

Infracted for Nation Bashing
    as long as you know its the greatest country on earth.

i live in vegas where i've never had the power go out other than an idiot hitting a transformer. i did hear of a library not too far from me lose power and it struck me as odd but other than that nothing and its hot as hell here.

Has the west coast still not built new nuke plants? This power issue has existed for quite a while now, at some point there needs to be an explanation for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

as long as you know its the greatest country on earth.

i live in vegas where i've never had the power go out other than an idiot hitting a transformer. i did hear of a library not too far from me lose power and it struck me as odd but other than that nothing and its hot as hell here.
    No comment then about the global warming graphs after me and Garnier called you on it? Just leaving it as the desert is hot and moving on in classic Republican style?

We have a automated back up generator, bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by meian View Post
    Eh, we kind of deserve it with this fucking clown fiesta we call a federal government.
    you can tell when somebody is young and naive.

using words like "clown fiesta" only makes you sound (damn mods i hate u)

- - - Updated - - -

No comment then about the global warming graphs after me and Garnier called you on it? Just leaving it as the desert is hot and moving on in classic Republican style?
    must have missed it nor do i care. your graphs say its getting hotter tho? wow sounds crazy after an ice age. CRAZY

also any damage we do can be reversed and fixed thru technology. stop getting your panties in a bunch we have real problems to deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Hookers and blow?
    im sure cali uses more blow and has more hookers than any country/state in the world.

you can tell when somebody is young and naive.

using words like "clown fiesta" only makes you sound (damn mods i hate u)

- - - Updated - - -

must have missed it nor do i care. your graphs say its getting hotter tho? wow sounds crazy after an ice age. CRAZY
    Were actually in something called an interglacial period where all parts of the earth have now recorded 400ppm in Co2. The highest in 21 million years and much it from 1960 onwards. You just come across as ignorant.

also any damage we do can be reversed and fixed thru technology. stop getting your panties in a bunch we have real problems to deal with.
    This idea that we can fix it later is based one either reluctance to address the issue or unfounded faith in limitless human ingenuity, and nothing else.

The reality is that even if we take out all the excess carbon we've been emitting since the industrial revolution began, and we did it all tomorrow, we would still see the effects for a very long time. Changes in the climate system do not happen quickly. Why do you think it took over 100 years for the effects to become significant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I was in 29 Palms. I feel your pain.

Especially because our AC shit the bed all the time. Also we never stayed in the barracks.

That's the curse of artillery. We were always training lol
    shade matters tho

if you have clouds and a breeze its infinitely better than stale heat directly in the sun

i know, i work in the sun.. with water nearby reflecting the light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This idea that we can fix it later is based one either reluctance to address the issue or unfounded faith in limitless human ingenuity, and nothing else.

The reality is that even if we take out all the excess carbon we've been emitting since the industrial revolution began, and we did it all tomorrow, we would still see the effects for a very long time. Changes in the climate system do not happen quickly. Why do you think it took over 100 years for the effects to become significant?
    show me a scientist that believes that

- - - Updated - - -

Were actually in something called an interglacial period where all parts of the earth have now recorded 400ppm in Co2. The highest in 21 million years and much it from 1960 onwards. You just come across as ignorant.
    400 parts per million

WOW... no really WOW.... am i supposed to be impressed? go plants some trees. what are you doing to combat this huge problem you think it is?

Donating to environmental charities, trying to use air travel as little as I can, running my house from solar, planting certain types of bio diversity friendly and Co2 consuming fauna in my garden, subscribing to a green ISP, running low power and high efficiency technology where possible.

Now can I make my point or do you need more to fall back on the standard hypocrite environmental defense?

I won't waste time about the rest of your post other than to say two things.

1. My avatar is tounge in cheek humor. I don't support trump.

2. Environmentalists have reapeatly shit down proposals for new nuclear plants in CA and have shut down others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Yeah.. Fuck those that go without power. They just just move to where power is better.

I mean really Tony? What do we do just let it goes until it fails completely and millions go without power?

Please tell me you aren't that fucking stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

1. A trillion dollars is A lot of money, therefore it's a valid question.

2. Oh I don't know....private companies that develop technology to make money.

Spend less time looking for ways to attack me and read before you type.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    I can see where it could come from:
    Thats federal. Power is generally state or locally run. Thats like saying i could buy a car because my parents have money. They do offer rebates and credits for things like solar but they arent going to foot the bill for a big state project. Though i wonder what the cost of that overhaul would compare to that bullet train project.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gots a feeling this is going to be one of the hottest if not the hottest summer on record.