Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    ??????

You do realize that it's an extremely prevailing tactic to just go after what is the most effective?

I mean, that has literally NOTHING to do with being a Psychopath.
    There's a difference between running Mythics for valor a few times a week and running around grinding random mobs for hours and hours on end for a minuscule chance at a legendary. Grinding random mobs will not be the most effective way to gear.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    There's a difference between running Mythics for valor a few times a week and running around grinding random mobs for hours and hours on end for a minuscule chance at a legendary. Grinding random mobs will not be the most effective way to gear.
    Well, people already corrected me that random mobs will not drop Legendaries, so there is that.

But Dungeons, on the other hand....

Guess it's back to the TBC days of tabards, except, we doing Legendaries now. It's like Tbc, but, with more RNG. Oh dear lord.

Well, people already corrected me that random mobs will not drop Legendaries, so there is that.

Guess it's back to the TBC days of tabards, except, we doing Legendaries now. It's like Tbc, but, with more RNG. Oh dear lord.
    Oh no, God forbid we actually have a reason to run dungeons again!
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Oh no, God forbid we actually have a reason to run dungeons again!
    Running dungeons is fine, but there is a fine line between it being an option and the Go to for maxing out your chanse of getting a legendary.

Running dungeons is fine, but there is a fine line between it being an option and the Go to for maxing out your chanse of getting a legendary.
    There is a limit on how many legendaries you can equip (1 to start, 2 with certain class hall research) and there is bad luck protection on your first legendary drop-- the longer you go with no legendary, the more likely you will be to get it. So just playing normally should suffice. They also hinted that, in later patches, you'll start to be able to target a specific legendary if you really want it.

All you need is patience, and not grinding the game 24/7 until you get one. Just because you have no sense of moderation doesn't mean the rest of us can't have nice things, after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    There is a limit on how many legendaries you can equip (1 to start, 2 with certain class hall research) and there is bad luck protection on your first legendary drop-- the longer you go with no legendary, the more likely you will be to get it. So just playing normally should suffice. They also hinted that, in later patches, you'll start to be able to target a specific legendary if you really want it.

All you need is patience, and not grinding the game 24/7 until you get one. Just because you have no sense of moderation doesn't mean the rest of us can't have nice things, after all.
    Which, still, has 0 to do with the point i was making.

Blizzard is about catering to everyone, so with that in mind, how do they cater to thoose who do NOT play in moderation, thoose who DO Recognize that Dungeons will be able to give you legendaries, and that you might want a specific one?

Don't get me wrong, it ain't a big deal, but if i get a shitty legendary that improves a skill i will never want to use outside of having gotten that legendary, i might just grind until i get a better one.

But the system is not designed for that, though, is it?

So you are left with Grinding Dungeons until your eyes bleed. And some will, you can quote me on that.

Blizzard shouldn't be expected to save you from yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard is about catering to everyone, so with that in mind, how do they cater to thoose who do NOT play in moderation, thoose who DO Recognize that Dungeons will be able to give you legendaries, and that you might want a specific one?

Don't get me wrong, it ain't a big deal, but if i get a shitty legendary that improves a skill i will never want to use outside of having gotten that legendary, i might just grind until i get a better one.

So you are left with Grinding Dungeons until your eyes bleed. And some will, you can quote me on that.
    So what? Some will. Some people raid 16 hours a day when new content drops. You can't save the hardcore from themselves.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Blizzard shouldn't be expected to save you from yourself.
    You don't understand how designing video games work, right?

You tailor an experience to the user - Everything you do, is based on that the player, should have a good time.

Remember, if i don't like their game, that is THEIR loss, not mine ; They lose revenue, not me. I simply play another game.

So, with that said, it still fits their philosophy to tailor it to EVERYONE. Which Legion is doing.

Thus, again, where is my safety net?

You don't understand how designing video games work, right?

You tailor an experience to the user - Everything you do, is based on that the player, should have a good time.

Remember, if i don't like their game, that is THEIR loss, not mine ; They lose revenue, not me. I simply play another game.

So, with that said, it still fits their philosophy to tailor it to EVERYONE. Which Legion is doing.

Thus, again, where is my safety net?
    You tailor it to the majority. You can't stop the hardcore poopsockers from being hardcore poopsockers, they're going to rip through content as fast as you put it in front of them. You need to design games for the middle 80%-90% of the player base. You can't cater your game to the extreme hardcores or the extreme casuals, and the idea that you would need a safety net from yourself is idiotic.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Seems to me, by the amount of posting you have done, that it is a big deal for you.

Like a lot of people have tried to tell you, don't do want to what you don't enjoy. Play the parts that are enjoyable, the net result will not be a massive difference the the ilvl/quality/power of your gear. The difference will be that you keep your sanity.

Deleted
    You tailor it to the majority. You can't stop the hardcore poopsockers from being hardcore poopsockers, they're going to rip through content as fast as you put it in front of them. You need to design games for the middle 80%-90% of the player base. You can't cater your game to the extreme hardcores or the extreme casuals, and the idea that you would need a safety net from yourself is idiotic.
    And it is a prevelant enough theory, that people follow efficiency, that it becomes a substancial part of the Demographic that is affected.

If you can design Mythic for say, 1.5% of the Population, i am certain that they could implement safety nets for thoose of us who follow the most efficient path of things.

As history tells, with Blizz, they do not create content for only 80-90%. Countless raids, history of attunements, over-tuning etc., all speaks for itself.

Thus, again, I am willing to invest my time into THEIR game, see ; MY time, MY money - They present the product to me.

Thus, they need to account for a safety net, for players, like me - That is how designing video games work, you don't tell your customer that "Their demand is idiotic". That's a 101 on how to NOT do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bocek View Post
    Seems to me, by the amount of posting you have done, that it is a big deal for you.

Like a lot of people have tried to tell you, don't do want to what you don't enjoy. Play the parts that are enjoyable, the net result will not be a massive difference the the ilvl/quality/power of your gear. The difference will be that you keep your sanity.
    It's an interesting subject, still ; What drives me on these forums is discussion, not results per say. If i want practical results, i do just as you stated.

And it is a prevelant enough theory, that people follow efficiency, that it becomes a substancial part of the Demographic that is affected.

If you can design Mythic for say, 1.5% of the Population, i am certain that they could implement safety nets for thoose of us who follow the most efficient path of things.

As history tells, with Blizz, they do not create content for only 80-90%. Countless raids, history of attunements, over-tuning etc., all speaks for itself.

Thus, again, I am willing to invest my time into THEIR game, see ; MY time, MY money - They propose the produt to me.

Thus, they need to account for a safety net, for players, like me - That is how designing video games work, you don't tell your customer that "Their demand is idiotic". That's a 101 on how to NOT do it.
    The game is designed to the average player. There are concessions to the most hardcore and concessions to the most casual, but the bulk of the content is geared towards an average player. There's no reason to gut the content for the average player just because the most hardcore 5% literally can't stop themselves from doing content they don't want to do 20 hours a day just because they might get a legendary. The product is not designed for YOU and your personal lack of self control, it is designed to appeal to the greatest possible player base. That's why mythic is not the only difficulty level.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    The game is designed to the average player. There are concessions to the most hardcore and concessions to the most casual, but the bulk of the content is geared towards an average player. There's no reason to gut the content for the average player just because the most hardcore 5% literally can't stop themselves from doing content they don't want to do 20 hours a day just because they might get a legendary. The product is not designed for YOU and your personal lack of self control, it is designed to appeal to the greatest possible player base. That's why mythic is not the only difficulty level.
    Gut the content? How is creating a safety net against excessive grinding, gutting content?

If anything, it would be ADDING content ; Let me get my specific legendary, but putting in a lot of effort.

It's like, what, add a currency, let me buy an upgrade for said currency that i get through Dungeons at a reasonable assumed level, due to accounting for knowing grind?

You are literally speaking AGAINST the idea of MORE content, not protecting the game from getting Gutted.

Gut the content? How is creating a safety net against excessive grinding, gutting content?

If anything, it would be ADDING content ; Let me get my specific legendary, but putting in a lot of effort.

It's like, what, add a currency, let me buy an upgrade for said currency that i get through Dungeons at a reasonable assumed level, due to accounting for knowing grind?
    Because then there would be no incentive to do the content... You're going to get your damn legendary at some point, didn't everyone bitch about having gated legendaries the past couple expansions?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Because then there would be no incentive to do the content... You're going to get your damn legendary at some point, didn't everyone bitch about having gated legendaries the past couple expansions?
    So add some RNG to it, some level range of that it can scale upwards, done, boom, increased number range = extended longevity beyond the span of just getting random legendaries. (Put Titanforged on them?!?!?!)

Gated legendaries were terrible, cause you had to do all that irrelevant BS to get them.

I mean, to be honest, the first time you did the back in pandaria? Sure, i get it, tablets this, marks this, blah this, blah that - But really, in the end, it was just, TOO DAMN LONG.

It did not feel legendary in the least, it was just a massive block, between me and something that increased my performance IMMENSELY.

Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    I just hope we're not getting titanforged relics
    There are already titanforged relics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the titanforged relics could be bad, is not the same to see a 950 shoulders improving my dps against a relic who can give me idk +100 ilvl to my artifact thats a huge dps improve 850 artifact vs 900

Dungeons have always had a carrot on stick reason to go do them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I appreciate his generous assumption that I have friends that I'd run dungeons with, but it was unnecessary as I'm able to admit I have none.
    Lol same here. Only 1 of my toons is in a guild. its my very first toon ( spriest) and the guild is just him and some characters of a friend who hasnt played in two years.

Did you play WoD at all? There is literally no reason at all to run dungeons. In previous expansions, there was little reason to run dungeons outside of the valor. Nothing during the entire dungeon run was exciting, it was just blazing through to get the daily valor and then log out till tomorrow. Now each dungeon run has a chance for you to get an upgrade. Each boss.

It generally might not happen, but I don't see how this isn't a clear improvement over previous systems.