Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hardware Acceleration enabled in your browser? I'd try disabling it.

Have read around that can wreak havoc on GPU usage, especially with Flash and WebGL.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I've been playing with flash lately and chrome seems to not play nicely with it with multiple streams going seems to just be a flaw in older software. That's more than likely the OPs problem. Also curiosity do you run Chrome Paloqt?
    Nope, Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I got the same issues with Twitch stream + Games. Use Livestreamer instead, that takes care of it for me.
    That's an alternative I didn't mention, it's a python program that plays streams from a few services such as Twitch into VLC.
    See here : https://github.com/chrippa/livestreamer/releases and http://docs.livestreamer.io/

On google chrome?
    Yes, with Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Yes, with Chrome.
    I still have a feeling it has something to do with flash being old and not playing well with other programs. I have it disabled personally. Disable flash and use the other way to view streams given on page one. And let me know if it still causes issues.

I also experience stuttering on my PC with 2 twitch tabs open in chrome. Since I never have a reason to be watching two streams at the same time, it doesn't really impact me, but yea.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...ic/20744384275

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c..._latest_patch/

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...5045626#post-1

It might just be an issue with the game. My gpu isn't great, it's a hd 6870, but on low-med settings it'll run 60-70 fps no problems. Lately though it's been dropping into the teens, sometimes when nothing is even going on in the game. I'm not capping out my processor either, so it's not that.

This weekend I even installed a new ssd and did a completely fresh install of windows and everything else on it. I thought it fixed it, but last night I started to lag again in the last game I played, so I don't really know if I fixed it yet or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure I understand why you're trying to play Overwatch and watch two streams at the same time? That doesn't even make sense.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I'm not really sure I understand why you're trying to play Overwatch and watch two streams at the same time? That doesn't even make sense.
    I know right lol, that why i said how many weirdos are out there that is is affecting : )

I still havent tried a different browser i will tonite to see if chrome is the culprit. TBH reason i made the thread is i was contemplating upgrading to an i7 but i believe this to be a software problem not hardware.

Am I the only one wondering why the OP wants to play Overwatch and watch TWO streams at the same time?
    Or is that normal with the kids these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    Am I the only one wondering why the OP wants to play Overwatch and watch TWO streams at the same time?
    Or is that normal with the kids these days?
    Possibly waiting for a stream to start up while watching another in the mean time? I do it with DOTA tournaments all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Possibly waiting for a stream to start up while watching another in the mean time? I do it with DOTA tournaments all the time.
    If you're waiting for a stream to start up you should have 0 perfomance issues watching one stream unless you've broken something.

Just tried firefox, and while i could detect a stutter it was at least 50% better than chrome. I kinda figured that was the case, chrome is written so poorly i wish firefox was the browser i started with in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Just tried firefox, and while i could detect a stutter it was at least 50% better than chrome. I kinda figured that was the case, chrome is written so poorly i wish firefox was the browser i started with in the first place.
    Firefox doesn't have flash unless you installed it seperately that's why.

Firefox doesn't have flash unless you installed it seperately that's why.
    So even tho twitch has the HTML5 UI its still using flash? I think i read this somewhere in the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is completely unrelated but why does swtor run so cold on my GPU? Ive never seen it go over 50c, even WoW gets hotter. In overwatch ive seen 70c, not like there is a ton of difference in OW graphics to SWTOR but there is a 20c difference. I run vsync on in all my games.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're waiting for a stream to start up you should have 0 perfomance issues watching one stream unless you've broken something.
    Let me rephrase: Lots of tournaments have downtime but the stream is still running with nothing going on. Still streaming, just "not started".

So even tho twitch has the HTML5 UI its still using flash? I think i read this somewhere in the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is completely unrelated but why does swtor run so cold on my GPU? Ive never seen it go over 50c, even WoW gets hotter. In overwatch ive seen 70c, not like there is a ton of difference in OW graphics to SWTOR but there is a 20c difference. I run vsync on in all my games.
    wow's more demanding because of flying + view distance giving you a wider angle on lots of foliage and with shadows+aa that's a gpu killer. Swtor is slightly lighter in those terms

15+ Year Old Account
    So even tho twitch has the HTML5 UI its still using flash?
    Sadly, yes. If you check your process list, you can see the flash container running. If I watch a Twitch stream in Firefox, I see about 30-40% CPU usage on my 4.5GHz i5 2500k. If I use Livestreamer or something similar to force the stream into a video player (I prefer MPC-HC, as I've found it to be the lowest CPU usage) and then use Chatty for Twitch chat, that usage drops to 3-5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Sadly, yes. If you check your process list, you can see the flash container running. If I watch a Twitch stream in Firefox, I see about 30-40% CPU usage on my 4.5GHz i5 2500k. If I use Livestreamer or something similar to force the stream into a video player (I prefer MPC-HC, as I've found it to be the lowest CPU usage) and then use Chatty for Twitch chat, that usage drops to 3-5%.
    Wow thats nuts, im gonna have to check out that livestreamer program.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow thats nuts, im gonna have to check out that livestreamer program.
    Personally, I use AGTV. The site that hosts their binary downloads seems to be changed, so that's pretty useless unless you have an environment to compile C++ apps. It's a free application, so I suppose I could get you a copy if you'd like.

Another alternative is Desktop Live Streamer. I didn't prefer this app because there was no "streams I follow" list when I tried it last year. It was simply a game browser that showed you who was streaming under that game. It looks like they've since added a "favorites" list, but I can't attest to how well that works. It also defaults to using VLC, which used a bit more CPU than MPC-HC for me.

There is also Twitch Multi Stream Viewer, but it uses an internal player that I believe is flash-based. It used nearly as much CPU as Twitch in a browser.

Finally, there's Livestreamer Twitch GUI, which is just a front-end for Livestreamer, which is otherwise a command line application.

Edit: Twitcha seems to be a new one, but appears to be another front-end for Livestreamer.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2016-06-22 at 05:52 PM.