Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    So they are lazy.
    And want players to cock block others from the 2 dungeons.
    No, there is a difference between being efficient and being lazy. By time most characters have access to those dungeons they will already be ahead of the 825 gear heroic dungeons drop so why would people run them?

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    No, there is a difference between being efficient and being lazy. By time most characters have access to those dungeons they will already be ahead of the 825 gear heroic dungeons drop so why would people run them?
    Why let players block others from experiencing something?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Hey, do what you want and so will I.

I'm done with guilds/loot cliques/ putting up with raging kick-happy dbags, etc. Did that from Naxx10 through FL. LFR came out and I havent been back since. And the mythic only mounts and titles are most definitely NOT enough to entice me back, not even close.
    I'm not telling you how to play, but I do think you are letting your poor past experiences stop you from having a more enjoyable one now. You'd be surprised how not everyone/guild out there is selfish. You may be isolating yourself from groups of people you will connect with or simply have more fun interacting with. Try throwing some feelers out from time to time, you never know what may happen.

Anyhow take the advice or leave its your game to play, but keeping an open mind helps here just like irl ;-D

Why let players block others from experiencing something?
    How are players blocking other players? just cause some want to use lfd exclusively? I'd say those players are stopping themselves by choice, not by other players.

So players wont put high restrictions on mythic dungeon groups?

The common ilvl request for mythic on beta is 830, this is 5ilvl higher then the drops from heroics and 5 ilvls LOWER then world quest drops (assuming you have 825ilvl)

The number is very easy to obtain and people arent likely to completely ignore your tell if you are 828 or 829

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    A good change, and a step in the right direction I say. Any move away from world of queuecraft is a change in the right direction, and that's the majority of the player base speaking.
    No that is one idiot on MMO champion speaking. One who's opinion does not mean much since he seems to think that one person constitutes a majority.

The common ilvl request for mythic on beta is 830, this is 5ilvl higher then the drops from heroics and 5 ilvls LOWER then world quest drops (assuming you have 825ilvl)

The number is very easy to obtain and people arent likely to completely ignore your tell if you are 828 or 829
    Beta is different than live.
    More news at 11

I mean, Mythic is the new heroic.

7+ Year Old Account
    More news at 11
    dude shut the fuck up... your just crying about blizz being lazy because they dont want to waste time on stuff NO ONE WILL EVER DO

if you require 830 ilvl to get the dungeons, why should they build versions with gear 800 and 820?

its like them bringing out a raid that on normal gives 900 ilvl, heroic 920, and mythic 940

then the next raid gives 850, 870, and 980,
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

With Mythic+ Dungeons, I thought this might be the case, however I did not expect Blizzard to actually do it. Most achievements for the Dungeon Hero required a bit of coordination - or at the least know the achievement requirement and actively seek it out - to complete, so it makes sense that forming a group on your own, or joining one, is the way to get this achievement rather than queuing into a random group of four unknown players and trying to get them to cooperate.

More news at 11
    There are so many people on the beta servers they function much like live ones (other then the ah). Also as I said previously you dont need leadership skills to run your own 5man, just invite 5 people of the proper roles.

The mythics are very easy with 830 ilvl and its not like mythics on live where there were previous raid tiers to inflate ilvl of everyone so requesting high numbers was possible. The people looking to do mythics are mostly in heroic gear. I don't expect to see the 830 standard to vary much.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    dude shut the fuck up... your just crying about blizz being lazy because they dont want to waste time on stuff NO ONE WILL EVER DO

if you require 830 ilvl to get the dungeons, why should they build versions with gear 800 and 820?

its like them bringing out a raid that on normal gives 900 ilvl, heroic 920, and mythic 940

then the next raid gives 850, 870, and 980,
    I am not crying. So go fuck off.

- - - Updated - - -

There are so many people on the beta servers they function much like live ones (other then the ah). Also as I said previously you dont need leadership skills to run your own 5man, just invite 5 people of the proper roles.

The mythics are very easy with 830 ilvl and its not like mythics on live where there were previous raid tiers to inflate ilvl of everyone so requesting high numbers was possible. The people looking to do mythics are mostly in heroic gear. I don't expect to see the 830 standard to vary much.
    Beta is for testing. To test things properly requirements must stay low.
    Requirements wont be low when it hits live

God, I love this change.

If you somehow did "Glory of the Hero" achievements in random queue, sucks for you, but since 99.9% of us did it by getting a 5-man group together to specifically do achievements, this is a great change.

Also, mythic dungeons are not hard in Legion. Not hard at all.

I see good and bad with this. It'll be nice to go through a daily heroic without being told by a random that we're doing such and such achieve. But this is kind of like Surumar. They make a nice piece of content that was good in its own right, but not required. Then they shoehorn tons of crap that you'll want/need into "optional content" and make it anything but.

And yes, after the first 2 weeks, if you're behind the curve because you have a job, kids, etc. the ilvl will be inflated. This xpac feels like they're putting in more stuff to do, which is good. But if you can't focus on the game, especially in the first few weeks, it definitely feels like you'll get left behind, and I'm not looking forward to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a new concept. Form your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    God, I love this change.

If you somehow did "Glory of the Hero" achievements in random queue, sucks for you, but since 99.9% of us did it by getting a 5-man group together to specifically do achievements, this is a great change.

Also, mythic dungeons are not hard in Legion. Not hard at all.
    Yup. People used to bitch and leave if you didn't do some stupid achievement as well. Or god forbid someone wanted Leeroy on their 9th alt. This way you can start the group with the expectation you're doing achievements.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I just saw this on the front page, and I must say, Blizzard is really going above expectations with Legion! I am so happy for this change!

Hats off to Blizzard for this! Really exciting news to make the game great again. I can only expect that because of this change, the dungeon hero achievement mount (if they have one from this achievement still) will only be obtainable if a player completes them in Mythic or Mythic+ difficulty!

Great change imho.

What do you think about this change?
    hahaha desperate move because they know that without it mythic dungeons can end up in being huge failure - wont change the playerbase atittude of "bring 890 itlv or gtfo" so it pointless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    It's not the difficulty that's the problem, it's the fact that you have to manually form a group for that specific purpose of doing the achievement, instead of just queing up for a random daily dungeon where you could get the easy achievements as a bonus on the side. The achievements have never been overwhelmingly hard, this is just a change of inconvenience.

Bad change.
    God forbid you need to socialize in a MMORPG. Earth Shattering, am I right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    hahaha desperate move because they know that without it mythic dungeons can end up in being huge failure - wont change the playerbase atittude of "bring 890 itlv or gtfo" so it pointless
    Psst. make friends.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

TiL every single entry in the group finder is elitist assholes

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    God forbid you need to socialize in a MMORPG. Earth Shattering, am I right?
    So how's your socializing in current Mythic dungeon groups?

"Hi"
    *proceed to clear the easy dungeons quickly and flawlessly*
    "Bye"

Forcing always gives you best and liked results, yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    So how's your socializing in current Mythic dungeon groups?

"Hi"
    *proceed to clear the easy dungeons quickly and flawlessly*
    "Bye"

Forcing always gives you best and liked results, yes?
    I'm guessing you don't socialize. But I've made plenty of friends from mythic groups. Mostly "You're good, here's my btag, we can do more sometime"

Especially if they continue to scale up. You'll need to socialize in the higher brackets of mythic+
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.