Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Transmog is so expensive

Why is the price to transmog your gear suddenly skyrocketing? I used to spend barley 150g to transmog all my gear, now it's upwards of 450g. This is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gersemi View Post
    Why is the price to transmog your gear suddenly skyrocketing? I used to spend barley 150g to transmog all my gear, now it's upwards of 450g. This is stupid.
    Minor gold sink increase. Most players have plenty of gold. As gold becomes easier to earn, they must increase ways to spend it. I have zero problems with the change and am by no means a rich player. Sitting on 500k
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Isn't the price to trangmog a piece the same price it would be to vendor that piece of gear? So if I can vendor my weapon for 85g it will cost me 85g to transmog that piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersemi View Post
    I wonder if blizzard has data on how much gold people have? I know people who have less than 1k, several.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Minor gold sink increase. Most players have plenty of gold. As gold becomes easier to earn, they must increase ways to spend it. I have zero problems with the change and am by no means a rich player. Sitting on 500k
    Define most people
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I wonder if blizzard has data on how much gold people have? I know people who have less than 1k, several.
    This people need to learn a thing called basic gold making. Solo data 25 heroic raids. Make3-5k per raid easy and come legion even horrible Alts will be able to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Less than 1k gold? Its literally almost impossible to be so broke, what do these people you speak of spend their money on? Do anything in the game at lvl 100 and you will make gold. Even raiding. Even pvp. Especially garrisons.
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Isn't the price to trangmog a piece the same price it would be to vendor that piece of gear? So if I can vendor my weapon for 85g it will cost me 85g to transmog that piece.
    I believe so, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Define most people
    "Most people. Means most people"
    Each week on one room you can do Bot.Bed.Fl.Ds and I guess To4w 25 heroic. And make upwards of 15k. And come legion we will have daily world quests. Get a group together. Go kill the world boss. Get 700g. So yes "most people" are sitting on a decent amount of gold. Right now I would call 30k decent. 100k a good amount. 500k very good. 1 mil awesome. And 3+ amazing. Speaking that I make about 100k a week by spending 15 minutes a day sending missions. Someone can easily makemake some gold...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I believe so, yes.
    Yes it's the cost of your gear. How people don't have at least 10k on them at all times. I don't know. Like how donpeople not know of like. Spend 2 hours each week doing cata 25h raids. And make about 15k

Artifact weapons are like 200g or something close in beta atm, 50-ish% of the price of a full set xmog. That's why it's so high.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This people need to learn a thing called basic gold making. Solo data 25 heroic raids. Make3-5k per raid easy and come legion even horrible Alts will be able to do it
    The raids are getting severely nerfed. Items sell for something around 30% less, gold drops from bosses have been nerfed by up to 90%.

From what I've heard, gold gained from questing (and I'm assuming other activities) also "skyrocketed," so it shouldn't really be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    The raids are getting severely nerfed. Items sell for something around 30% less, gold drops from bosses have been nerfed by up to 90%.
    Gold gain in general is getting nerfed to hell. Can't say how professions will affect the economy because lolbeta so we'll see how that goes. But as it is right now without professions the rich are going to stay rich and the non-rich are going to have a harder time becoming rich.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    From what I've heard, gold gained from questing (and I'm assuming other activities) also "skyrocketed," so it shouldn't really be a problem?
    I've noticed the gold gain seems in-line with other expansions while levelling, made about 5k and I'm at 108.

Deleted
    Id like to know how to make so much gold if you dont have 8 alts with max level garrisons. I have plenty of alts but as soon as they hit 100 i basically never touch them and farming for max level garrison is a pain in the ass. I am not a big spender so I slowly build up some gold and now I sit at about 70k spread across about 3-4 characters. But then I read about people making 50-100k per WEEK by just doing missions and im like wtf? Tell me more master.

What? Seriously, why? That was like the one thing that kept farming those mounts being okay despite the low drop rate. Seriously hope this isn't true.

7+ Year Old Account
    the 250g off a boss yes. Its now much less. But the items sell for the exact same amount. (Been testing on beta) and I'm more of speaking right now overall as people are saying they somehow have 1k or less right now... in the easiest to make gold expansion ever. Vanilla I felt safe if I had 100g. Bc 500. wrath 2000. Data 5k. Mop 10k... wow? I drop under 500k and I feel unsafe (sitting on 1.9 mil. As I have not been doing any farming really :/ also been forgetting to do my. Wake up check garrisons. Check garrison go to bed. I do daily

Quote Originally Posted by Hexangel View Post
    Id like to know how to make so much gold if you dont have 8 alts with max level garrisons. I have plenty of alts but as soon as they hit 100 i basically never touch them and farming for max level garrison is a pain in the ass. I am not a big spender so I slowly build up some gold and now I sit at about 70k spread across about 3-4 characters. But then I read about people making 50-100k per WEEK by just doing missions and im like wtf? Tell me more master.
    They specifically get followers with gold gain multipliers lined up and geared out on each toon's garrison. But it's too late to start on that, by the time you're almost done the gold gains will be nerfed/gone. Best way that's doable now is to farm old raids (Cataclysm raids specifically atm on 25 Heroic if possible) and vendor all the stuff/AH anything valuable on one or more character. Firelands alone is a few thousand for 1 run.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexangel View Post
    So you're aware that people are making the gold through garrisons, yet you want someone to tell you how to not need the garrisons to make that gold? What?

I mean, technically you could make 100k on old raids if you ran them like a full time job. But that's not what most people are doing.

Is 450g a lot? I kind of think of that as copper now...

Inflation is only going to get worse in legion I don't know if ten million is a high enough cap..

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    Firelands alone is a few thousand for 1 run.
    Firelands is about 2k. DS too. I've no idea why people exaggerate like this all the time.