Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Megathread] We Happy Few

I'm sort of surprised there was no thread on this yet. Looks to be one of the more interesting games coming out. The concept behind it is really new and interesting, unlike anything I've really seen before in games.

E3 trailer (watch it to the end - really neat):

It looks way better than the early alpha videos I'd seen earlier this year/last year. Very heavy Bioshock visual influence present, but the idea is brilliantly reminiscent of British sci-fi in the 60's/70's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit that was creepy as fuck. Definitely has a BioShock vibe to it, I'll agree with that.
    Putin khuliyo

I remember watching it during the E3 show and it amazed me, got the same vibes you can have from Bioshock games, definitely will buy it and play. I am soo happy this game will be released July 26th, so month from now
    1st person Psychological Steam-Punk Thriller is what I really enjoy
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-22 at 10:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not a fan of the One, but I have to say there are more and more exclusives like this coming out that have begun to intrigue me. ReCore and Scalebound being the other two major upcoming ones besides this that have really caught my eye.

Interesting? Yes.

New? It's a first person psychological thriller in a steam punk style. That sounds like the opposite of new.

I'd play the hell out of it if it came out on pc. Not going to buy an Xbox One anytime soon for it, though.

It was a nice trailer, shame its making most people think its a bioshock style game rather than another 'sir you are being hunted' game it actually is. Boy are some people in for a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It was a nice trailer, shame its making most people think its a bioshock style game rather than another 'sir you are being hunted' game it actually is. Boy are some people in for a disappointment.
    Oh really? I hadn't heard about it before this thread. I liked SYABH alright, although I only played it for a couple of hours before getting bored of it. It was a beautiful game though and interesting concept. I just don't think that style lends itself well to storytelling, so if it's more SYABH and less Bioshock I'm doubly out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Oh really? I hadn't heard about it before this thread. I liked SYABH alright, although I only played it for a couple of hours before getting bored of it. It was a beautiful game though and interesting concept. I just don't think that style lends itself well to storytelling, so if it's more SYABH and less Bioshock I'm doubly out.
    Randomly generated towns, survival and crafting. Its one of 'those' indie games with a premise better than the gameplay deserves.

Right from the start "oh man, i didnt get a good roll this time" put me off. Such a cool idea for a world wasted on another indie procedural generation crafting survival sandbox. Such a shame.

Oh man the Dalek-themed trash can.

EDIT: xbox/PC, that interests me now. The concept looks really interesting.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-06-22 at 10:44 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'd play the hell out of it if it came out on pc. Not going to buy an Xbox One anytime soon for it, though.
    Dude...it's coming on the PC on July 26th, here, take it's Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/320240/ Remember: always google the game + search for it on the Steam, before assuming "it's not on the PC".

Microsoft has said that those games are coming to Windows 10 PC:
    Ark: Survival Evolved
    Crackdown 3
    Cuphead
    Gears of War 4
    Halo Wars 2
    Forza Horizon 3
    ReCore
    Scalebound
    Sea of Thieves
    State of Decay 2
    We Happy Few

Deleted
    The premise looks really, really interesting. The actual looks of the game are spot on as well, and the Uncle Jack character wouldn't be out of place in most dystopian settings. The gameplay looks to be a huge letdown however. You can tell its being made for the Xbox One where these games haven't been flooding the market for the past few years.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2016-06-22 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it looks like if Joker from batman took over London.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

It looks like something I'd enjoy but I don't have an Xbox and I detest the idea of having to upgrade to Windows 10 in order to play it. I'll be giving it a pass.

It is coming out on PC. This was a kickstarted game, not something funded by MS...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It looks like something I'd enjoy but I don't have an Xbox and I detest the idea of having to upgrade to Windows 10 in order to play it. I'll be giving it a pass.
    It will be on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

It will be on steam.
    Hm. I might get it, then.

Alright, everyone who pointed out that it's coming out on PC. Fair enough. =) Still, if it's a repeatable randomly generated game rather than a game with a single storyline I'm kind of "meh" about it. The story is what would draw me in, not the gameplay as much.

Alright, everyone who pointed out that it's coming out on PC. Fair enough. =) Still, if it's a repeatable randomly generated game rather than a game with a single storyline I'm kind of "meh" about it. The story is what would draw me in, not the gameplay as much.
    It's a game that was made on like a $260k budget.

Anyone expecting some ground breaking story is out of their mind.