Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

How many friends have you made just because of World of Warcraft?

I think almost all my best friends of nowadays were met playing this game.
    In fact i have met better people ingame than the ones i met IRL.
    We used to have meetups and i managed to meet one girl and date her, even though she just turned out to be a real royalty of a bitch in the end (*S).

Nowadays i lost the patience to meet new people and i have been a bit of a antisocial (only doing world PvP against other level 100's) but i think in Legion i will try to meet new people and start playing with a Guild with players of my country again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Are you asking how many friends you have because of WoW? If that is the cast I have made about 3 from WoW I keep in contact with. 2 from FFXI that are now married and have kids and that's it from gaming. I am pretty approachable and I actively engage in conversation so most friends I meet in real life.

Deleted
    For me it's more that I met people irl that played wow and than became friends because of that common factor, does that count? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Are you asking how many friends you have because of WoW? If that is the cast I have made about 3 from WoW I keep in contact with. 2 from FFXI that are now married and have kids and that's it from gaming. I am pretty approachable and I actively engage in conversation so most friends I meet in real life.
    I mostly make anemies in real life. i always filtrate my friends and if they don't pass my test of "are you a good person to the bone?" i always tend to cast them out.
    And by casting them out i mostly make enemies lol.
    Turns out only a handful of people are good to the bone ;p

I've done one of them, we had a short relationship, but the distance between us proved to be too difficult.
    Mother pus bucket!

I have done a few people who I was friends with prior, but none because of World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I've done one of them, we had a short relationship, but the distance between us proved to be too difficult.
    Must be because all of you live in real big countries. I live in one of the smallest in the world so every time i meet new people they almost always live near me.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have friends from all facets of Life. Online in games, from Work, from School, people I've randomly met.

Even got engaged to one of my ex- Guildmates, though she turned out to be a cunt. It's a hard knock life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Must be because all of you live in real big countries. I live in one of the smallest in the world so every time i meet new people they almost always live near me.
    What, like the Vatican?
    My friend was not in the same country. About...6-8 hour travel door to door.
    Mother pus bucket!

2 which I would consider real friends. I keep the most contact with them, voice chat with them and talk about almost anything, not always WoW related.

They live in another country though. One of them I have had over a couple of times and it has been great.

I am guessing english is not your primary language. Just so you know, in english your title basically reads 'how of your friends have you had sex with because of wow?' might want to change done to met, or maybe to something like "How many of your close friends were made through wow?"

On the actual subject, I have a few people that are facebook friends because of wow who I keep in semi-regular touch with and have met irl and such but nobody really close or anything. Though one of my closest irl friends I do play wow with, but we met through other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    I am guessing english is not your primary language. Just so you know, in english your title basically reads 'how of your friends have you had sex with because of wow?' might want to change done to met, or maybe to something like "How many of your close friends were made through wow?"
    Ahahah i'm sorry. Yes engrish is not my primary language lol

Deleted
    Zero friends from WoW. And i've played since start of 2006. I've made some "internet pals" back then when my then-IRL friend introduced them for me in game, but when they stopped playing, i've not seen them (not even interested tbh) anywhere. My friends stopped playing in Cata. I was in guild in MoP and talked with them a bit but they have quit also. I don't need friends.

Basically my whole adult life is based on the people I met playing WoW.
    I met my girlfriend there over 8 years ago, we are still together. A wow friend of my told me about a amazing university in his city, so I moved there to study. A large part of my friends in this new city I met because they were playing WoW and showed it someone (wearing a shirt, reading one of the books on the train etc.). It is always a good topic if you want to meet new people, believe it or not. There are still people I met online 10 years ago that I have contact with today, we see each other at least once a year. Last year we celebrated new years eve together.
    Also I was raid and guild leader for a long time and I realized I like organizing that kind of stuff. So I became a project manager in real life.

Deleted
    We all left when the game started to suck, but quite a few.

I have done a lot of friends in WoW, some of them are like 20 years older than me, lol (I'm 22) but i have bigger trust in them than in my irl friends.
    I also met my gf in WoW and we are already living together so yea... WoW is great in this way

I entered this thread unsure of whether you made a mistype and meant "how many friends have you MADE" because of WoW or whether "how many friends have you fucked" was the intended meaning.

Having read the OP, I remain unsure of your meaning.

I haven't actually met any of my vidya friends, I'd like to tho. Idk about fucking them
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I didn't make a lot of friends IN World of Warcraft. My friends came mainly from Ragnarok Online. But I did have a lot of group-content friends that did stuff with me.

Deleted
    WoW has introduced me to some of my closest friends, largely thanks to my roleplay building bridges. Some friends, I'd say, I'm vastly more comfortable than anybody I've known in real life. WoW has also given me a way to keep in touch with friends who I never see any more off of the internet, including the friend I grew up with.

WoW, and to a lesser extent, other mmos (Like GW2), were there for me when I was trying to come to terms with some personal matters. Because I went through my teenage years playing these games, which is when I've been very underconfident and shy, interacting with strangers and meeting new people through PuGs, guilds and roleplay (especially this one) has given me a whole new boost of social confidence in myself.

So, to actually answer your question; Easily a dozen "true" friends, and many other people I consider myself on good, relaxed terms with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    she just turned out to be a real royalty of a bitch in the end (*S).
    That's the norm. When you no longer have anything to offer, they flip the script with the quickness.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================