Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm.. No? A player is a player. Your job to not be a dick is all the difference there should be.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, I automatically make the assumption that every "female " in game is a dude until proven otherwise.
    and This.

I don't treat anyone differently based on their avatar's appearance. But I have noticed that I was treated differently when I was playing a female character.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but i do however treat em less if they got a shitty transmog, or no transmog at all and their "base" gear looks like shit
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ive noticed when a player is playing on a Female character, other players act differently around these players.

For example, I was on my human female warlock in a normal HFC group finder raid, and other players started /flirting with me, and asking if I was a girl and "17/m/cali u?" and other shit like that.

Is this normal? Do players honestly correlate a person playing a female character as being female?

This didn't just happen to me, ive been in stormwind, and other locations where players gather and it always seems like players playing male characters are doing tons of emotes, flirts and other stuff to female characters.
    Nope. I found the wow community is equally rude to all genders especially if they are new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    No, but i do however treat em less if they got a shitty transmog, or no transmog at all and their "base" gear looks like shit
    this proves my point

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume everyone is a guy unless I'm told otherwise. I am a girl myself.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, I automatically make the assumption that every "female " in game is a dude until proven otherwise.
    Pretty much this, yet all guilds i have been in had a large % of rl female players. Side-note: No 'issues' like the guild dramas you read here in certain threads, maybe because all were more average age >30'ish, dunno.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I treat everyone the same regardless. Same as real-life, if a Woman fucks up I'll be as harsh to her as I would a Guy. same as in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I honestly never notice what gender characters are when Im around other players. I still cant tell you the genders of my wifes or kids characters and we all have played for many years together.
    You might want to see a doctor about that.

No, I hate everyone equally.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I don't behave differently, but I certainly notice a difference.

People offering to help me with quests, giving me free portals etc

The power of virtual tits.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, and if you do you're most likely a basement virgin.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

All my characters are female, and I have never had anything of the sort - I don't even know how you guys find these kinds of people.

The only things thats ever happened to me is when they find out I'm a female, through general talking or through teamspeak, and I've had a couple or three weird guys sort of trying to cosy up to me, one ended up stalking me. But personally, I do believe everyone is male until proven otherwise as well.

Deleted
    Other than silently checking the transmogs (since in my personal opinion there's just way more variety in cool transmogs for female characters) nope.

Personally I've noticed that I have a weird scheme in character creation myself. Any character I create for the purpose of playing as a main will be male, characters I create for just trying a class, or a gathering/crafting alt are usually female. Maybe I'm a patriarchal toxic masculine fuckboi? ^^

Totally agreed

I am male and most of my characters are female. Why? Because I feel that certain races and/or classes suit male or female chars bettwr than vice versa.

Any way I play wow over 10 years and never have recieved any sexist whispers or even qyestions about my sex.
    And I have never asked about anyone's sex. Who cares? As long as players are good and interesting persons. I dont care their sex

No. I even call everyone a "he" eventhough the person playing actually might be a female. I don't know. I just call everyone a he and will act the same to them as any other player.

No, why would I?

female human rogue, paladin, or warrior = i instantly assume they're a douchebag tryhard pvper.

other than that, no.

Most female character are dudes.

And even if it was indeed a female, why the hell should I treat her differently?

I actually hate when girls purposely state their gender expecting to be treated better (in my language adjectives and articles have gender distinctions so it's pretty damn blatant when they do this)

Deleted
    No, in fact I only had 1 weird encounter, which was when I started playing WoW and a gnome wanted to dance with my character.

That being said, I mostly play night elf females and after like 2 years of playing in the same guild the issue of genders came up and when I said I'm a guy I got an avalanche of replies in guild chat that 3/4 of the people thought I'm a girl. So, even with people believing I was a girl, I got no preferential treatment.