Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexangel View Post
    Id like to know how to make so much gold if you dont have 8 alts with max level garrisons. I have plenty of alts but as soon as they hit 100 i basically never touch them and farming for max level garrison is a pain in the ass. I am not a big spender so I slowly build up some gold and now I sit at about 70k spread across about 3-4 characters. But then I read about people making 50-100k per WEEK by just doing missions and im like wtf? Tell me more master.
    The 100k is a lot of investment. Stick to what your doing now though. There is not enough time left till prepatch to make the investment worth it if you start.

All of this on as many rooms as possible. I did this on 11. Would have done 22 since I'm on combined server... but didn't want to spend the time...

Level3 inn. Gold missions+recruit another gold hunter each week
    Level3 barracks. Extra expenses missions. And 25 follower slots
    Level2/3 Dwarvern Bunker. Makes gearing up your followers easier 3 helps but not required
    Level1 trading post. Turn extra garrison resources into money with it.
    Salvage yard level three. Spam missions of all kinds. Gives you boxes of gold. Stuff to put on Ah and tmog/gear of to sell
    Makes lots of gold. But requires a lot of time/gold investment to start up. And come pre-event it will all be nerfed a ton. So don't start now. Just stick with farming cata 25h runs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Firelands is about 2k. DS too. I've no idea why people exaggerate like this all the time.
    You get 250g a boss... so no "exaggerating" as then you also get hundreds of gold worth of gear... if I wasn't in bed about to sleep. I would do a run. Sell the stuff. And show you the profit
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Firelands is about 2k. DS too. I've no idea why people exaggerate like this all the time.
    Vendoring everything sure, Counting in BOE's that might sell it increases. Add in hides from skinning it increases again.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You get 250g a boss... so no "exaggerating" as then you also get hundreds of gold worth of gear... if I wasn't in bed about to sleep. I would do a run. Sell the stuff. And show you the profit
    No, they drop 120-125g. Which equals about 1 grand. Items sell for, on average, about the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    Vendoring everything sure, Counting in BOE's that might sell it increases. Add in hides from skinning it increases again.
    Alright, I can see that increasing the average a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, they drop 120-125g. Which equals about 1 grand. Items sell for, on average, about the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I can see that increasing the average a bit.
    Bosses alone 1131 for firelands so you were close add in vendoring everything and you at 2kish
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Bosses alone 1131 for firelands so you were close add in vendoring everything and you at 2kish
    That's counting in trashs/adds that are unskippable I'm guessing. The pure gold you get from bosses would be 7*125=875, with ~250 from trash/adds, which makes sense.

WoW fanatics who hang out on forums like this imagine that everybody else is willing to farm old raids or min/max multiple garrisons or play tedious AH games in order to accumulate masses of gold. For most players this kind of grindy boring stuff is simply not fun and they won't do it.

Anybody who says something like "I'm not a rich player - I only have half a million gold" is laughably out of touch with the average casual player. I'd guess that the majority of WoW players have never seen 100K at one time.

Deleted
    In this thread: 15 year olds who think wasting several hours a week on farming old raids is everyones cup of tea.

Not everyone enjoys doing this. Not everyone has the time to spare on this.

Inflating prices is just going to hurt casual players and new players because some people have nothing better to do than amassing millions of gold.

I say that as someone who won't have problems affording transmog and who occasionally farms gold. But it's asinine to suggest that you SHOULD put several hours a week (ideally on several twinks) into farming Cata raids for gold. A game that requires people to farm irrelevant content like this needs to get it's shit together.

All that said, I've seen world quests reward anything up to 1000g on the beta. They only take a couple of minutes, take place in current content and sohuld cover your monetary needs for transmogging easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    WoW fanatics who hang out on forums like this imagine that everybody else is willing to farm old raids or min/max multiple garrisons or play tedious AH games in order to accumulate masses of gold. For most players this kind of grindy boring stuff is simply not fun and they won't do it.

Anybody who says something like "I'm not a rich player - I only have half a million gold" is laughably out of touch with the average casual player. I'd guess that the majority of WoW players have never seen 100K at one time.
    And this is where you make a bold assumption, and also the part where I further become flabbergast. I am not by any means more than a casual player. I log for maybe an hour every 2-3 days. I do not raid because I work shift work. I do not pvp. I log and kill the world bosses and renew my garrison missions then log off. That's it. I do not try to make gold. I can't understand how people struggle so hard at it. Sure at the start of the expansion I went rather "hard" and got my garrison up to max with max treasure hunters and such. But any one can run an old raid in 15 minutes time and make a decent profit
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Firelands, Clear all Trash, All Bosses, 2 people in raid so gold is 250g (125g per player) per boss.

take into account 7 bosses 250gx 7.....

then all the gear on top, each boss drops 9 pieces of gear ranging from 18g-45g....

so avg that out to say 30g per item x 9 from each boss, if lucky.

1750g from bosses
    up to if not more than 1890 just from boss loot.

not taking into account the greens and other things you can get from trash.

clearing out firelands can net you around 2-3k minimum.

so i ask you how is the person exaggerating there gain of 2k gold in firelands?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungrungrun View Post
    In this thread: 15 year olds who think wasting several hours a week on farming old raids is everyones cup of tea.

Not everyone enjoys doing this. Not everyone has the time to spare on this.

Inflating prices is just going to hurt casual players and new players because some people have nothing better to do than amassing millions of gold.

I say that as someone who won't have problems affording transmog and who occasionally farms gold. But it's asinine to suggest that you SHOULD put several hours a week (ideally on several twinks) into farming Cata raids for gold. A game that requires people to farm irrelevant content like this needs to get it's shit together.

All that said, I've seen world quests reward anything up to 1000g on the beta. They only take a couple of minutes, take place in current content and sohuld cover your monetary needs for transmogging easily.
    This isn't the only way to get gold, this isn't what anyone is saying. You can get via dozens of means, tons of wealthy players focus in gaming the auction house. Garrisons, as mentioned, take almost no time at all for huge gains. Extremely casual friendly. Cata raids are being mentioned because they are pretty efficient for the amount of gold gained.

No one HAS to run old raids for money. No one. There are TONS of ways to make money. Cata raids are just short and easy.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW needs gold sinks. Cosmetic shit is a good place to start. Should be twice as much, really. You get gold for practically doing nothing in WoW.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Id like to know how to make so much gold if you dont have 8 alts with max level garrisons. I have plenty of alts but as soon as they hit 100 i basically never touch them and farming for max level garrison is a pain in the ass. I am not a big spender so I slowly build up some gold and now I sit at about 70k spread across about 3-4 characters. But then I read about people making 50-100k per WEEK by just doing missions and im like wtf? Tell me more master.
    For a lazy ass like me, WoD was the dream for gold making. Overall, I made about 3M gold in whole expansion, mostly by using the garrison on 10 chars. Got 5-6 treasure hunters, 3-4 scavenger and 1-2 greasemonkey on each toon. Tried to get some goblin ships for Shipyard aswell. With this I'm making ~300k a month now (was lower in the beginning).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Minor gold sink increase. Most players have plenty of gold.
    No they don't. O.o where do you get this fairytale from? Ask around, maybe here on MMO-Champion. You'll get plenty of people who do not have their garrison be build around making gold, or tenth of alts optimized for making big profits. And on MMO-C is not even a big part of the players. The average on a player is maybe around 110k gold. If you take 20 players and one is sitting on a couple of millions on several chars, guess what is left for the 19 players left if the average is 110k? You do the math, but here is a hint: they'll have way less than 110k.

Just because you think it is easy to make gold, and you know some people (knowing 300 people is still very few people) doesn't mean that everybody has tons of gold. That is simply not true.

Deleted
    Now, the real question is, how often do you swap your transmog if that's a problem... It seems like most people have one they really like and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    No, I'm saying you make around 2k. Which is not an exaggeration. But others in this thread say "a few k" or "3-5k" which definitely is an exaggeration, and I've heard this so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Less than 1k gold? Its literally almost impossible to be so broke, what do these people you speak of spend their money on? Do anything in the game at lvl 100 and you will make gold. Even raiding. Even pvp. Especially garrisons.
    Not everone got time to play 24/7 or even twice a week. i know people who raid 2 times a week and thats all they have time for. Work, kids and the whole package. They raid. hs to garrison send out some missions. They don't even have many lvl 100 followers. yet alone a team of specialy trained gold hogs sniffing up gold on every continent of azeroth.

I haven't played the garrison game. I quit wow after highmaul. then been on and off doing casual crap, farming transmogs. Ive got bits and scraps selling unneeded gear from dungeons. but thats hardly anything. I am now sitting on about 160k and jsut bought the yak mount. I bought tokens to get that money. Making gold in wow now is easy, yet timeconsuming. And people simply do not have the same amount of time to play. cause at the end of the day. its just a game.

Farming for max level garrison is not a problem at all. Well, it is too late to do it now, because there is not enough time left to make it worthwhile, but like 5 months ago it was simple like this:

1. Get character to 100, make sure that you did the salvage yard questline during the leveling process.
    2. Log out, wait a few days until you get enough ressources to upgrade your buildings. You just need Inn (Level 2 as fast as possible, level 3 at the end), Salvage Yard (level 3), Trading Post(level 1) and Barracks (level 3). Everything else is optional. You do not even have to play in between, you can just wait till your ressources are generated automatically.
    3. As soon as you have the Inn on level 2 start recruting followers with Scavenger, 3 or 4 of them should be enough.
    4. Just log in 1x or 2x a day and do your follower missions using a addon like masterplan, it speeds the process up A LOT.
    5. As soon as you have 3-4 followers with Scavenger, recruit treasure hunters and continue your mission.

Nothing else requiered. Do that on 6-7 Chars and you get a million in just a few months with something like 20 minutes playtime/day.

Of course you can improve the gold generation in some additional ways if you want to invest more time (e.g. build tailoring hut everywhere and create bags and sell them on the AH or build shipyard everywhere, but you need also to get the oil rig then and THAT requieres either a lot of time or a huge starting investement, also setting up the shipyards for the first time is really time consuming because you need most ships with dwarven crews), but it is not really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Not everone got time to play 24/7 or even twice a week. i know people who raid 2 times a week and thats all they have time for. Work, kids and the whole package. They raid. hs to garrison send out some missions. They don't even have many lvl 100 followers. yet alone a team of specialy trained gold hogs sniffing up gold on every continent of azeroth.
    I am literally playing 20 minutes a days and I've got 3millions+. Every 4 weeks I play like 1-2 additional hours and that is all since at least 3 months. I am fully aware that not every one cares that much about gold and that not everyone has that much, but we are talking about 1k here.
    1k gold is nothing. Really. It is what I get for ONE DAY of follower missions on ONE CHAR. And that is a bad day! I mean you just need to get one time the blingtron mission and you have 4k. If you are not actively throwing gold away I have no idea how you can stay around 1k.
    Last edited by Accendor; 2016-06-22 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Firelands, Clear all Trash, All Bosses, 2 people in raid so gold is 250g (125g per player) per boss.

take into account 7 bosses 250gx 7.....

then all the gear on top, each boss drops 9 pieces of gear ranging from 18g-45g....

so avg that out to say 30g per item x 9 from each boss, if lucky.

1750g from bosses
    up to if not more than 1890 just from boss loot.

not taking into account the greens and other things you can get from trash.

clearing out firelands can net you around 2-3k minimum.

This is probably most accurate post, I just helped a friend clear FL for an item, gold was 128 ea. split.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    this isn't what anyone is saying.
    You're lying. At least 1 person (possibly more) in this thread has suggested that you have no right to complain if you don't farm cata raids.

You can get via dozens of means, tons of wealthy players focus in gaming the auction house.
    Not everyone's cup of tea, either. It's not even a core part of the game gameplay wise. It was meant as a means to get some money for items that drop for you that you don't need but others might. I don't think Blizzard ever thought of people buying out all of ore X and then re-listing it at an increased price or undercutting tactics.
    Some wannabe wallstreet employees use it in WoW, but it's not core gameplay and should not be required by anyone just because some people have amassed absurd amounts of money.

Garrisons, as mentioned, take almost no time at all for huge gains. Extremely casual friendly.
    Garrisons are only WoD (in a few weeks they won't give gold anymore) and a great many people, including me, didn't play a lot of WoD. I have played this shithole of a content-less expansion for maybe 5 months total. Like I'm going to pay 15$ a month to play a stupid ass facebook waiting game to get ingame currency.

No one HAS to run old raids for money. No one. There are TONS of ways to make money. Cata raids are just short and easy.
    I never said people do. Other people in this thread implied this and I replied to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    For a lazy ass like me, WoD was the dream for gold making. Overall, I made about 3M gold in whole expansion, mostly by using the garrison on 10 chars. Got 5-6 treasure hunters, 3-4 scavenger and 1-2 greasemonkey on each toon. Tried to get some goblin ships for Shipyard aswell. With this I'm making ~300k a month now (was lower in the beginning).
    Realisticly - how much real life money and time has this cost you?

I mean just logging into 10 chars, finishing missions and restarting them, selling stuff and opening scavenging boxes will cost you AT LEAST 3 minutes per char (more likely 5). That's half an hour (more likely almost an entire hour) every time you log in just to collect gold. And at that point you haven't even played the game that you pay a monthly fee for. Do this twice a day and you have wasted an hour (more likely 1:40 hours) of your life on clicking through a couple menus to collect gold. EVERY FUCKING DAY.

Even thinking about it makes me feel like I'm wasting my life.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This people need to learn a thing called basic gold making. Solo data 25 heroic raids. Make3-5k per raid easy and come legion even horrible Alts will be able to do it
    Except they've nerfed gold in older raids. Not the actual gold that drops, but the gold on the items sell prices. This will only take effect in legion.