Poll: Have you heard anyone use in game voice chat?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's ranked. People should be at the top of their game. When they literally gimp their team, they should not be allowed to play ranked.
    And if they do so, they'll be ranked poorly, and only play with comparably-ranked people.

The problem fixes itself through the existence of the ranking system.

It's ranked. People should be at the top of their game. When they literally gimp their team, they should not be allowed to play ranked.
    I rather have someone in my team who speaks a language we all understand and has voice chat off instead of someone cursing and/or commanding in a language I do not understand.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Turning voice chat off was first thing I did after booting the game.
    Same.
    I have played games on the internet long enough to know that the only people using an in-game voice chat are obnoxious children, and mouth breathers.

I've had it on since the start but no on really uses it. Maybe 1 guy from time to time calling out some mildly useful information, but that's it. There really isn't much community in this game where teams break out into friendly conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I rather have someone in my team who speaks a language we all understand and has voice chat off instead of someone cursing and/or commanding in a language I do not understand.
    Yeah, so you just turn it off from the start.

If your finger rots you don't cut off the whole arm at the shoulder.

This is no less toxic than the people that rage.

And if they do so, they'll be ranked poorly, and only play with comparably-ranked people.
    Yeah and until that happens they're ruining games for those that don't.

ELO hell exists for a reason.

If your finger rots you don't cut off the whole arm at the shoulder.
    I simply prevent my finger from rotting at all.

This is an issue in pretty much every popular online game I've played-- CSGO, HOTS, DOTA, LoL, OW.
    The ping system in HoTS is more than good enough (Superb actually) to communicate absolutely everything you need to without opening your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    The ping system in HoTS is more than good enough (Superb actually) to communicate absolutely everything you need to without opening your mouth.
    Yeah right and Counter Strike can be played using only the voice chat commands found ingame.

Don't be ridiculous.

Voice chat allows you to set ult combos. There's a reason premades almost always win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I simply prevent my finger from rotting at all.
    Cancer.

Yeah right and Counter Strike can be played using only the voice chat commands found ingame.

Don't be ridiculous.

Voice chat allows you to set ult combos. There's a reason premades almost always win games.
    What has CS got to do with HoTS?

Voice chat may be superior for certain things, but it sure as hell isn't informing people your ultimate is ready. The ingame message is more than adequate to relay that information.
    If Zarya pings that her ultimate is ready and you have a a combo ultimate, as a player you're going to be there anticipating its use. That has absolutely nothing to do with being told with a voice or in game message.

Deleted
    I have decided to give voice comms a shot this evening but if it's just full of people telling me how good my mum is "A'la COD" i will turn it right back off

Deleted
    I talk sometimes but I've never heard anyone reply.

#feelsbadman

10+ Year Old Account
    My bigger issue is that if you solo queue it will put you in team chat, but if you queue in any sort of a group, it will remove you completely from team chat and put you in group chat. Most people in group chat will just stay in group chat and not move to team chat to talk to the pugs.

I accidentally had it turned off a week or so ago (if you have it "on" it doesn't work for some reason, it has to be "autojoin" in the options). I turned it on and I think I've heard two groups talk in it when I was solo queueing. One was two guys talking trying to coordinate pushing and giving locations and such...I asked if they were grouped, ended up grouping with them after we won, and made some new friends. Another game yesterday was just one guy giving locations of enemy snipers and such. I don't find something like that annoying and I haven't run into anyone being obnoxious with it yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogarasu View Post
    I have decided to give voice comms a shot this evening but if it's just full of people telling me how good my mum is "A'la COD" i will turn it right back off
    I had it on for 631 in total and the times I had any difficulties is still 3 times :P.
    Thats 0.48% of my matches, way to little to be an inconvenience to my team and have it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    My bigger issue is that if you solo queue it will put you in team chat, but if you queue in any sort of a group, it will remove you completely from team chat and put you in group chat. Most people in group chat will just stay in group chat and not move to team chat to talk to the pugs.

I accidentally had it turned off a week or so ago (if you have it "on" it doesn't work for some reason, it has to be "autojoin" in the options). I turned it on and I think I've heard two groups talk in it when I was solo queueing. One was two guys talking trying to coordinate pushing and giving locations and such...I asked if they were grouped, ended up grouping with them after we won, and made some new friends. Another game yesterday was just one guy giving locations of enemy snipers and such. I don't find something like that annoying and I haven't run into anyone being obnoxious with it yet.
    That's fucked, when I premade we use Skype.

Sounds like a lot of people complaining about annoying people are on EU? Or have never turned it on. It will be interested to see if people start talking once ranked comes out, but I can't imagine that will be fun to queue outside of group.

Deleted
    I have heard people using it
    Mostly people that have no clue about the game, which makes voice chat an hindrance more than anything else

Ended up turning off the voice chat
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-22 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I don't either, TBH.

And I'm introverted, quiet, and tend to not like people. I generally don't talk a lot in voice chats unless I know the people or am asked to join them. I've had no issues doing it with Overwatch.
    I'm introverted, quiet, and dislike most people.
    I will not talk online unless I have no other choice, and even then I will only say stuff that's required.

If I wanted to talk to random people, I'd go outside, not play games online.

I seem to be in the camp with a few others here of using for group chat, not using for solo queing.

Group chat is wonderful, as tank I can call incoming problems, get response from my group all around the field, ask for a strat change or update on a change as the game goes along. It's just wonderful.

Solo que team speak though, I think I have had one game where the chat was actually useful. The rest, when used, has been an overflowing storm of constant shit. There's no better way I can think of it. I've had the screaming kids, the disgusting chewers, the people that seem to be playing inside some sort of heavy machinery, people whose blatant idiocy\bigotry\racism\whatever seems to spew forth from their mouth non-stop and think that because we're all on the same random team everyone must enjoy their opinions on whatever they are going on about, and just the general idiots. I haven't even made it to 500 games yet and I must have muted over 200 people. Maybe its my bad luck, maybe I'm in some sort of MMR hole for winning so often with my group of friends that when I solo que I get put with people to try to bring theirs up so the team has a ratable average, maybe I'm the asshole for muting them all. Its all possible, but all very frustrating overall.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    i hear people sometimes using it, like yesterday someone told our genji to get on the point because he was just jumping around trying not to get killed. (politely ofc, he wasnt nerdraging)
    we even could have won, 1 tiny sec more and i (as tracer) would be there.

its still quit rare tho.

i think i heard some guy talking in some other language, probably with friends or something, i also heard screaming kids and a whiner once.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-06-22 at 04:05 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Mostly used it for shits and giggles tbh. Might probably see more use when the ranked system hits.