Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    azor still on his period , if he too good for this place then he should piss off back where he came from , he posts nothing good only spits hate and rubbish XD

im suprised he not removed from these forums if he has nothing better to say haha
    Not helping. Like at all. And completely missed the point I was going for.

well after reading the last 2 pages I now have a greater appreciation for wordup and all the help he gives the enhance community without being such a massive dickwaffle about it.

azor still on his period , if he too good for this place then he should piss off back where he came from , he posts nothing good only spits hate and rubbish XD

im suprised he not removed from these forums if he has nothing better to say haha
    Considering your contributions are never anything but weak, not even amusing trolling, it's a greater surprise that you're still here.

Quote Originally Posted by St4rC0 View Post
    If you'd care so little you wouldn't waste time spitting bile. Just keep it down, you are, while being valuable to the discussion itself, seriously detrimental to the forum's health right now. I'd love to discuss the hunter class without having to filter out every second half of a sentence. Opening a thread doesn't give you the right to act like a (horrible) mod.

Back on topic:

I'm not sure if degrading Flanking Strike to a filler is intended, though. Maybe it is - when picking Way of the Mok'Nathal (who knows, maybe Mok'Nathal just don't flank? :P) - but I wouldn't be surprised if this was fixed in some other way than nerfing the talent, because to make a high prio Flanking Strike valuable they'd have to nerf Mok'Nathal to bits should they be so dead set on Flanking Strike's super insane Focus cost.
    "If you cared so little about about people listening to what you say then you wouldn't be so rude.", that just makes no sense. Like, at all. Think you're stretching your ability to explain yourself a bit thin here. When it comes to actually producing discussion that anyone will use past expansion release, these forums failed long ago, that's why everyone with half a brain left. I am pretty fucking retarded for even bothering but that's always been my speciale.

The rest of your post is a prime example of this pointless speculation, and clear evidence of the fact that you have no idea how to play the spec yourself and no idea how it is supposed to be played. Can't hold that against you since it's not like anyone has made a guide.

What you are writing about is completely inconsequential. No one will give a fuck if Flanking Strike is used on CD or not come Legion, you just see a lot of people pissy about it because they don't have beta and frankly don't have the brain cells required to fathom complaining about something that actually has consequences for how fun the spec is. It makes perfect sense for the stronger talent (Way of the Mok'Nathal) to come with the biggest difficulty in terms of maximizing it, and also have obvious effects on how you handle the rest of your rotation (a simple talent that changes how you play at a fundamental level and rewards you for doing it well is a well-designed talent).

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    that's why everyone with half a brain left.
    Hey, you leave me and my quarter of a brain out of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    Considering your contributions are never anything but weak, not even amusing trolling, it's a greater surprise that you're still here.
    where are your words of wisdom then , arent you the guy acting all big but goes reporting people becasuse you love to give it but cant take it , pussy boy

your contributions to this forum is as big as your peanut sized cock

where are your words of wisdom then , arent you the guy acting all big but goes reporting people becasuse you love to give it but cant take it , pussy boy

your contributions to this forum is as big as your peanut sized cock
    Look, if you're gonna make stuff up, could you at least make it funny?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    Look, if you're gonna make stuff up, could you at least make it funny?
    your the clown here , make us laugh you joker.

And this is why the Hunter community has such a bad name.

Deleted
    Yes, I'm speculating. I'm speculating that a spell marked as core will be used as core - and a spell that is marked as filler will be used as a filler. Sue me.

This is getting ridiculous. I'm saying that it's not wise to pidgeon hole oneself into a playstyle from beta, which might very well change, and one should keep the options open. My brain is just fine - you are but a prime example of someone not trying to research but to prove.

I'm talking about what I'd like to have - you know - like in a feedback thread, and what I suppose the devs want, too, and try to put arguments into it. Also, I am fully aware, that was IS is different right now. But this is not Azor's Guide thread for Survival - this is Legion Alpha/Beta Discussion.

Seriously, people keep acting like killing a boss in mythic is worthy of a badge of honor and figuring out the math of a game should reward a doctorate.
    Last edited by mmoc7f25e17046; 2016-06-22 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    "If you cared so little about about people listening to what you say then you wouldn't be so rude.", that just makes no sense. Like, at all. Think you're stretching your ability to explain yourself a bit thin here. When it comes to actually producing discussion that anyone will use past expansion release, these forums failed long ago, that's why everyone with half a brain left. I am pretty fucking retarded for even bothering but that's always been my speciale.

The rest of your post is a prime example of this pointless speculation, and clear evidence of the fact that you have no idea how to play the spec yourself and no idea how it is supposed to be played. Can't hold that against you since it's not like anyone has made a guide.

What you are writing about is completely inconsequential. No one will give a fuck if Flanking Strike is used on CD or not come Legion, you just see a lot of people pissy about it because they don't have beta and frankly don't have the brain cells required to fathom complaining about something that actually has consequences for how fun the spec is. It makes perfect sense for the stronger talent (Way of the Mok'Nathal) to come with the biggest difficulty in terms of maximizing it, and also have obvious effects on how you handle the rest of your rotation (a simple talent that changes how you play at a fundamental level and rewards you for doing it well is a well-designed talent).
    Its funny, how you could be right, yet your odd desire to tell everyone theyve got half a brain and whatnot means you end up using 20 lines, while only really saying something meaningful in 3 of them, the rest is filled with some 2003 epeen "i keel dragons really guud!" attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by St4rC0 View Post
    If you'd care so little you wouldn't waste time spitting bile. Just keep it down, you are, while being valuable to the discussion itself, seriously detrimental to the forum's health right now. I'd love to discuss the hunter class without having to filter out every second half of a sentence. Opening a thread doesn't give you the right to act like a (horrible) mod.

Back on topic:

I'm not sure if degrading Flanking Strike to a filler is intended, though. Maybe it is - when picking Way of the Mok'Nathal (who knows, maybe Mok'Nathal just don't flank? :P) - but I wouldn't be surprised if this was fixed in some other way than nerfing the talent, because to make a high prio Flanking Strike valuable they'd have to nerf Mok'Nathal to bits should they be so dead set on Flanking Strike's super insane Focus cost.
    Id honestly also prefere if they didnt make a level 15 talent, dictate the playstyle at level 110, keeping up a 8 second buff is tedious, and while it might sim best, the playstyle is boring. Furthermore I doubt it's usefullness outside of raids, beeing punished that much, for not sticking on target seems counterproductive with the direction they're going with classes in generel this expansion. (Warning: Opinion not based on excel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Id honestly also prefere if they didnt make a level 15 talent, dictate the playstyle at level 110, keeping up a 8 second buff is tedious, and while it might sim best, the playstyle is boring. Furthermore I doubt it's usefullness outside of raids, beeing punished that much, for not sticking on target seems counterproductive with the direction they're going with classes in generel this expansion. (Warning: Opinion not based on excel)
    Exactly. I can live with both playstyles existing, but I'd prefer "vanilla" SV to be competitive compared to Mok'Nathal. =/

Deleted
    I only have a few gripes from my limited experience on the beta (a few quests and the intro):-

Lack of Mobility: Harpoon is great and on theme but outside of that all we have is a sprint on a 2/3 minute cooldown. Realistically we need a passive speed buff or bring back some form of the old AoTC. I can't see the reason for removing Disengage either, it helped a lot in both PVE and PVP (not to mention using it to avoid fall damage).

Artifact Weapon: I would of liked to have seen some sort of option to dual-wield axes - it's alot more iconic than a polearm imo. When you think survival hunter you think Rexxar. He could of played a part in obtaining the artifact weapon or pass on his axes etc.

Durability: Currently we're the squishiest melee class in PVP with no escapes with a single defensive ability on a long cooldown. In all honesty I think keeping the current abilities from Live would be the best solution for this, it's a good mix of escape (disengage , posthaste) and damage reduction (deterrence).

Interaction with pet: Currently Flanking Strike is underwhelming and our only interaction with the pet. I would like to see them bring back some form of kill command and have it so flanking strike resets the cooldown or gives us a free charge of kill command.

Other than that I've really enjoyed playing Survival hunter and I think it's what I'll be playing when Legion goes live.

Deleted
    Did Dragonsfire Grenade receive a nerf today? Couldn't find it on the patchnotes if it did or is it bugged now?

since it now more accurately reflects its tooltip I'd say its a bugfix/huge nerf.

I think the tooltip was changed too, because before it didn't do damage to the target that had the debuff, it did damage to all enemies around it. Now it says that the target takes damage and scorches nearby enemies. But yes, compared to before it's a huge nerf and basically doesn't even seem to be worth taking over SS now

Tooltip history can be found at the bottom of WoWheads change log:
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=1948...nade#changelog

The tooltip did not receive an update. Instead, the talent mechanics simply now reflect the tooltip words (Throw grenade, deal fire damage over x seconds, also deal damage to nearby targets). Prior it was dealing exponential AoE damage, incorrectly spreading the debuff with the newly spread debuff also causing the nearby scorch.
    TLDR, really big bug fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaak View Post
    I think the tooltip was changed too, because before it didn't do damage to the target that had the debuff, it did damage to all enemies around it. Now it says that the target takes damage and scorches nearby enemies. But yes, compared to before it's a huge nerf and basically doesn't even seem to be worth taking over SS now
    It still does pretty good aoe, just not as ridiculous as before. Plus our explosive trap got buffed through artifact talents, so it didnt all go to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    And this is why the Hunter community has such a bad name.
    Yep, it's pretty bad. Every forum has their trolls and flamers, but it's really bad on these ones.
    Even normal discussions generally devolve into pathetic flame fests, fed by both sides. The moment you says something that isn't 100% accurate or have an opinion that goes against the general consensus, you're met with a tsunami of assholery sneers.

ok, so... we can't talk about builds and rotations until legion release day.

??
    I don't see why we can't. As long as people keep in mind that a lot is likely to change, so there is very very little use in trying to bitterly prove your point or convince people you are right based on your "gut feelings".

It's also really hard to judge how blizzard intended some skills to be used.
    Flanking Strike for example seems to be designed like it's suppose to be SV's main focus dump; but it's focus/sec demand is extremely high for an ability you'd want to use on cooldown. If you pick up WotMN it probably even becomes a low priority skill to use. Which isn't necessarily bad (a talent altering your skill priority that is); but it makes FS even more "meh".

What's the point of the Throwing Axes talent? Questing?